N)I(N4077th
+10|6500
i just got a new p.c. I can load and verfily in about a min. But when i get onto a server my ping is like 800. Any suggetions.

p.s I am saving the new internet as a last resort.

Last edited by N)I(N4077th (2006-09-26 14:53:59)

loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6527|Valhalla
Firewall, also check what connection you using on bf2 ie T1 T2, if not that then try rebooting you router for about 5 mins as that will drop connection from you ISP server and give you a fresh ip address

Last edited by loonitic (2006-09-26 14:59:31)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6700|67.222.138.85
Did you update your network drivers for your mobo?
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6642|Washington DC

N)I(N4077th wrote:

i just got a new p.c. I can load and verfily in about a min. But when i get onto a server my ping is like 800. Any suggetions.

p.s I am saving the new internet as a last resort.
This sounds like antivirus software is slowing down your internet connection ... try turning off antivirus and see if this helps.

Oh, and please use descriptive titles when creating a thread ... I've changed your title to be appropriate.
N)I(N4077th
+10|6500
I got AOL and i will have my dad to try some of that stuff.
N)I(N4077th
+10|6500
Updating punkbuster helped.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6458|Life in a vacuum sucks
maybe this will help.    SEARCH!!    or this. ping is how long i takes ur computer to conect to the sever. so find a sever with a lower ping                                             

LOW PING=BETTER GAME PLAY
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6715|Oregon

SGT.Slayero wrote:

to some degree..tho ping has very little to do with lag, or the lag of other players on the server (common myth) however, if you are in a firefight with another player, and your ping is siginificantly better, you wont get that "you killed him but he killed me as well" crap...you'll kill him. unless you have a ping above 200, you are normally fine...but 800 sounds like maybe your downloading something at the same time or something...slower broadband connections will do that...and AOL adds a lot of repetitive firewall/protection crap that will slow down your internet...your OVERALL best bet is to get another ISP, but i understand thats not really an option.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6458|Life in a vacuum sucks

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

SGT.Slayero wrote:

to some degree..tho ping has very little to do with lag, or the lag of other players on the server (common myth) however, if you are in a firefight with another player, and your ping is siginificantly better, you wont get that "you killed him but he killed me as well" crap...you'll kill him. unless you have a ping above 200, you are normally fine...but 800 sounds like maybe your downloading something at the same time or something...slower broadband connections will do that...and AOL adds a lot of repetitive firewall/protection crap that will slow down your internet...your OVERALL best bet is to get another ISP, but i understand thats not really an option.
my normal ping is 14-40 most of the time 19-20 and when my ping is over 100 game play gets ~lagy~
N)I(N4077th
+10|6500
Had to switch the connection to 256kps or betther instead of t1 connection. That helped alot. But i will see if i can do anymroe to help it. Ping still goes up to 200 something(sometimes).

p.s if anybody has a server near orlando, FL tell me. I want to check my ping on it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard