The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6596
Why the hell do you get a new skin SCAR 11 in UK, but in US/Canada, you get to have an all new weapon that cant be unlocked by ranking up.

https://bf2142.com/content/images/3/32/BOFORS.jpg

The Bofors Defence machine gun is an exclusive reward for pre-ordering Battlefield 2142™ from Best Buy in North America or Future Shop in Canada. As Battlefield gamers can attest, unlocks are one of the most appealing aspects of the franchise - it's all about getting the points you need to unlock all of the best weapons. However, no amount of points will ever get you this weapon, so if you haven't pre-ordered yet, find out more here www.bestbuy.com.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
WTF, so now I have to preorder from EB and Best Buy?
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6596
I dont really care, except for the fact this weapon cant be unlocked in-game or so they say in the message i quoted, which pisses me off cause it's only for US and Canadian residents.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6686
Err.... Now that's just odd.... Another way for EA to make money? And I'm guessing that this "Bofors defense machine gun" is just a skin, with no different stats than a standard rifle for one of the sides. Although, like I said, it could be a way for EA to make $, I doubt that they would go through the trouble to make a whole new gun just for best buy....
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531
I think it's a just a new skin, but they're trying to make it sound more appealing.  I must say, I'm sorely tempted.  I hate the look of the SCAR 11.
penguin.killer
+75|6450
oh oh oh, Bofors its a weapon factory here in Sweden.
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6596

-MP-Nuke1266 wrote:

Err.... Now that's just odd.... Another way for EA to make money? And I'm guessing that this "Bofors defense machine gun" is just a skin, with no different stats than a standard rifle for one of the sides. Although, like I said, it could be a way for EA to make $, I doubt that they would go through the trouble to make a whole new gun just for best buy....
Maybe, but then again, maybe EA will soon make you buy this thing so that you can get the SCAR 11 skin and this gun as well. Probably a booster pack thing.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6686
Unfortunately, I think that you are correct, my friend
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6514|Sverige (SWE)

penguin.killer wrote:

oh oh oh, Bofors its a weapon factory here in Sweden.
an perhaps in the future we can export whiteout problems.....
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6561|Your attic
The lengths that EA go to make money now astound me.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6514|Sverige (SWE)

The1_Knightmare wrote:

-MP-Nuke1266 wrote:

Maybe, but then again, maybe EA will soon make you buy this thing so that you can get the SCAR 11 skin and this gun as well. Probably a booster pack thing.
when the game is ute on the market they will fuck you over whit expansion's and patches so is just to wait....
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6745|EUR
Its just a skin
GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA
its just a skin most likely but its a cinda cool skin
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6710

The1_Knightmare wrote:

Why the hell do you get a new skin SCAR 11 in UK, but in US/Canada, you get to have an all new weapon that cant be unlocked by ranking up.

http://bf2142.com/content/images/3/32/BOFORS.jpg

The Bofors Defence machine gun is an exclusive reward for pre-ordering Battlefield 2142™ from Best Buy in North America or Future Shop in Canada. As Battlefield gamers can attest, unlocks are one of the most appealing aspects of the franchise - it's all about getting the points you need to unlock all of the best weapons. However, no amount of points will ever get you this weapon, so if you haven't pre-ordered yet, find out more here www.bestbuy.com.
You can get it from here in the UK.
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/pro … _-_dvd_rom

Last edited by paranoid101 (2006-09-04 11:27:21)

[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6716

Soon EA will start selling you stats direct for cash.

Three Star General US $1200 {BUY NOW}
Four Star General US $1500 {BUY NOW}

Or worse:

10 Bullets For Ranked Play $1
50 Bullets $2
100 Bullets $3

3 Grenades $5
4 Explosive Packs $15

etc...

EDIT:
I expect a letter of offer to hire me to EA management any day now...

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2006-09-04 11:52:19)

Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6545|federal way washington
before i get pissed at a scam, er, obvious scam, how good is this rifle?
doc. josh
+48|6515
ill just get it from my friend who pre orderd it. log in on his pc and blam i got that sweet gun

Last edited by doc. josh (2006-09-04 15:45:03)

staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6705|Houston, TX
Yea, it is just a skin and a sound effect. There is a similar promo in europe. Different gun.
Gigaflynn
+0|6342|Zion
guys! can i actually get a pic of the bofors, in game, like so i can see what it is!!!
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6662|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Man, I opened this and thought you were talking about this:

https://www.mapsairmuseum.org/images/Bofors%202%2050.jpg

My bad.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6731|Internet!
Bad thread revival! Bad, bad!

Just look around dude, there's plenty of pictures of it. It's giant and takes up a quarter of your screen, but the scope is pretty good. That being said, the SCAR 11 is the most useless of the four assault rifles, so...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard