idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6728|Debris From Space
Hello,

I've just installed BF2 after not playing it for months. I'm all patched up and ready to go. But whenever I connect to a server, it loads up fine. i join a squad, then boom! I'm kicked off the server. Then punkbuster displays a message saying: "you do not have the proper O/S privilages"

Does anybody know what this means. Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks!

EDIT: This has happened to me on 5 different servers. Just to point that out.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2006-08-02 15:29:01)

Madhadda1
+270|6545|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
it has happened to me before but only once it should go away dont worry about it

but im not sure about 5 severs... i sure hope it goes away.

Last edited by Madhadda1 (2006-08-02 15:30:31)

idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
thanks... i'm away for 2 days for someone's wedding. it should be alright as you say on saturday then.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6487|Melbourne

If not go to www.evenbalance.com and do a manual punkbuster update, sounds like your version of PB is older the the servers and the server is refusing to update yours.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
oh, doesn't the patch update punkbuster then?
TheOriginalUberN00b
+16|6486|Hereford,AZ. USA
click on the bf2 icon on your desktop and go to properties and the compatilibilty and then run as admin or run with and select your o/s and that should work
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6487|Melbourne

Nar the patch unfogently doesnt update PB (it shuld damn DICE and EA) but if you are having trouble try it it might just work.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
i'll try that too.
pennangton
From Israel with love
+7|6736|Israel
Heres the link to do it manually http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads … bsetup.exe . Simply run the program and install it, then select Battlefield 2 as a game and click check for updates.

This is the page where the link is from : http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

https://img344.imageshack.us/img344/5310/pbty4.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited by pennangton (2006-08-02 18:46:27)

cheppi
+9|6519|Forest Green Rovers
i've got same problem im trying to download link but cannot connect to host? what should i do

ps not good with computers
cheppi
+9|6519|Forest Green Rovers
anyone going to help??\
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6639|Olympus Mons, Mars

idiotofwar wrote:

Hello,

I've just installed BF2 after not playing it for months. I'm all patched up and ready to go. But whenever I connect to a server, it loads up fine. i join a squad, then boom! I'm kicked off the server. Then punkbuster displays a message saying: "you do not have the proper O/S privilages"

Thanks!

SEARCH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen billions of topics about punkbuster!!!!!!!!!!!!
EIUBENJAMIN
+0|6655

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

idiotofwar wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

SEARCH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen billions of topics about punkbuster!!!!!!!!!!!!
rootbeer73
+24|6586|in a small dark place

EIUBENJAMIN wrote:

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

idiotofwar wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

CC-Marley
+407|6829

rootbeer73 wrote:

EIUBENJAMIN wrote:

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
You need to be an adminstrator on the windows account where you are playing BF2.

Last edited by m3thod (2011-08-15 10:38:09)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard