Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6549|San Diego, CA, USA
Nothing changed on my system since 1.30.  I now get random CTD during the round when I would never get a CTD during a round.

Granted when joining a server I may CTD, but once on I would stay on until the server crashed.
1hawaii50
+5|6707

norge wrote:

AMAGAD u spent prolly 3x as much as i did for ur computer, and guess what, i get 100fps at full details! rofl.
AMAGAD I get over 100fps with everything high + AA on high.  For someone who doesn't come here to bitch you sure are doing a good job of it.  If you don't have anything constructive to post, then don't post. NOBODY WANTS/NEEDS YOUR NEGATIVITY.  Now go attempt to bully someone else.
1hawaii50
+5|6707

norge wrote:

uhmmmm, ur rig has everything to do with CTDs, and ur internet has everything to do with losing connection, THINK before you post.

1.4 fixed ctd and most server crashes, servers can still crash, but its hella rare.  Ive only lost connection once, but it was my nets fault. and i knew that. and i didnt come here and whine like all u bitches that must have some fetish to complain.
Sooooo let's see, the game itself has nothing to do with CTD's, it's all your system or your internet.  Then you say that 1.4 fixed MOST server crashes.  If the game doesn't cause server crashes, then how can it fix them?  1.4 fixed CTD, but some servers still crash?

Speaking of THINKING before you post!
1hawaii50
+5|6707
May want to check these threads to see that the crashes are quite a common problem still:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=44461
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=44323
Flyboy63
+8|6705|South Australia
I still get the odd CTD on clicking 'join game' but rarely get the 'problem with your connection' anymore.

I do have a funny feeling though the CTD is sound driver related...
1hawaii50
+5|6707

Flyboy63 wrote:

I still get the odd CTD on clicking 'join game' but rarely get the 'problem with your connection' anymore.

I do have a funny feeling though the CTD is sound driver related...
Why do you think it would be related to the sound driver?  I've CTD when clicking to load a server/map, when trying to enter the game after the map's loaded, and also during the middle of a match.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6756|NH - USA
Could these disconnections be the cause of DDOS attacks? If you don't play with a firewall, or a cheap one, it won't tell you that.
Fujin
+18|6547
It's hard to say exactly what causes CTD...could be a lot of things...hell, could be anything.  I installed the patch when it first came out, no problems...at all.  Last week I was CTDing every few minutes in a 2 hour period...infuriating.  The past couple of days, after about a total of 6 hours of game time (between me and my boys) not a single crash.  Connection issues?  Possibly, but I have cable at 6meg down and 700k up very consistently.  Comp issues?  Possibly, but I'm very religious about testing and maintaining my rigs...everything is tip top.  Maybe that week I wasn't sitting in the chair just right or there was a sun spot...whatever.

BTW 50, nice rig.  Can I have it?

Last edited by Fujin (2006-09-26 13:11:32)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

norge wrote:

either ur net sucks or ur computer sucks or both. now stfu, they fucking fixed it
Yeah kiss my arse, they fixed the CTD but now instead by screen freezes for like half a hour.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX
Same computer, same internet connection, same everything. Only difference 1.3 to 1.4.

Results: Server doesn't crash anymore. However player gets "Problem with Connection" and lag at random times throughout game play. I don't know what happened with the patch but it seriously messed something up. Oh and an update of all drivers again didn't fix it. Nor did systematically turning off all other applications and processes. FUBAR!

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-09-26 22:21:03)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6501|Valley of the Dragons
CTD is still in there. Whenever I switch weapons and press another key at the same time it crashes.
Killet
+0|6658
Yep, I havent been able to play 1.4, because whenever I try to join a server (any server) after 15% the game CTD's...
CC-Marley
+407|6829
Have had a few Connection Problems...but had the 1st CTD...sigh

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard