Ledg
+2|6458|Brisbane, Australia
So its happened to me... just now, after about a week of game play... in the middle of kicking some n00b ass the damn thing crashed. No error message, no warning... just shoot, shoot, shoot.... windows desktop.

F$%king thing!!

-sigh-
Ir0n-M@n
has the greatest stats on earth
+125|6759|Germany
lol!

1 stand for L (in leet speek)
4 stands for A

-> L.A. Crash !!!!!!!!!!!!!
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6713

Windows Desktop was a new map released by DICE in the 1.3 patch, but they only slightly nerfed it in 1.4, that's why only a few people play it every now and then.
Kirokura
+26|6553|Sweden
Use a screenshot from BF2 as your Windows background. Won't stop any crashes but it will help ease the shock when it happens.
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6551|Las Vegas
Crashes happen with every game Bud, Every Game. If you went a week without one, thats pretty good. During 1.3 it was a daily thing.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

Ledg wrote:

So its happened to me... just now, after about a week of game play... in the middle of kicking some n00b ass the damn thing crashed. No error message, no warning... just shoot, shoot, shoot.... windows desktop.

F$%king thing!!

-sigh-
I am with you.  It happened to me last night for the first time since the patch.
midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6544|here
I've yet to crash with 1.4.  I must be lucky or something.  I thought I crashed once, cuz BF2 minimized on me, and I got pissed.  Then I saw that somebody sent me a message on AIM, and I forgot to click the "hide windows" box.  So instead of beating up my computer, I beat up my buddy.  ^.^
gunnaboy
+26|6732

midnitebassist wrote:

I've yet to crash with 1.4.  I must be lucky or something.  I thought I crashed once, cuz BF2 minimized on me, and I got pissed.  Then I saw that somebody sent me a message on AIM, and I forgot to click the "hide windows" box.  So instead of beating up my computer, I beat up my buddy.  ^.^
LOLOLOL  Seen that happen to a friend of mine. Except he realized after he punched and broke his keyboard!!!     
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6550|Forest Lake, Australia

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Windows Desktop was a new map released by DICE in the 1.3 patch, but they only slightly nerfed it in 1.4, that's why only a few people play it every now and then.
You funny son of a bitch...When I get some karma back after 24 hours, I'll send you one your way...
Zedman
+3|6740|NOVA
I can't even launch BF2 anymore. After playing a week or so, it just tried and then crashes completely.
Evans131
+0|6448|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You think you got it bad? BF2 1.4 has frozen on me about 15 times, crashed 5 times and just randomly restarted my comp 3 times now. Its really pissing me off. IO seems to stop all of those though.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6673|WPB, FL. USA
I think Ledg is on to something.  I only occasionally had crashes with 1.3 and knew not to click the "Join" button because you would certainly crash.  However, since 1.4 I'm crashing a couple a times a day.  I can't put my finger on it but It's happened when I re-spawn and when I've switched kits from the dead little Smurfs lying around.  Maybe it's a Smurf bug - cause it's certainly is leaving me blue 

Kaboom.
coolguy204
+0|6440
Hey guys i'm new here can u help me. I just got BF2 Deluxe Edition on September 22,2006 and i've been having crashes. It is not the crash were after 10 min or so keeps crashing.  At the screen where it says its loading, it just keeps loading and loading. And the BF2 number keeps spinning around. I cant do alt,ctrl,delete. I fried my hard drive by turning it off by the button. I really need help. Do i need to install the patch 1.4. if so what order do i do it in. Thanx and reply back to me as quick as you can thanx again.
JG1567JG
+110|6603|United States of America

coolguy204 wrote:

Hey guys i'm new here can u help me. I just got BF2 Deluxe Edition on September 22,2006 and i've been having crashes. It is not the crash were after 10 min or so keeps crashing.  At the screen where it says its loading, it just keeps loading and loading. And the BF2 number keeps spinning around. I cant do alt,ctrl,delete. I fried my hard drive by turning it off by the button. I really need help. Do i need to install the patch 1.4. if so what order do i do it in. Thanx and reply back to me as quick as you can thanx again.
Just download the "1.4 client full" patch, its about 530mb.  Remember where you save it to, the desktop is easiest.  Click on the file (1.4 patch) and run it.  The install shield wizard will start and just follow the directions.  This will patch BF2 and SF.  Once you have installed the patch you can delete the 1.4 patch file.

P.S. I havn't crashed a single time since 1.4.  Server browser still seems a little screwed up though.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2006-09-24 09:36:30)

Stags
+26|6671
If you try to make everyone happy, everyone will hate you.

There will always be problems, games will crash.  Try running less processes in the background.  Complaining about the problems all the time is just stupid, it's life move on and live it.
Cerberus666
+4|6569
Yeh the server browser's still f****d.

I got more 0 ping 0 player yet still 'full' servers than ever. And if u accidentally type anything in the sort box and then clear it u never get any servers, so i keep having to restart. But i haven't CTD'd since 1.3

Mind you, my old PC was so screwed i havent played much since 1.3 anyway -   5 - 15 fps min detail and it Windows Desktop was my fav map XD
coolguy204
+0|6440
do i install BF2 first or the patch first.
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6721|Alaska
its annoying as fuck here too, lastnight after 2 something hours of gameplay i had 3 crashes
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6677|Groningen, The Netherlands

Kirokura wrote:

Use a screenshot from BF2 as your Windows background. Won't stop any crashes but it will help ease the shock when it happens.
rofl
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6590
crashes just mean bf2 is working properly.
Viller-Valle
Svensk Tiger
+15|6442|Sweden

Cerberus666 wrote:

Yeh the server browser's still f****d.

I got more 0 ping 0 player yet still 'full' servers than ever. And if u accidentally type anything in the sort box and then clear it u never get any servers, so i keep having to restart. But i haven't CTD'd since 1.3
If you press enter after clearing the box it will search again.

Last edited by Viller-Valle (2006-09-24 16:36:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard