Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6778|United States
Who here is following the Saddam trial, and what is your opinion of it?

I say skip the trial, and execute him.

Discuss.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6857
there was never any doubt whether he would be convicted. it's not a fair trial if the defendant has no chance of winning. it's just another way of hammering home the point: saddam hussein got pwnt by the US. sucks to be him right now, but he's had a good run. you win some, you lose some.
AirForce2076
+1|6779|MN
Throw him in solitary confinment for life. Why just execute him? Thats just a waste of life.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6885|-

AirForce2076 wrote:

Throw him in solitary confinment for life. Why just execute him? Thats just a waste of life.
He is a waste of life...
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6857
do any of you actually know anything about saddam hussein other than what you see on TV?
do you know how his regime compares with that of his neighbors?
it's fine if you want to condemn him, but let's have some supporting evidence. this is the debate forum after all.

Last edited by Krappyappy (2005-12-11 17:46:50)

AirForce2076
+1|6779|MN
Well that's what I'm saying. Don't execute him, let him die a slow painful death in confinment.
pacman VKC
+0|6754
ok someone else can give defense, heres the prosecution

*  Arrest of hundreds of Iraqi Islamic activists and the execution of five religious leaders in 1974 as chairman of the Revolutionary Command Council.

* The execution of 21 Ba’ath Party leaders in 1979 in Iraq.

* Unprovoked attack on Iran in 1980.

* The arrest, torture, and execution of Ayatollah Mohamad baqir Al Sadr and his sister Amina Al in 1980.

* During the Iran-Iraq war Hussein used chemical weapons and summarily executed thousands of Iranian prisoners of war.

* The arrest of 90 members of the Al Hakim family and the execution of 16 members of that family in 1983.

* During the Anfal campaign Hussein used chemical weapons on Kurdish cities including  Halabja in 1988, in which as many as 5,000 people were killed, mostly civilians.

* 1990 invasion of Kuwait.

* Forced deportation of Kurdish and Turkomen families to southern Iraq displacing of 900,000.

* Entire populations of Marsh Arab and Shi'a Arab villages have been forcibly expelled. Government forces have burned their houses and fields, and demolished houses with bulldozers.  Thousands of civilians were summarily executed.

* Assassination of opposition figures outside Iraq such Hardan Al Tikriti, former Defense Minister, in Kuwait in 1973; Haj Sahal Al Salman in UAE in 1981; Sami Mahdi and Ni'ma Mohamad in Pakistan in 1987; Sayed Mahdi Al Hakim in Sudan in 1988; and Shaikh Talib Al Suhail in Lebanon in 1994.

we could get into what good old Uday and Qusay did, such as Uday's time on the olympic committee and such, but then again Uday had some convictions at least when he killed his fathers lover lol he plus he did call his two private jets nipple one and nipple two lol

But as to the topic, I try to follow the circus as much as possible but with the hoohaa thats going on its slow and sporadic at best, I hope the charges stick and more follow, wouldnt have suprised me if he had got imunity is some never heard of place, which has happened an awful lot. At least IRAQ got him and he has to pay for his crimes. As capital punishment is more widely accepted in Mid East then it should be fitting for this long over due tyrant to be dispersed with as seen fit by the Iraqi people. But if/when He is beheaded/shot what does that say, we all (or some) wanna be friends, but at least things are moving relativly quick compared to the joke otherwise known as the Hague in the Netherlands Its a real shame the way its panning out cos this will have no positive affect on the situation in Iraq, they really should of forseen the effects removal was gonna cause.

Bit off topic sorry, but did he pose a threat to US/UK ect cos mastermind behind 9/11 was in Bosnia in early 90's and STILL there are growing radical factions in Bosnia, maybe if us/uk thought about bigger picture then hmm, see so many posts about war on terror an such where it start what going on ect, but that another thread.

Kappyyappy, see what your sayin m8 about other regimes, Putin, Russian pres is a sly creeping git with his more and more state control, North Korea same as, China with its one baby rule even have to pay the privalige to drive there lol, then theres the right honorable Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe plus the all the shit from neighbouring countries of Iraq, lol that would take up some bandwidth
greets

pacman

Last edited by pacman VKC (2005-12-11 18:30:50)

Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6857
i doubt anyone here has the rhetorical wherewithall to put up a defense.
saddam did have one good thing going for him, in that his regime was much more secular than the his neighbors. he was a politician and not an islamic fundamentalist.

as for the war with iran, i don't think that was unprovoked. even if the long standing border disputes between iran and iraq weren't there, saddam had the backing of the US. that probably played a significant role in his decision to attack.

and all this hubbub over chemical weapons.... what difference is it what kind of weapon it was? he could have killed them all by stabbing, they would have been no less dead.

i'd do more on the defense but i'm not following the trial closely enough to be able to do that.
pacman VKC
+0|6754
"saddam did have one good thing going for him, in that his regime was much more secular than the his neighbors. he was a politician and not an islamic fundamentalist."

yeps, but that was his downfall

"even if the long standing border disputes between iran and iraq weren't there, saddam had the backing of the US. that probably played a significant role in his decision to attack."

yeps, so did Iran

As for defense, lookin up, I  think around 1,100 defense lawyer left the flock, lol didnt think it was that many, guess that isnt inclusive of those murdered.

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/dulut … 158431.htm

Would be very interested to hear his defense.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6857

pacman VKC wrote:

"saddam did have one good thing going for him, in that his regime was much more secular than the his neighbors. he was a politician and not an islamic fundamentalist."

yeps, but that was his downfall
why is that?
Erkut.hv
+124|6772|California
He has another thing going for him. He knew how to keep his people in check. People got uppity, he put them right back down. He is doing what we should be doing. Smacking down muthafajja's who like to blow up shat on the side of the road.

I used to think Saddam should die. I'm thinking now we should play puppet master and let him have his shathole of a country back. Cheaper gas and we can let him do all the dirty work.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6808|AUS, Canberra
he is going down.

they dont have to prove he pulled any triggers or committed any of the crimes himself.

they only have to prove he knew about what was going on and didnt try to stop it or try to bring justice to the people commiting them.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6809|Atlanta, GA USA

AirForce2076 wrote:

If they just put him in jail, there will always be the possibility that his followers will free him and he will try to regain power in Iraq.  They won't let that happen.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6874
When he dies, will he no longer be featured on South Park? that'd suk.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6857
almost all his appearances on south park have involved him being already dead. that shouldn't make any difference.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6681
Kangaroo court.  But I do think he needs to be executed strictly because....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard