Poll

Who use a joistick or mouse-keyboard for flying chopper/plane

joistick39%39% - 63
mouse-keyboard51%51% - 83
other8%8% - 14
Total: 160
*PDXDOCKSIDE(MTL)*
+0|6427
I use a gamepad and mouse.....(SAITEK p880)  (LOgitech mx518)  have always used gamepad   since RTCW   its programable,..........it does take some time to adjust ...fine tune   making a config for,..but once you get everything set..............makes the game so much enjoyable..............)

*warning*   i  run with sensitivity  set in game   chopper   6   yaw 10  picth 10

mouse settings   enable   accelleration   so i can adjust on the fly..................a musty for chopper

game pad ...............custom config  for bf2.........i made myself...........so if anyone needs    feel free to get ahold of me

www.mtlclan.com

[email protected] 

basic  use.........  gamepad     left hand      mouse  right
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6559|USA bitches!
kb&m here. Very good with it and the helo, I doubt I'll ever get a joystick as it would prove to my wife how much of a loser I am.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
I woud use I JS if I still had one.
mUnKi_UnKel
+7|6711|State of Confusion

Jenkinsbball wrote:

kb&m here. Very good with it and the helo, I doubt I'll ever get a joystick as it would prove to my wife how much of a loser I am.
I assume your wife never played on an Atari 2600?  EVERYONE used a joystick back then!  Anyways, I use joystick for heli and jets, but I can't do the lil' bird circling that results in uber amounts of kills.  To anyone who can do that, what do YOU use?

mUnKi
ToiletTrooper
+25|6786|WC
Mouse rules!
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6595|Finland
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6664

mUnKi_UnKel wrote:

Jenkinsbball wrote:

I assume your wife never played on an Atari 2600?  EVERYONE used a joystick back then!  Anyways, I use joystick for heli and jets, but I can't do the lil' bird circling that results in uber amounts of kills.  To anyone who can do that, what do YOU use?

mUnKi
lean left, twist right. Or vice versa.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6705|Vancouver BC Canada

*e6/TheChronic wrote:

i got a joystick for 15 dollars, i got the logitech atk3, its not the best one, but you get your moneys worth, heres mine http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ … NTID=6953, it says its 24, but fo to www.tigerdirect.com, and i bet itll be cheaper
I bought one of those to use with my laptop, and its true you get what you pay for, the extreme 3d pro is much better, plus it has yaw control.
sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6582|Austin , TX
X-52 Flight system by saitek  > all of you!

Not only does it have great throttle response , it self calibrates, it has a whole profile system, more buttons than any other joystick (which means i dont have to touch the keyboard while flying at all, including spotting enemies and using voip) , the profile system allows you to set up macros so if ya want ya can solo pretty easy (i just suck at it)  For instance one button takes me from gunner straight to gunner seat and already onto tv guided, another button fires it (however i do have to use mouse to guide it which i still suck at).
Everytime i fly with keyboard and mouse even since Desert Combat and Vietnam i flop choppers, grab any joystick and i pwn nubs =P
AK5489
+16|6518|US
mouse-keyboard here

most people are surprised when i tell them i dont use a joystick
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6545|Edmonton Alberta
i use a gamepad for helos most of the time unless im solo and using the tv missles then its mouse/keys

and i also fly jets with the gamepad but i just suck ass with the jets ....i can carrier rape and bomb tanks but that doesnt take any real skill...cant dogfight if my life depended on it...and if i do shoot down the other plane then they are a complete noob
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6761|the middle of nowhere

Turnagain Hardcore wrote:

when I fly jet: joystick

when I fly chopper: keyboard anf mouse xD
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6664

sursparxalot wrote:

Not only does it have great throttle response , it self calibrates, it has a whole profile system, more buttons than any other joystick (which means i dont have to touch the keyboard while flying at all, including spotting enemies and using voip) , the profile system allows you to set up macros so if ya want ya can solo pretty easy (i just suck at it)  For instance one button takes me from gunner straight to gunner seat and already onto tv guided, another button fires it (however i do have to use mouse to guide it which i still suck at).
Everytime i fly with keyboard and mouse even since Desert Combat and Vietnam i flop choppers, grab any joystick and i pwn nubs =P
I hate you. I so want that joystick but I just bought a G5 + new PSU and I'm saving up for a widescreen monitor. No cash for that beauty
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6464|USA
All the top heli pilots are keyboard/mouse users that whore USMC on kubra dam just so you know.
e-i-u-benjamin
WoeKoeMakaLaLaLoekieWaWa
+40|6770|The Netherlands
i use joystick for both planes and choppers, works very fine 2 me, i only use mouse + keyboard when i go solofly choppers
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6834|St. Louis, MO
Mouse and keyboard for me.Flight sticks can be murder on the wrist.
Ir0n-M@n
has the greatest stats on earth
+125|6755|Germany
thx for the 100. poll about the joystick-mousekeyboard-decision!!

SEARCH
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6770|San Antonio, Texas

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Keyboard+keyboard.
oldgoat
Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive
+5|6528
i use the keyboard ony because it is easier than the mouse and used to play a flying game windows 1912 style. the controls are easier because i am used to them more than steering wiht a crappy mouse and switching weapons with another hand and accidentally hitting bail all the time doesnt work well
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6840|Grapevine, TX

sursparxalot wrote:

Not only does it have great throttle response , it self calibrates, it has a whole profile system, more buttons than any other joystick (which means i don't have to touch the keyboard while flying at all, including spotting enemies and using voip) , the profile system allows you to set up macros so if ya want ya can solo pretty easy (i just suck at it)  For instance one button takes me from gunner straight to gunner seat and already onto TV guided, another button fires it (however i do have to use mouse to guide it which i still suck at).
Every time i fly with keyboard and mouse even since Desert Combat and Vietnam i flop choppers, grab any joystick and i pwn nubs =P
My Logitec 3D Pro finally came down with the left-pull, mis-calibration problem, so I got the X-52 FTW for an early b-day present! The Logitech was great to learn on but it feels, cheap and didn't last one year!

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I hate you. I so want that joystick but I just bought a G5 + new PSU and I'm saving up for a wide screen monitor. No cash for that beauty
I've been looking at it X-52 since it came out. The internal components don't touch, so it should never wear-out. It took me a year and a dead JS, before I finally broke-down and bought it, but I HIGHLY recommend it. the difference in feedback, no- not force feedback compared to the good-ole' Logitech JS, is like night and day. Whether your a beginner or elite pilot, save your $$, it's so worth it!
SGT.Slayero
+98|6476|Life in a vacuum sucks
i have a keyboard & mouse but i wana joystick 4 flying
CrazeD
+368|6683|Maine
I use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It's lasted almost a year, I think I'm gonna use my 2-year warranty soon. It's starting to get a little worn out.

I can't fly anything with a mouse, it doesn't feel right, and I have no wheres near the response time that I get with a joystick.
MonroStrongrod
+4|6616|Sacramento, California
https://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/animalmother555/th_12228.jpg
Turnagain Hardcore
+13|6449|Norway
I have Logitech Freedom 2.4 https://images.ldlc.com/photos/00/00/23/32/ME0000233213_2.jpg cordless joystick

Last edited by Turnagain Hardcore (2006-10-03 15:05:43)

Brasso
+1,549|6641

Joystick for jets, M&K for choppers.  Null vote.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard