Maximus[be]
+14|6560
I have been thingking quite a lot about this lately and i guess i finally got out of it

Because they realised that bf2 was their biggest mistake (2 meany bugs etc) ever so now there is bf2 n°2 bf2142

it's just a futuristic bf2.
they are a lot alike check it our urselves   ( more then you think)

and still now there are some bugs on the 1.4 patch. i agree they are not enoying but still there are some bugs left. ( im to tired to come up with some but last week end i found 1 or 2)
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6686|London, UK
$£$£$£$£
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Because of like............money............and stuff.
Smackin_U
VAGITARIAN
+35|6640|Somewhere in the shadows

bullit wrote:

$£$£$£$£

usmarine2005 wrote:

QFT

Edit: Added Marine's quote.

Last edited by Smackin_U (2006-10-09 12:32:40)

-EcS-Blade
Mr.Speakman
+153|6636|Manchester UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

what he said
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6712
They have been working on 2142 since last Jan...  hence the skeleton crew working on the bad patches...
just a theory... wink   

think about it... every time a patch was released... everyone would say... man did they even test this patch for problems... now you know...
Love is the answer
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6691|Howell, Mi USA
EA/DIce's mindset = Y make money on 1 game when we can make money on 2. But instead of making an entirly new game we'll redesign the old and resell it as new. We can even use the same engine!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And i think they could fix Bf2 if they would just quit listening to 12 year olds on forums whining about x weapon/vehicle being "too ubar leet" so nerf it, and instead work on fixing stuff. I don't have a problem with 1.4 it fixed pretty much everything for me. I only noticed the "rank bug" and i still can't click on ribbons in BFHQ. Other than that it's cool.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
turkeybacon
+50|6442|Dragon Valley
Because its easy to release a new title on the same engine, or a slightly modified version. The engine takes a few years to tweak properly, the probably shelled the 1942 engine and started BF2 with a 40% complete engine. Spent a few years/millions making it set to release BF2 and they want more ROI of what they spent so long building. Maps/armies/weapons/vehicles arent that hard, you just need good modellers. The game engine is the core and thats what takes years to build. Once its built, put your modellers to work and bam you got a new game in 10 months including design time.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
to make money, purely and simply. many people thing ea are out there to keep thier customers happy, but they are not, they are a global company, out to make money. they have wages and bills to pay after all!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
greenhaven
+47|6462
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
RyansRangers
+2|6527
because a bunch of idiots like u will buy it.
Crawdaddy79
+27|6533
They do it because someone that gets paid a lot of money tells them to do it that way.

Special Forces I felt came out too soon.  Same with the Euro Force "booster pack".

Armored Fury was released at just about the right time.

They sold enough copies of all of these that they felt people were ready for some BF2142 and tired of BF2.  It's been out a year and a half now.  They usually release an entirely new game similar to the last one in year-long cycles.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464
Because of DICE's motto: "We'll just patch it later."
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6527
Quake Wars scared EA so they decided to make a futuristic mod for BF2 and charge money for it before Quake Wars comes out and decimates the Battlefield series.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6670|Canada Eh?
2142 is a glorified mod. I was disappointed with the Beta release and I'm disappointed with the Demo, Sadly I'm a consumer whore so I'm still going to buy it *sigh*
turkeybacon
+50|6442|Dragon Valley

Vampira_NB wrote:

2142 is a glorified mod. I was disappointed with the Beta release and I'm disappointed with the Demo, Sadly I'm a consumer whore so I'm still going to buy it *sigh*
thats just sad
AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6474|Liverpool, England
I have said this before 2142 is just a bf2 mod imo.
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6548|The Land of Claywhore
2142 is the biggest fucking joke of a game that I've ever seen.I can't get past the server select screen without losing connection.Then when i finally manage to get into a game i get dumped before i can do anything.I thought they were going to work on this problem over the weekend?Apparently they don't give a fuck about costumer service,quality control,or the customers themselves.It took me 2hrs to download this stupid excuse for a demo and i can't even get 1 minute of enjoyment out of it.

I'll be sticking with BF2 and SF cause at least i can play 3 or 4 rounds without losing my connection.I've already uninstalled the 2142 demo and i assure you i won't be wasting my hard earned money on the full version until they can figure out how to satisfy there paying customers and create a playable game.

FUCK 2142!

Last edited by BrOk_MoRdU (2006-10-09 16:11:09)

turkeybacon
+50|6442|Dragon Valley

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

2142 is the biggest fucking joke of a game as I've ever seen.I can't get past the server select screen without losing connection.Then when i finally manage to get into a game i get dumped before i can do anything.I thought they were going to work on this problem over the weekend?Apparently they do give a fuck about costumer service,quality control,or the customers themselves.It took me 2hrs to download this stupid excuse for a demo and i can't even get 1 minute of enjoyment out of it.

I'll be sticking with BF2 and SF cause at least i can play 3 or 4 rounds without losing my connection.I've already uninstalled the 2142 demo and i assure you i won't be wasting my hard earned money on the full version until they can figure out how to satisfy there paying customers and create a playable game.

FUCK 2142!
I got a d3d9_xxx.dll missing error after the install, lmao. If you want people to buy this crappy excuse for a game, maybe umm...make it work?

edit: actually, i guess they dont have to bother, people will still buy it

*patiently waiting for bf3*

Last edited by turkeybacon (2006-10-09 14:05:31)

mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6536|The Lost Highway
I think 2142 is pretty gay. Quake wars is gonna slay it. Untill then, I'll keep playing Bf2.
Vexikuri
+1|6435
Everquest = Good
Everquest2 = Bad

BF2 = Good
2142 BF = Bad
Wojo97civic
+5|6447

usmarine2005 wrote:

No becasue Ea found out about quake wars and said oh shit what are we going to do. lets make new maps take away all the kits no one likes, airplanes, hrmm maybe we should change the ranking system so we can compete with quake wars.   Perfect
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6646
EASY:to make money
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6771|EUR
Its been a year - its reasonable.

Last edited by MuseSeeker (2006-10-09 14:38:45)

Riddick51PB
+21|6504|Lincoln.ne.us

Maximus[be] wrote:

I have been thingking quite a lot about this lately and i guess i finally got out of it

Because they realised that bf2 was their biggest mistake
when EA looks at their revenues from BF2 sales, they aren't thinking mistake.

Maximus[be] wrote:

it's just a futuristic bf2.
really, did the name BF2142 give that away?  i would have thought it a 15th century game.

Maximus[be] wrote:

and still now there are some bugs on the 1.4 patch. i agree they are not enoying but still there are some bugs left. ( im to tired to come up with some but last week end i found 1 or 2)
so you're still playing BF2 eh?  yes, EA got your money as well as mine.

you can see i'm currently compiling a Patch v1.5 request list by clicking on
this bf2s.com thread.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard