A_Deity
+4|6419|BLO(Buffalo), NY
Hey all First time, long time.  I have an idea for the first BF2142 patch.  Well what I would like to see in a future patch is for snipers, when standing the sway is at it's max, crouching it subsides a bit, and prone it's almost gone but still there.  In addition adding one extra control...empty lung.  This is when you release your breath until your lungs are almost empty and hold, this stabilizes your shot for a few seconds.  As your body runs out of available oxygen you begin to tremble and have to inhale again.  In the few seconds you have you make small adjustments to your aim and fire.  That would add a really good element to the sniper aspect of the game and bring in some reality.  i don't know how difficult that would be to implement but would be nice as I pretty much play the sniper kit in bf2.  Other than that I can deal with the rest, after all we did survive the 1.3 patch.   What do you think?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6703
that is a really good idea. +1
waikashi
+1|6653|North Carolina
Ea games this is who you should be listening to god damn it.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6716|Antarctica
There is already a stabilizer unlock for the sniper kit.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6673|under there hayousaidunderwear
It's to early to start thinking of patches
tyme414
+29|6651
nice idea, reminds me of metal gear solid when you could take the pills to steady your shot out
GR34
+215|6555|ALBERTA> CANADA
the stabilizer unlock sux ass. I thnk 4 titan mode there should be a mini titan that you can fly and u have to destroy both the big one and the little one only the little on has weak shields as in 5 emp nades take it out. the samaller titan can be manualy flow and its 10 x faster then the real titan but samaller has 2 reactor pannles and a smaller reactor. and it only lunches gun ships

and in the first patch i want to be able to use titan pods once the titan is destroyed as a means of getting off of the ship. and if yer sitting in them not dieing when the titan blows up
A_Deity
+4|6419|BLO(Buffalo), NY

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

There is already a stabilizer unlock for the sniper kit.
Yeah I know but the thing that bugs me is you have to unlock it for one, and two there is a sort of art to sniping.  This would be something to enhance the feel, the upgrade your talking about can still be used just to minimize the amount of sway when in the different stances just not eliminate it all together.  Just an idea though.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6573|British Columbia, Canada

majorassult wrote:

It's to early to start thinking of patches
Its never to early for DICE...
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6770|San Antonio, Texas

A_Deity wrote:

Hey all First time, long time.  I have an idea for the first BF2142 patch.  Well what I would like to see in a future patch is for snipers, when standing the sway is at it's max, crouching it subsides a bit, and prone it's almost gone but still there.  In addition adding one extra control...empty lung.  This is when you release your breath until your lungs are almost empty and hold, this stabilizes your shot for a few seconds.  As your body runs out of available oxygen you begin to tremble and have to inhale again.  In the few seconds you have you make small adjustments to your aim and fire.  That would add a really good element to the sniper aspect of the game and bring in some reality.  i don't know how difficult that would be to implement but would be nice as I pretty much play the sniper kit in bf2.  Other than that I can deal with the rest, after all we did survive the 1.3 patch.   What do you think?
That sounds alot like CoD2... Good idea!

LT.Victim wrote:

Its never to early for DICE...
You mean EA?

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2006-10-10 19:30:58)

jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6750|Norcal, usa
but this is in the future, where they regressed from instant zooming and no uncertainty to massive uncertainty.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6519|Los Angeles, California
Hmm... I've done this for archery. It WILL work. Great Idea! +1
DazBurt
Kinda Nice Guy!
+10|6672|In The Zone
WTF!!!!!! The game hasn't even been officially released and already this place is full of whiney ass babies complaining.

If this was real life you wouldn't be sitting at your PC screen with your mound of Mcdonalds wrappers keeping you company.   pfffft, press a button to exhale.  That has got to be the stupidest comment I have read on this forum.

Maybe we could have 1 button for the left leg and another for the right and we can all run around looking like a bunch of retarded thunderbirds.  Or make a motion sensor glove so we have to do the hand movements ourselves to change the magazines. (but this would give away all you people who masterbate over the game)

All I can say is if you think you can do better then go ahead.  Crawl into your Fat Boy existence and code your own game and stop whining about these ones.............................what was that?.......................You don't know how to?...............................................Of course you dont!

/Rant
OmniDeath
~
+726|6654

i think its a good idea, reminds me of splinter cell.

Last edited by Omnideath (2006-10-10 22:47:08)

Hawk390
+27|6654|Melbourne, Australia
good idea, cod2 implemented it very well, and it created a definate art to sniping. Right now it makes no sense to still have massive deviation when proned, so it would be good to see this kinda system implemented in a future patch after full release.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6716
Eggsalad
A_Deity
+4|6419|BLO(Buffalo), NY

DazBurt wrote:

WTF!!!!!! The game hasn't even been officially released and already this place is full of whiney ass babies complaining.

If this was real life you wouldn't be sitting at your PC screen with your mound of Mcdonalds wrappers keeping you company.   pfffft, press a button to exhale.  That has got to be the stupidest comment I have read on this forum.

Maybe we could have 1 button for the left leg and another for the right and we can all run around looking like a bunch of retarded thunderbirds.  Or make a motion sensor glove so we have to do the hand movements ourselves to change the magazines. (but this would give away all you people who masterbate over the game)

All I can say is if you think you can do better then go ahead.  Crawl into your Fat Boy existence and code your own game and stop whining about these ones.............................what was that?.......................You don't know how to?...............................................Of course you dont!

/Rant
And he calls me a whiney baby, I love it.  Just goes to show how a keyboard helps people grow a sack.  Two thumbs up buddy:) putz.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6716

DazBurt wrote:

/Rant
Jeeze...It was only a suggestion.  Look whose talking.
zeidmaan
+234|6425|Vienna

I just have to say, sniping in COD2 is easier than in any other game I played. And the exhale thing becomes a routine after few hours of playing. Just look at the stats of any server and chanses are that Most kills are with sniper.
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6656|Cardiff - Wales - UK

tyme414 wrote:

nice idea, reminds me of metal gear solid when you could take the pills to steady your shot out
Pills to steady your shot ay!  The ones I take do the opposite
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6633|Little Bentcock

chaosdragon001 wrote:

Hmm... I've done this for archery. It WILL work. Great Idea! +1
Field Archery FTW
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6533|Little blue planet, milky way

A_Deity wrote:

Hey all First time, long time.  I have an idea for the first BF2142 patch.  Well what I would like to see in a future patch is for snipers, when standing the sway is at it's max, crouching it subsides a bit, and prone it's almost gone but still there.  In addition adding one extra control...empty lung.
Why not play Americas army then ?
malarkeycoon
+16|6650|Cardiff
they have a similar thing in far cry
irok100
+114|6660
yeah i have been most kills almost every round, at leasst every round of a server with 35 or more people...cuz less than that and everybody is driving something
irok100
+114|6660

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

DazBurt wrote:

/Rant
Jeeze...It was only a suggestion.  Look whose talking.
WTF .. do you friggin work for dice. i think its a pretty good idea, because the breathing is just plain annoying, only would dice maye a game in the future with LESS steady weapons, with less firing capabilities... i mean gimme a break,  the only thing i like about the breathing is it will discourage some more noobish snipers from playing

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard