usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

Maybe it is just me, but I find myself being more effective when being by myself instead of being in a squad.  I love the teamwork and movement that goes along with being in a squad.  After a week of testing, I found that I almost get twice as many kills and half the deaths being a lone wolf.  What the hell am I doing wrong?
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6534|Winterpeg, Canada
I get a better k/d ratio by my self, if i'm in a squad I focus on reviving and healing everyone else so they get good scores. So usually my squad consists of the top 10 players of the round.
SiL3nC31133
+4|6731
it depends on what you are trying to do... lonewolfs get higher points but the team players usually get the win... a matter of personal opinion...
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6631|Montreal, Qc, Canada
squad is good but you have to be whit good peeps in a the squad not some nobs that go everywhere and do shitty stuff.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6594
in a squadn sumtimes u shoot sumone, then one of your members finishes it off, gaining u 1 point in damage assit. If no squad members, ud get 2 for killing him urslef
Kuban_Khaos
+2|6615|Menifee, Ca, 92584
What you need to do is find yourself a real team/group that play together all the time. A lot of player do not like to create a squad just to make a squad they use the squad leader position just to call supply or vehical drops and people just join squads for a quick spawn. When have you ever seen and  the members of a squad work together.

I have been in one before but they hit the same map all the time they consist of moslty medics and heal each other while watch each others backs. In the team the squad leader would hover 300 feet over an enemy base with the transport heli and let his squad members spawn on the heli and jump down to the flag to capture it. thats a team that sticks together.

Now on the other hand the squads that dont work together would jsut run into the open and get you spotted and killed. So being a lonewolf you watch your but and dont have other players shooting enemies and giving away your position.
Wolfren
+6|6656|USA
I was a lonewolf for the first half of my play time(<stupid) thinking that the higher score would help the team. But I have found that sometimes its more important to move in a group to rip apart enemy strongholds giving you control of the map, then you worry about points when the enemy gets you to a choke point, bridge-hill- whatever. So now I think squads are the way to go but being used to the lonewolf ways I still like doing things my way so I just play a squad leader unless someone is better at it then I then I dont mind getting some points as medic or support. So in the end I think Squads are better if you members listen and you have good leader, and you will get less points but more wins.(with sometimes being able to make up the pts in the stand off battles)

Last edited by Wolfren (2006-09-12 20:21:57)

san4
The Mas
+311|6680|NYC, a place to live
The difference in enjoyment, for me, is that I am decisive as a lone wolf--I make plans and carry them out. If I think I should go somewhere to cap a flag or kill an enemy, I go, and I succeed or fail on my own decisions.  In contrast, making plans and acting on them is much more cumbersome in a squad. You can't act on your hunches or judgments unless you can get five squadmates to follow you. Or you leave them and go lone wolf [/wolf howling noise].

Other thoughts:

- Fewer kills are guaranteed when you're in a squad because your squadmates kill many of the enemies you run into. 

- More deaths may happen when you are in a squad because lone wolves can sneak around but squads are noticeable and draw fire.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

a squad of one good person out-benefits 2 squads full of tards
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6816|St. Louis, MO
If you wanna go solo fine.Just create a squad and lock it.That way you can ask the commanders for stuff and hear warnings of incoming artillery.Also, as a squad leader you won't get auto switched.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
i always join a squad when i play. if my squad is good and works great together i will stick with my squad. if they dont, then i stay in the squad and just use the squad leader as a spawn point. its always nice having a spawn point away from flags, but sometimes you get the retarded guy who is nowhere near anything.
specops10-4
+108|6735|In the hills
W/ my experiences, i seem to get mas puntos when im in a  squad.  This is partly because i squad up w/ the right people.  The leader of our clan([xA]).  is all for teamwork, some rounds he will hide for entire rounds.

When im not w/ my  clan I wil join  a good squad n' steal thier kills!
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6500
I tend to be a specops guy and run off on my own as a lone-wolf.  I usually do much better, because most squad leaders aren't really leading very effectively.

Sometimes I'll join a squad thinking that since they are in a clan, that they are probably good - then I spawn at the leader and realize he and his buddies are on top of some building spamming grenades or something cheesy.   

I like being squad leader sometimes when the maps like Kark or Jalala are stagnant in the beginning, and noone can break thru the front lines.  This is when I create a squad and attack the left or right flanks- usually people see this and join my squad- knowing I'm at least trying something different from the other squad leaders. 

The other day on Jalala I had a 6 person squad as U.S., and I led everyone in a charge over the hills to the right, and we broke thru and took the second flag.  After that we took the Hotel, then on to the Mosque.  We had several games in a row where people were scared and couldn't muster the virtual balls to just charge, so the U.S. never got out of their start points.  That's when I decided to just do something- and it worked.  I felt GREAT after that battle, because I made a huge difference just by being a "brave" (virtually, at least) squad leader.

Unfortunately I don't like being a squad leader much, becuase it just gets hectic sometimes.  I feel responsible for all my squad members' fun, so when I decide to be a squad leader, I go all out.
Chikyuu Shoujo Arujuna
+42|6624|Norway
squads on public servers are just for people who cant win a 1on1.
those clans that need squads on public are usually noob clans, thinking they are great when they own a public.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6744|Toronto, ON
I lonewolf when the other team sucks.

Otherwise, I usually make a locked squad with the name "Hacks Only" because it seems to piss off server admins and other players.

The only time I ever join a squad is if I join the game late and I want to spawn in a convenient place.  Then as soon as I spawn, I leave it and create "Hacks Only" locked squad.
Alpha as fuck.
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6644|Spokane, Washington

I usually join a squad only for the use of the leader spawn, that is if the squad leader isnt a complete dumbass.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6666|Houston, Texas
it sounds like you need to stop standing so close to your teammates when you are doing squadwork. if they see one of you they will see the rest.
niomosy
+26|6682
It depends on the squad.  There are times when I'm racking up points because I'm in a squad (Medic, Support or just lots of stuff to kill and someone to keep me alive).  I'll usually join a squad and hop in with them at times and do my own thing at other if I'd rather be doing something else.

If it's one or the other, I usually do better solo than with a squad but a good squad is a very valuable thing.
Jainus
+30|6569|Herts, UK

Chikyuu Shoujo Arujuna wrote:

squads on public servers are just for people who cant win a 1on1.
those clans that need squads on public are usually noob clans, thinking they are great when they own a public.
Mmmm right.... and have you been an idiot long or is this a new calling for you? If, and its a mighty if, you get a decent squad leader and one other member that sticks together a squad will slaughter lone wolves.

I normally play BF with a few people through xfire so we always have a squad of at least 3, normally 4. We're not the best players by any stretch of the imagination but we do work well together and as a result can do a lot more damage around the map.

5 lone wolves banded under the name "alpha" does not make a squad. A squad consists of people who can anticipate their squad mates moves and as a result move to a position to cover them. The number of times I've seen a lone wolf squad get to a flag and then all sit around it, only to get eaten alive by a tank/sniper/other squad is obscene. A good squad will leave 2 to cap the flag, and the others will clear the surrounding area and spot the incoming tanks so the rest don't get fucked.

Furthermore, lone wolves take the kit they want and thats it which is fine. No problems with at all. But a proper squad member will look at what kits they already have and bring something to complement those kits. Having a squad of medics or spec ops is not going to be as good as 2 medics, 1 spec ops, 1 support, 1 assault and 1 AT (for example).

If you want to play lone wolf, go for it but until you play in a proper squad you'll never know what your missing. If one lone wolf can sneak, then any squad with half a brain between them can also sneak about. Too many people assume that as a squad you have to open up at the first enemy you see rather than waiting for a better opportunity.

My scores don't usually suffer that much whether i stick with the squad or not but one think you might like to consider is that kills are all well and good. They make you feel great about yourself and your "uber skillz man", but its flags and good teamwork that will win the round and isn't that the point of the game? To win?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637
yeah I use to play lone wolf a lot when I first game, then I switched to the squads which I like more , if you dont like the squad you are in you can always join a new one.
sparrowpisuke
Fractalman
+27|6438|Barcelona
At last, i'm usually a squad leader. Sometimes, the only member of the squad is me and i play like a lonewolfe, but if someone joins my squad i change the gameplay style and look for the squad benefit.
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6702|austria
im a squadplayer! first round alpha is mine! almost no time as lonewolf!
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6529|Search Whore killing fields
Lone wolfs better, I dont have to spawn onto the dumbass squad leader standing infront of pkm fire

Last edited by DirtyMexican (2006-09-13 02:18:33)

twiistaaa
+87|6661|mexico

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

in a squadn sumtimes u shoot sumone, then one of your members finishes it off, gaining u 1 point in damage assit. If no squad members, ud get 2 for killing him urslef
but if they kill you no one gets any points, and if your mate happened to be medic he can revive you to.
ssonrats
+221|6637

DirtyMexican wrote:

Lone wolfs better, I dont have to spawn onto the dumbass squad leader standing infront of pkm fire

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard