Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6754|Toronto, ON
So why do people keep insisting on the secureness of firefox VS internet explorer?

I'll tell you why, just so they can act like they know something.

In my 13 years of computing experience, i have NEVER heard of ANYONE getting their security compromised while using IE.  To use firefox simply because of its "oh look I am computer 1337 cuz I use0r the firef0x" spells NOOB.

IE 7 has TABS, far better spyware protection, ActiveX support, better STANDARDS COMPLIANCE (For all the fuckwads that believe in standards as if it even matters), LESS VULNERABILITIES (You heard that bitches, recent tests according to ZDNET, ARSTECHNICA have shown that IE 7 has LESS security holes than Firedumbfox 1.5).  WAY faster updates (Microsofts monthly critical updates VS Firefox's 6 month release updates, FUCKING OWNED YES).

Open Source = failure to begin with.  Even after 20 years, the UNIX kernel hasn't taken off as the industry standard.  People are STILL using Windows 2000 (More than XP).  Open Source = Messy, Closed Source = More attention to the code because the developers actually get paid.  Give me 1 example where an OPEN SOURCE piece of software actually became a dominant success in its field, THOUGHT SO.
The only thing I can even think of that is remotely successful is the UNIX kernel running those mindless time-slicing benchmarks on SPARC systems (I'm pretty sure you people don't even know what I'm talking about, which justifies my claims even more).

So to the people who like firefox in place of IE,  justify your stupid reason for doing so please so I can laugh because I know for a fact you can't.

Microsoft supporter, and fucking proud of it.
Alpha as fuck.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
k
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6625|Camp XRay

someone must have been teabagged by firefox this morning..i use both but i prefer safari
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

I can run IE inside of firefox. So I guess I use them both. I am not a MS hater neither I am running on Vista rc1 now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6754|Toronto, ON
Safari is ok too, but it uses the IE emulation engine SDK.  So IE still > Firefox.
Alpha as fuck.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6754|Toronto, ON
Sorry, I was wrong, I'm thinking of something else.  I know nothing about Safari.
Alpha as fuck.
Microwave
_
+515|6657|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
People like to be different.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

What's so amazing about tabs? FF has been doing that since it first came out?

Anyway, Opera FTW!
kimaera
+2|6454|Auburn,AL
I gladly use Microsoft programs for free.

Monthly critical updates? sounds like there are a few holes that need to be patched up every month. If it ain't broke dont fix it. Just because IE is updated every month instead of every 6 months like firefox dooesn't mean its better.

How long was firefox using TABS before IE even started using them?

I dont trust the spyware protection of either of them so I use other programs for that.

I also prefer Firefox over IE in that it doesnt look/feel/seem as bloated as IE
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6648
I can't comment on IE7 vs Firefox 2.0, but I know that Firefox 1.5 is vastly superior (in terms of CSS support,  sercurity, and speed) than IE6.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-09-11 12:08:04)

jonsimon
+224|6497
But firefox is open source. Theres tons of shit out there to customize your browsing experience to your personal tastes. You can even make it look just like IE if you want. Besides, open source isnt really meant to beat out the mainstream corporate oligopolies/monopolies. Just to be as succesful as possible while providing the kind of service and freedom that many coders think their IP should have.

P.S. You forgot to add Prick and proud of it.

Last edited by jonsimon (2006-09-11 12:12:59)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6521|Πάϊ
So Nyte, how much do you get paid to advertise IE ? Bill is that you??
ƒ³
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6442|Canada
Hey, you can't get kick ass themes using IE
xXGamingBugXx
+30|6545
IE 7 is lame, its copied FF with its tabbed browsing
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
I prefere Ie,until i came on this site i haden't even heard of FF,i can't be assed downloading it.

Besides,i like to be in majority's.
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6584|Eastern USA

xXGamingBugXx wrote:

IE 7 is lame, its copied FF with its tabbed browsing

JoeFriday wrote:

Hey, you can't get kick ass themes using IE
Thread starter, do you have a link that says IE has better protection than FF? Linky? If not, then I'll stick with FF because of its ORIGINALITY.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6735|Oslo, Norway
K, opera won, again!
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

WilhelmSissener wrote:

K, opera won, again!
Who won?
SgtSpoon
+6|6486
As a programmer who always works on MS platforms and is sick of getting bashed by *nix people who think they are superior ...

Please do get your facts straight. MS bashing is "in" these days, but you're the opposite extreme. In fact, you might be the reason *nix programmers think they are superior. For my sake, i hope they don't see this thread.

Nyte wrote:

In my 13 years of computing experience, i have NEVER heard of ANYONE getting their security compromised while using IE.
This raises some questions about your "computing experience".

Nyte wrote:

IE 7 has TABS
Firefox also borrowed the idea from opera, but firefox had this before IE.

Nyte wrote:

far better spyware protection,
Perhaps, we'll see.

Nyte wrote:

ActiveX support,
Every webmaster with half a brain knows he shouldn't use ActiveX. ActiveX has it's uses, but for public websites its a big mistake.

Nyte wrote:

better STANDARDS COMPLIANCE
MS itself admits that the standards compliance in IE7 is still not what is should be. While it has improved alot over previous versions, MS claims to release new versions rapidly to keep improving standards compliance.

Nyte wrote:

(For all the fuckwads that believe in standards as if it even matters)
That sentence makes me wonder why i'm even replying to this message ...

Nyte wrote:

, LESS VULNERABILITIES (You heard that bitches, recent tests according to ZDNET, ARSTECHNICA have shown that IE 7 has LESS security holes than Firedumbfox 1.5).  WAY faster updates (Microsofts monthly critical updates VS Firefox's 6 month release updates, FUCKING OWNED YES).
So, new software that hasn't even been released to the public has less exploits than something that has been available for a long time? Amazing fact ...

Nyte wrote:

So to the people who like firefox in place of IE,  justify your stupid reason for doing so please so I can laugh because I know for a fact you can't.
Well, i hope you found my reply amusing.

Cheers!

ps : firefox has green back/forward buttons

Last edited by SgtSpoon (2006-09-11 12:54:06)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

SgtSpoon wrote:

Nyte wrote:

ActiveX support,
Every webmaster with half a brain knows he shouldn't use ActiveX. ActiveX has it's uses, but for public websites its a big mistake.
I don't have much of a preference on clients, but on this point I couldn't agree more ...
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

SgtSpoon wrote:

Nyte wrote:

, LESS VULNERABILITIES (You heard that bitches, recent tests according to ZDNET, ARSTECHNICA have shown that IE 7 has LESS security holes than Firedumbfox 1.5).  WAY faster updates (Microsofts monthly critical updates VS Firefox's 6 month release updates, FUCKING OWNED YES).
So, new software that hasn't even been released to the public has less exploits than something that has been available for a long time? Amazing fact ...
I was going to say that, but then I thought it may have been released and I didn't know about it. I thought to myself, surely even Nyte would not be stupid enough to compare something that hasn't been released yet, to something that has been out for ages?

However, no doubt this is another of his ways to attempt to get a rise out of people.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic
IE7 looks nice, and I hope it turns out to be top notch, but for now, Firefox seems safer and more customizable to me
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6655
ms fanboy
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6622|Mhz

I'm still in shock that Nyte apologised for being wrong.... this must be a first surely?
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6586|England
13 years... wow. Did you spend all that time looking for funny pics on the web?

Nyte wrote:

IE 7 has TABS, far better spyware protection, ActiveX support,
Ahem, as Sgt Spoon said, Active X = bad. These allow the programe to take control of your browser - nothing to be proud of, which is why firefox doesnt support Active X, making is safer.

Nyte wrote:

WAY faster updates (Microsofts monthly critical updates
I think youre thinking of microsoft updates NOT specific IE updates. Also, didnt you think there are less FF updates becuase there are LESS PROBLEMS to fix?

Nyte wrote:

Give me 1 example where an OPEN SOURCE piece of software actually became a dominant success in its field, THOUGHT SO.
Okey dokey. Anyone who half knows what a good server should be will know to run it on linux. Also the gimp is up there in freeware graphics market.

Might wana rethink your argument...

Owned?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard