Poll

Are you going to play Recon just for the Active Camo?

Yes24%24% - 21
No43%43% - 37
Abit of both32%32% - 28
Total: 86
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6488|UK
I was thinking last night, how many people have expressed their views on how much they can't wait to get the active camo. This is only possible if they are the Recon class. With so many people wanting the active camo and therefore playing Recon, are there enough of you out there who don't really mind the active camo, just want to play Recon (not necessarily for the active camo), or prefer playing other classes?

I think it would kinda suck having loads of Recon players running about.

Last edited by [[[@lph@]]]_Templar (2006-08-25 02:32:04)

Diray
+13|6493|København, Danmark
Since Delta Force(1), I've always been playing as a sniper - so it's a natural choice for me. The camo is just an added bonus.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6778|The United Center
Yes.  I knife people in the face.

Also, you're not 100% invisible.  If you run, it's easy to spot.  If you get close to someone, you're easy to spot.  You can't shoot or switch weapons while invisible either.  So, it has its drawbacks...its not ridiculously overpowered like everyone seems to think it is.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6578|Doncaster, UK
Engineer appeals to me more than Recon although I guess I'll have to play the beta to make a positive decision.

I'll let you know after tonight.
starman7
+15|6756
I'd have to play it to be sure, but I'll probably go with Assault or Engy.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

considering how many noobs there are, it will be nerfed. but i do enjoy using cloak to knife 35 people inside a titan.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6837|Portland, OR, USA

Active camo is the only reason I'll ever touch the sniper kit, except MAYBE for C7.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6738|67.222.138.85
And so the complaining about the useless snipers in 2142 begins.

Last edited by Flaming_Maniac (2006-08-25 05:45:21)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

And so the complaining about the useless snipers in 2142 begins. :rollseyes:
snipers = useless
carbines, however = useful

long live the right tier unlocks!
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6684

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Yes.  I knife people in the face.

Also, you're not 100% invisible.  If you run, it's easy to spot.  If you get close to someone, you're easy to spot.  You can't shoot or switch weapons while invisible either.  So, it has its drawbacks...its not ridiculously overpowered like everyone seems to think it is.
IMO tanks should get thermal vision to be able to see camo'd soldiers. as I mentioned in my other thread the camo should be able to slightly adjust its temperature to the environment to retain some concealment. If you stand still it fades in a lot, but if you move you show up all red.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
SEMPER
+4|6491
2142 is gonna be shit i hope u know that
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6684

SEMPER wrote:

2142 is gonna be shit i hope u know that
Let the beta testers speak while you go play with your lego, k?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
SoiCowboy
+2|6634
Probably to run around getting dogtags ninja stylee.

I'll stick with being a medic though.
Ryker
+13|6535
I read that Support will have normal support so ressuply and LMG but will also include Medic clss with bandages and paddles AND enginner and another thing is that it will have a little flying machine gun that shoots any enemy that gets to close so your'll be covered from both angles.  If that is right then most people will use it since you an get ammo points, revivrs and heal points, repair points, have the best gun and protection.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6792
They said that about 8 months ago. Try looking at the stickies in these forums.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6680|Hong Kong
My BF specialty is sniping so I'm just continuing the habit.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6562
Sniper rifle is a bit useless in BF2142 right about now because it sways and you need 2 shots to kill someone its not like 85% dmg its only 50%. I once picked up the carbine which I really liked to thats the unlock that im going for now.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6721|Tampa Bay Florida
The carbine is the most appealing to me, then the sniper rifle/explosives/camo are all just nice additions
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6742
labert carbine (rcon unlcok) OWNS im like ranked like teh number onez0rs with it.

And active camo owns, although it dosnt make you completly invisible so dont be suprised if you get pwnt.

But since all the fileplanet nubs got the beta i have turned mysettings on low its easier to spot the file planet idiots that thinks it makes them invisible and god i love knifing people who are using it.

the: OMG HAX

the follows in the chat afterwards is priceless
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6488|UK

Jam3z wrote:

Fileplanet subscription....around $5, Knifing someone who think theyre invisible......priceless.
the.ub3r
+0|6487|California
recon has demo paks.

Last edited by the.ub3r (2006-08-25 14:29:06)

Blindbasher
+25|6580

[[[@lph@]]]_Templar wrote:

Jam3z wrote:

Fileplanet subscription....around $5, Knifing someone who think theyre invisible......priceless.
nice line lmao
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6782|Chicago.
I won't. Many people will.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6555|the Netherlands
saber66
+12|6487
ill prolly play assault adn recon, with maybe a little support...and maybe ill touch engineer if i feel like it

but i think taht recon will be like 50-70% of players when game releases

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard