47man
+46|6394|Cali
Sledding, hit a tree and almost broke my neck... hurts when i tilt it left still.

Last edited by 47man (2006-10-02 18:12:06)

ImposedThreat
You Were My Promotion
+24|6635|USA
I've almost died when I was a little kid walking on a frozen lake. There was a thin ice patch that was dark and I didn't know any better but I walked on it and fell through. I was with a couple of friends who tried to pull me out but couldn't. Luckily someone else witnessed it and called the cops. They arrived at the scene pretty fast and pulled me out.

I've also almost died when I got really sick with meningitis. That was not any fun at all. Now I'm deaf in both ears because of that and I now wear the cochlear implant.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6671

BigmacK wrote:

Skruples wrote:

I was in a plane crash. That's probably the closest to death I've ever been, by far.
!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Do tell!
I was in Belize on vacation and bought a ticket from a local air carrier from Belize city to a small island off the coast where I was going to stay. It was getting late, they put me on the last flight out, we took off and flew into a rainstorm. Instead of turning around to land at the towered, lighted, international airport with a huge runway, our pilot decided it would be a good idea to try and land at the nontowered, unlighted, dirt strip, at night, in the middle of a rainstorm. Long story short, the pilot got lost and didn't pay attention to his instruments, we lost altitude until we hit the water at a shallow angle, and then everyone onboard (about 8-9 people) bailed out and we sat on top of the plane for about an hour until some of the locals came and picked us up in boats. Everyone walked away from it with no serious injuries, even a young child who was there with his parents. All in all, we were very, very lucky.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6479|Daytona Beach, FL

Skruples wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

Skruples wrote:

I was in a plane crash. That's probably the closest to death I've ever been, by far.

Do tell!
I was in Belize on vacation and bought a ticket from a local air carrier from Belize city to a small island off the coast where I was going to stay. It was getting late, they put me on the last flight out, we took off and flew into a rainstorm. Instead of turning around to land at the towered, lighted, international airport with a huge runway, our pilot decided it would be a good idea to try and land at the nontowered, unlighted, dirt strip, at night, in the middle of a rainstorm. Long story short, the pilot got lost and didn't pay attention to his instruments, we lost altitude until we hit the water at a shallow angle, and then everyone onboard (about 8-9 people) bailed out and we sat on top of the plane for about an hour until some of the locals came and picked us up in boats. Everyone walked away from it with no serious injuries, even a young child who was there with his parents. All in all, we were very, very lucky.
Wow. What a noob pilot, I hope he got his license revoked permanently. Any pilot with half a brain would've realized that tryin to land at a dirt strip in IFR conditions would be hazardous. Well at least no one was hurt, and that's what counts.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6721|Chicago.

Skruples wrote:

BigmacK wrote:

Skruples wrote:

Do tell!
Wow, thats quite a story.

I know it might not be the most appropriate comment, but that story owns mine.
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6589|inside the recesses of your...

ImposedThreat wrote:

I've almost died when I was a little kid walking on a frozen lake. There was a thin ice patch that was dark and I didn't know any better but I walked on it and fell through. I was with a couple of friends who tried to pull me out but couldn't. Luckily someone else witnessed it and called the cops. They arrived at the scene pretty fast and pulled me out.

I've also almost died when I got really sick with meningitis. That was not any fun at all. Now I'm deaf in both ears because of that and I now wear the cochlear implant.
Wow.  I admire you very much, Imposed.  My daughter was born with many complications and was also deaf.  She got her cochliar implant when she was about 14 months old...she only weighed about 14 lbs too.  She was the smallest child the doctor  had ever operated on.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ
I died when I was twelve,  I was in a bike race in the summer time, got heat stroke road to the side and cracked my skull open on the curb. Was dead for about 2 mins I belive(Don't really know wasn't alive at the time) and woke up in the hospital with my mom freaking out above me.. It was real embarrasing it was in front of a girl that I had a crush on house and I pee'd and pooped myself. Needless to say I never got with her.. ha
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ

Cougar wrote:

I had sex with a latina chick once who had just gotten her nails done.

I'm lucky to be here.
You never had sex..
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
Well, first time was when I was about 5 I was in vermont, and I was on a bridge overlooking a gorge...needless to say I almost fell down what looked like 30 stories.

Second time, I was on this slide with karts type thing in Vermont again when I was like 9 called the Alpine Slide...I was going fast and not breaking when I flipped and smashed my head on the concrete, almost snapping my spinal cord.
Master*
Banned
+416|6465|United States

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

I had sex with a latina chick once who had just gotten her nails done.

I'm lucky to be here.
You never had sex..
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6589|inside the recesses of your...

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I died when I was twelve,  I was in a bike race in the summer time, got heat stroke road to the side and cracked my skull open on the curb. Was dead for about 2 mins I belive(Don't really know wasn't alive at the time) and woke up in the hospital with my mom freaking out above me.. It was real embarrasing it was in front of a girl that I had a crush on house and I pee'd and pooped myself. Needless to say I never got with her.. ha
At first I laughed and then I went, "Oh.  He's serious...."
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6596|Gold Coast, Australia
I was talking to my friend while we were walking across an intersection. And the walking sign stopped flashing because the government makes the timer too short and some cars were driving past and my friend pulled me back from hitting a car and most likely getting killed.

He saved my life. 1/2 a second late and i would have been dead.
=MI5=CHRISTIAN
Me Gusta Karma Mucho
+49|6516|Leftern America
my dad put me in a microwave when i was a baby. he didnt like prison too much...
specops10-4
+108|6714|In the hills
I have never "almost died" but I have so many stupid injuries, my friends caution me whenever I think about doing something somewhat dangerous .
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6473|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
I was riding my nice bike when I was 8 yrs old ... And my friend had built this nice Mountain Bike Ramp but the dumb part was it was actually built to get on the high sidewalk ( pavement ). and right after the ramp there was a wall. And we almost did amazing stunts on it and me the dumb _-_911_-_180891 flew right against the nice white wall and broke my arm and when I went to scholl I couldn't write the 4 exams or test ( can't remeber ), cause I'm a right hander ...
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Four times:
1.  born feet first
vehicles
2.  dump truck nearly killed me while waiting in a turn lane.  waiting to pull into a gas station, a van pulls out straight across the oncoming lane and stops, he's positioned facing my left shoulder.  barreling down the oncoming lane is a loaded dump truck.  he pulled into the turn lane to avoid the van and then at the last second, pulled into his oncoming lane around me and on he went.  this all happened within about 7 seconds.  In the moment, i was pissed(angry to our UK friends)  more than anything that this guy in the truck chose to kill me rather than the asshole in the van.

3.  too much fun in a Mercedes 500SL  with cheap tires. spun out on a right turn going around 110mph.  the ass end of the car swept into the oncoming lane right between a semi trailer and Ford f350 super duty.  cuntinued spinning around at least 10 to 12 times.  until it stopped in a grassy ditch.  started the car, rocked it out of the ditch and drove home.  no damage, just liquified grass covering one side of the car.

4.  Quad on the Oregon sand dunes.  nuff said.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ

URE_DED wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

At first I laughed and then I went, "Oh.  He's serious...."
Yeah it's true still funny...
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

i almost rode my bike between a mother blackbear and her cub
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6473|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

Reciprocity wrote:

Four times:
1.  born feet first
vehicles
2.  dump truck nearly killed me while waiting in a turn lane.  waiting to pull into a gas station, a van pulls out straight across the oncoming lane and stops, he's positioned facing my left shoulder.  barreling down the oncoming lane is a loaded dump truck.  he pulled into the turn lane to avoid the van and then at the last second, pulled into his oncoming lane around me and on he went.  this all happened within about 7 seconds.  In the moment, i was pissed(angry to our UK friends)  more than anything that this guy in the truck chose to kill me rather than the asshole in the van.

3.  too much fun in a Mercedes 500SL  with cheap tires. spun out on a right turn going around 110mph.  the ass end of the car swept into the oncoming lane right between a semi trailer and Ford f350 super duty.  cuntinued spinning around at least 10 to 12 times.  until it stopped in a grassy ditch.  started the car, rocked it out of the ditch and drove home.  no damage, just liquified grass covering one side of the car.

4.  Quad on the Oregon sand dunes.  nuff said.
Losser?
ProRacerNorm
+6|6570
When I was 12 I feel out of a tree and landed on cement blocks and thorn bushes. I was about 12 feet up landed strait on my back almost broke neck and back
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA
almost drowned the first time i jumped into a pool too, and when i was in hawaii a few weeks ago i was about a half mile away from shore with my cross country buddies and my calves cramped, and i almost got hit with a surfboard in the head there too, and when we were snorkeling we almost got dashed against some rocks in strong current. keep in mind i'm only 16
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Skruples wrote:

Instead of turning around to land at the towered, lighted, international airport with a huge runway, our pilot decided it would be a good idea to try and land at the nontowered, unlighted, dirt strip, at night, in the middle of a rainstorm.
I have to ask, was this dirt strip directly ahead of you guys, or did he make a turn?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
I nearly got the chop on El Capitan in '96 when some loose blocks shifted on pitch 29.
Almost drowned when I was 15 ( got pulled out of icy water ).
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6690|Las Vegas
Was on jump run for a skydive back in 1996 with 14 other skydivers and 2 pilots.  We were flying VFR along the edge of a cloudbank in a Cessna Queen Air when an L10-11 flying IFR on it's approach into Salt Lake International came banking out of the cloud directly at us.  Our pilot later said he was able to actually see the pilots faces in the airliner cockpit for a moment before we flew under his wing.  They later estimated our closing speed at 700-800 Mph and our closest point to the wing was about 40 feet.  If the airliner had been flying level instead of banking, things probably would not have turned out so well for us. 

The dive our pilot put us in was so steep that everyone behind the cockpit was literally stuck to the ceiling of the plane for a few moments.  I remember trying to push off the cieling and it was like doing pushups.  When he abruptly pulled out of the dive, 14 bodies hit the floor like sacks of potatoes.

I was never so glad to jump out of an airplane in my life.......

Another time was body surfing at the Wedge in California.  I don't really want to talk about that one.
Sl1mx64
+2|6390
a car almost ran me over when i was riding a bike.
he should retake his drivers test or something... hes like over 40 and doesnt know what stop means

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard