Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6449|United States
I'm just thankful I have a game to play. See I see the bigger picture unlike many. Hell i'm fortunate that I had the money to buy a gameing rig period. So im happy with the games I have. Through thick and thin i'm just glad my system can even play them. I'm not terribly rich and my system is decent, so just being able to play Bf2 period makes me happy.

Last edited by Teflon.DEP (2006-09-05 18:31:08)

ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6718|Las Vegas
Someday we will all look back at the time and energy we put into BF2 and realize what a pathetic waste it all was.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6733|Singapore

jkohlc wrote:

i'll appreciate if the thread starter post all the mirrors for the download site (aus/europe/etc.) on the first post to help the folks who have terrible speeds
What sg isp are u using?
J=MAN
+25|6657|OZ
First round I played online after installing 1.4: CTD mid-game. First time ever. Looks like they've upgraded the server crash.
dislexiclawyer
+11|6443|Missouri
I haven't had any problems with the patch yet. The only thing I am disapointed with was in the original 1.4 description the blackhawk was supposed to have 8 seats and have better armor, but it didn't happen. Also in the earlier renders and even on the chopper badge the Blackhawk has missile pods, why can't they be added? Oh and I have killed about 4 people and been killed once with a vehicle since I installed the patch. So it still works.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6474|Foothills of S. Carolina

Only problem I noticed was that they still havent fixed the refresh favorites problem, but I suppose I can live with that.
MoChief
+67|6601

fierce wrote:

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

I just downloaded the incremental patch and all of a sudden, I can't even open the game. I never had problems with 1.3 and all of a sudden this patch makes everything so much worse.
Could be the user who forgot the rename the file bf2.exe back to bf2.exe...
Uh.. that would be me too.  Now I get CTD when I start BF2.  Sheeit.

Do I need a complete reinstall of BF2 now or can I download full patch and fix?

Yikes.
souljar
+8|6484|Liverpool U.K
You fucking clowns have done it proper this time !

I cant even be arsed listing all the things i hate about this patch but i think i would rather put up with the million and one bugs 1.3 had.

To all you you fucking nubby wankers that got it changed into the shitty game it has become, suck my balls fagots !
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6704|Central Valley,California
I quit playing QUITE a long time ago. RIP Old and good BF2.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6764|Toronto Canada
someone get this guy a beer. or an ak
FriiginChomper
+41|6701
yea the origional battlefield was the best.
i dont play much anymore either. i still need to download 1.4
i dont know if i will now because of what souljar said : /
Defiance
+438|6670

Rest in Pieces BF2.
ubedead
+0|6672
Is it me?or did they nerf the tanks??1shot kill from at/not tow...wtf
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6492

Defiance wrote:

Rest in Pieces BF2.
Yup, RIP.
El-Gorko
+1|6712|California
The complaints a lot of you guys have are ridiculous and make you all sound 13.  This patch isn't any worse than 1.3, granted it's not a complete fix but at least the server disconnect doesn't happen every other round now.  As far as C4 tossing and the prone delay--those are good fixes.  People that use macros need to get a life and the ability to toss C4 isn't all that important if you're skilled.  Grow up kiddos and quit complaining about a game because it's just that, A GAME.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6492
For...fuck...sakes.

How many times do I have to tell people you do NOT NEED A MACRO!
PBG-CANCER
+0|6755

Penetrator_01 wrote:

1.4... Gay as a window.

And I'm still at work, so not even started download, I just know its gonna be red-tag-tastic, with jets that destroy entire battalions in one shot of a pea-shooter, CTD will be fixed though, instead you can have "Crash To Blue Screen" (or CTBS for short).
(
Played about 4 hours, this is what I've found so far:

Well, the crash to blue screen is a fact.  After about an hour of playing, I went to hit disconnect.  As soon as I did, I got my first BSOD/CTBS (Blue Screen Of Death) since I built this computer a year ago.

The performance decreased (lots of glitchy glitchy with sights going up and down on thier own, cant switch weopons, gun not wanting to shoot, etc.)

More than half the players get disconned at the same time, randomly, and for no reason.  Happened twice in a server I was in, nearly emptying out the server.

Did not see any nametag problems.
Fujin
+18|6545
^^hmmm...sounds more like a server issue than a patch issue...played for a while this evening and haven't had any problems.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6819
yet another tip of the balance toward vehicles. it's funny how they nerf this and that but leave the vehicles mostly alone. make it harder for infantry to c4 tanks. make infantry less mobile so that they're easier to kill from an APC.

is there any more solid proof that BF2 is all about the vehicles?

don't ever call anyone a "xxxx-whore" ever again.
pndragon26
+23|6685
Jesus, upgrade your computers or software, it's friggin' windows- crashes are the norm with any program-Microsoft sucks-other than that I have yet to have ANY problems that a restart of the OS didn't fix (other than a few occasional bugs, which -yes exist EA/Dice are not blameless), if something is wrong its most likely something YOU did or Your computer has issues. All patches load and work fine, server crashes do happen, Hey,it may actually be the server, you may lose connections because of cable or weather!! Bunch of friggin cry babbies, buy a book and learn a bit about your computer chances are some routine maintenance  or proper drivers would help.
I'm a mac user (who is use to software/OS that works) with a good up to date PC and even I can figure it out. Buy (not torrents) good software/hardware and keep it up to date or be left behind.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

YAY ! Download patch. Install patch. Start game. Log In. Press anything in BFHQ. Crash to windows. Try again. Same shit. Try again. Again same shit. Lose temper.

Pfft...

We'll see what happens when I re-install the game and the full blown 1.4... My car in the parkinglot prolly gets in a black hole vortex made Vorlons and dissapears... Now go ahead and try explain that to the insurance company. Just in case: anybody wanna buy a -97 Golf GTi ?
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6756|Hell, p.o box 666

complain: CTDs
Harmonics
A stabbing fatality
+22|6502
It seems to me that EA/Dice have fucked up more now than they did with the 1.3.

They really know how to lose a fan base.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6653
SERVER CRASH STILL EXISTS!

Just been playing on a Infantry Only 32 player Jalabad server, 2 server crashes in 2 consecutive rounds.
pwned7
+53|6578

Doggehspike wrote:

Defiance wrote:

Rest in Pieces BF2.
Yup, RIP.
havnt played 1.4 yet, but by the sounds of it (they are saying that there are less crashes and no more noob dolphin divers) i'de say that BF@ has just risen from its grave, to give the skillful players a go

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard