ljt-cohones
+0|6477
I honestly don't know - mostly because I'm not residing in the U.S.
But what i do know or I think I know, is that you only have 2 different parties. Each of those has very different political goals/ways,  which makes US politics look very black/white; it's either A or B, leaving few or none nuances.
I'm from Denmark (us with the Muhammad-drawings - d'oh) where we got about 10 different parties, going from red treehuggers to semi neo-nazis. Our current administration is formed by 3 parties - the coalition consist of 4 smaller and then we got some joker parties on the outside, who speaks for the minorities. This works very well I might add...
If I'm not totally off subject I would like to hear if any U.S.-residents ever thought about/ or thinks that more parties/groups would make a difference in any way?
Hope it makes sense...Sorry for being off subject and for bad grammar/syntax or any other errors - I just think this is all very interesting...

Adam
howler_27
+90|6679
I personally think that Powell would make a good choice for a President.  He has started some very good programs, and also has the military knowledge on how to get things done.  I guarantee you that had he been in there during Hurricane Katrina, the military would have moved in at a much quicker pace to respond with rescues.  He may have had a fault in the whole Iraqi intelligence thing, but allegedly, he was going off of what he was presented to be fact. Obviously, all people have bad days, so the instance stated above is probable, but he still is a "balanced" person.  I don't care who you are, nobody is absolutely perfect. 

As for McCain, I also thought that he would make a very good candidate, up until the last few months and the decisions that he made regarding the votes.  Of course in politics, when your not on the top of the totem pole, you do what you have to in order to stay in good light with the majority.  I truly believe that he has compassion and the right grit for the job.  He's a family guy, with a military background, and understands the plight of troops serving in hostile environments.  A far friggin' cry from our current former "RESERVIST" president. 

Rudy,  would be an interesting choice, but he just doesn't seem to have that presidential flare to him.  Hard to explain, he seems somewhat transparent.  Perhaps it's just that he can remain overly calm in drastic situations.  It sure seemed that way after 9/11 when he was talking out on the streets with reporters. 

Hillary is definitely a strong political hammer slammer, but it scares the hell out of me to think that she actually may be a prime candidate.  Not for the fact that she's a woman, but for the fact that she has the potential to really fuck thinks up from a "personal agenda" point of view.

What this country really needs right now is a practical thinker who is currently concerned with what's going on HERE!  Get this shit straightened out from the inside, and then move onward.  Quit trying to impress the international community by "helping" them, and show them that your trying to clean up your image from the inside.  A fresh start from either party is a good thing right now.  The key is to get someone who is down with a country that they love and want to help instead of line their own pockets with bribes and personal interests.  Just my .02.

Last edited by howler_27 (2006-10-09 14:26:09)

Brasso
+1,549|6622

Fancy_Pollux.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Altophish
+8|6492
Elmo of Sesame Street...the end
ljt-cohones
+0|6477

Altophish wrote:

Elmo of Sesame Street...the end
Debate and Serious Talk...
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Stephen Colbert. Then we would actually get a Stephen Colbert bridge.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6515|Little blue planet, milky way
Funny thing about elmo.....

Used to be that you had the option to write in your own candidate on the bill (not sure if this is/was also the case for the US). Untill this option was changed and candidates had to get signed in with a petition and crap like that... Donald Duck used to get quite a few votes back in the 70'ies over here at least.

For the more serious part... It IS a shame that neither side can muster a decent presidential candidate just as yet. But the primaries aren't over yet, so who knows.. maybe some decent candidates will show up. It's not all like in "the west wing" IRL.
iamamuts
+2|6748|Lisse, Netherlands
Balkenende !!!!!!!!!!!!1
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6743|the middle of nowhere

Varegg wrote:

Borat for president !
IRONCHEF
+385|6483|Northern California
But seriously..who WOULD run if you had integrity, honesty, and an original thought in your head knowing the crap you'd be subjecting yourself from?  It's already evident that you can't please the whole country, and you can't solve ALL the problems -- and if you did, they solution would not serve everyone's best interests.  There's propaganda from the right and left and from outside the country that would make you out to be a villain when you're a saint, and conservative when you're liberal...  Ok, I've already said it..i have no hope in politics..i'll digress.
ljt-cohones
+0|6477
Ironchef: I've been thinking the same; your country is too big to be led by one man only. You would need 4-5 presidents perhaps even one for each state to fully cover everybodys best interests. In some way USA reminds me of Soviet Union - being all power placed on one spot.
Let's just hope that US doesn't divides itself into 52 small countries fighting eachother .....not funny.....
13rin
+977|6471
Dick Cheney. j/k -kinda.  My vote is to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Schwarzkopf
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
liquix
+51|6446|Peoples Republic of Portland
I vote we don't have a president, hows about a triumvirate. One Dem, one appalachian (Republican), and one Green.

In case you are explosive and mildly retarded, the appalachian thing was a joke.
howler_27
+90|6679

ljt-cohones wrote:

Ironchef: I've been thinking the same; your country is too big to be led by one man only. You would need 4-5 presidents perhaps even one for each state to fully cover everybodys best interests. In some way USA reminds me of Soviet Union - being all power placed on one spot.
Let's just hope that US doesn't divides itself into 52 small countries fighting eachother .....not funny.....
We already have small government in place to cover the individual states, counties, cities, towns and rural areas.  It all goes back to the same thing, everybody is a whiner, lol.  Seriously though, there are some very good communities and states out there who are doing it right.  And, believe it or not, some of the "old west" ways still exist, though it's not talked about for obvious reasons.
ProRacerNorm
+6|6592

S3v3N wrote:

John McCain.
IRONCHEF
+385|6483|Northern California

ljt-cohones wrote:

Well thats that thing.  Our country is designed to be led by 50 governors as they preside and direct each state.  There is to be a president leading the executive branch, a house of representatives who represent the people of their states, and a senate who are the law makers (i may have mixed those up).  These three groups are supposed to be small, they are not to really interfere into the state affairs unless there's a real need (somebody not playing nice, etc), and they are protect the country and what it stands for.  But alas, small government cannot exist when there's so much money to be made and endless need for power.  So the states get screwed, we end up losing our "power of the people" and we end up being run by a government of the government.

If it were possible for an overhaul of our government, returning to that ideal is what would be needed.  And you'd actually have 50 seperate states with their own laws, customs, ideals....as long as they fitted the constitutional standards.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-10-09 15:35:39)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

sig
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

Me.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
Ikarti

VP Xietsu

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-09 16:12:14)

FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6632|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
Ralph Nader FTW
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6465|Kakanien
chuck norris!
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6410|Florida

Jenkinsbball wrote:

My choice is me, by the way. But, seriously, I don't know who I'd vote for. They say whatever they have to to get into office and the fuck everyone... so, I usually don't vote.
It always amazes me that the ones who admit they don't vote are usually the one bitchin the loudest. At least if you voted you could have something to bitch about, otherwise if you decide to not vote then you should just shut your hole.
ts-pulsar
+54|6495

S3v3N wrote:

John McCain.
John McCain talks some stuff that sounds good, but some of the laws he's supported make it so I could never vote for him.  He actually supports a bill that would allow censorship of talk radio shows about politics, thus ignoring the 1st ammendment.  The whole point of the first ammendment was to allow free speach specifically about POLITICS.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

I don't know who John McCain is, but I WOULD like to see John McClain in the oval office. That'd kick arse!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Volatile
+252|6696|Sextupling in Empire

Fuck Republicans and Democrats! I'm going to vote for anything but those two.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard