jhoo8116
+0|6736|Seattle
I was playing Warlord... and the skirmish brought me into the palace on the north end of the map.

I was running around as a medic, and people coming in, along the corridors or in the stairways, were kicking my ass with the nade-launcher. I'd get one or two hits on the guy with my rifle but I'd then be blown away; every single time I got killed in there, I got killed by the nade launcher.

I never seriously used the nade-launcher before, but I thought... well~ since everyone's using it.

It was fun. CQB with the nade-launcher. I now understand the nickname: "noob-tube"; well deserved. With it, I worked my ratio (for that round) back up to positive, and earned like 8 grenade launcher kills... my first 8, towards the last minutes of the map.

In open maps, the nade-launcher would be less effective to inexperienced users... However, in CQBs like, aforementioned, and maps like Iron Gator, I fear that... soon everyone's gonna be whoring it; whether one's an advocate(of the tube) or a reactionary convert, CQB is gonna go down the shitter.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6791|Great Brown North
i try to use my dao in close quarters, i detest using the nade launcher as a main weapon instead of a last resort or against cars and trucks
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6774

M117 in CQC ownz your n00b t00b
Mr.Maverick.MDK
+5|6768
The term "Noob-tuber" really refers to ass hats that have no skill with a real assault weapon such as a rifle or pistol and have to walk around with the missile launcher everywhere they go and use it as their primary weapon.  When an enemy is encountered especially in close quarter they just blast at the ground in front of you no matter how close you are and try to kill you with the missile launcher praying that the splash damage will kill you since they have no skill and can't use normal weapons to actually kill someone.  I despise true "Noob-tubers" and take pleasure in killing them after they shot their missile at me and then are helpless as they reload and I pump them full of lead with my G3.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6785|NRW,Germany
Fortunately there is no nade launcher on Iron Gator *phew*
wensleydale8
+81|6780|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
im not really that accurate with my wepons (just check my stats) on warlord i was playing medic i spent my mag trying to kill someone i very nearly killed him so i had to switch to my pistol 14 shots later he was dead.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6771
All I use the "noob-toob" for is vehicles. A grenade in a jeep kills everyone inside, and they're great for finishing off APCs or helis.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6793|The Hague, Holland

Talon wrote:

All I use the "noob-toob" for is vehicles. A grenade in a jeep kills everyone inside, and they're great for finishing off APCs or helis.
Im sticking with him. Damn right.
Bwspecial
+2|6833

Talon wrote:

But they are great for every type of encounter except extremly close combat. Why would I waste 10 or more rounds trying to kill you alone, when I could drop one nade and kill you and any friends you got hanging around. Noob or not, I am trying to kill everyone I see as quiclky as possible. You be retarded if you didn't use the best weapon in the game. I have an over 60% accuracy with it vs. under 20 with most other weapons.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6785|NRW,Germany

Bwspecial wrote:

You be retarded if you didn't use the best weapon in the game. I have an over 60% accuracy with it vs. under 20 with most other weapons.
It´s just like the BFG in DOOM. If you miss the first shot and are unable to get behind a good cover during your reload, you´re dead Sir.
Rakasan
+7|6848|California, USA
I usually bust out with the tube, to make up for some cheap tube deaths (north flag of warlord).  After that, I usually go back to "regular" weaponry.

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-11-30 18:25:38)

SilentBob
Silent but deadly...
+1|6827|Nellis AFB (Las Vegas, NV)
I don't see anything wrong with using the nade launchers. On the other hand, those that ONLY use the nade launch need to go play single player for a while and learn some skill.
snipen_u
+0|6735
the best time to use the "noob tube" (i prefer the term 'cheap mortor') is after u shoot someone with the rifle, wait for their medic to come by, revive 'em then nade the both of them for more points!
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6807|Barrington, RI
the only real time I use the n00b tube is when I'm up against a transport that wants to kill me, or if there is a badly damaged APC in range.
jhoo8116
+0|6736|Seattle
What happened was sorta like this:

After I changed my class to Assault, I made my way towards the stairwell. A teammate just got blown out of it... and as shown on the frag-report, by a nade-launcher. I change my weapon to the nade-launcher, and rushed into the stairwell.

I went it, shot a nade, and got 3 kills. All 3 of them were on the stairway landing between level 2 and 3. Nomatter where the nade hit in that confined space (wall, floor, whatever), they're toast. 2 outta three were assault class.

If I had used the DAO, I'd probably get wasted by one of them.

I went on dashing through the corridors and stairwells to waste a few more along the way.

I am not contending the moral 'rightness' of using the nade-launcher. I've been reading lots about the noob-tube without knowing exactly why. Now I do. Without too much prior experience, one can rake in a lot of kills in the correct circumstance. That aside, I am suggesting that the nade-launcher is very effective if you are holding or clearing the stairwells.
McCullough
+7|6849
It's no shame at all to use use the grenade launcher. It's a great weapon. You guys says that it's only n00bs with no skills that "Whores" the "nade-launcher" to rack up kills, so what? It's part of the game.
SargeX_au
+29|6763
I rarely get killed by grenade launchers in open spaces now, only getting killed when next to a wall. The trick is to dolphin dive forward while shooting at them, sometimes diving straight at their chest. 90% of the time this works as they shoot past u or don't do enough damage.
Badcomp
+2|6799|U.S.
I'm not the best tuber but I'm not the worst either. I get sick of all of the pissing and moaning when people complain about being killed by it. I think they are fun and can be life savers.

I am one of those people who will wait for the medic to revive the guy I just killed and then get 2 more kills cause the medic was too dumb to look around first and not be aware of his surroundings.

They are great againt the lighter jeeps. 1 nade, 3 kills. If you hit a humvee just right you can get a good 3 kills too or if it is a little damaged 4 kills, if it is full.

Great for killing hovering trasport choppers as you can kill just about half the squad in the chopper with a well placed shot or bring down the whole bird. I love it when you see them bail out of a smoking chopper then hit it with one more nade and the explosion or the wreckage kills them anyway.

It's easier to survive the 203 if you are in the open on a level area. If you are against walls, running up the side of a hill or anywhere below a 203....you might as well consider yourself dead. Not my fault I caught you there.

Nice tube stats SargeX_au!!!
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6763
I dont like the n00b t00b word. If someone killed you with GL it doesnt mean that hes a noob. Sure reloading GL after you missed and combine it with  bunny hoppin' is kinda noobish and weak. But it makes me laugh, because usually guy who is doing that wont get a second chance. Well termin of n00b t00b in SF is less powerful. I'm not a t00ber, but I found myself in using GL more often when SF came out. If you are on the roof its much easier to frag someone with GL. + Assault has the hook, so you almost all the time on heights. Sure I still see ppl who just running around with GL. But they wont live long in SF if they will not swith back on their assault rifle instead of bunny hoppin and reloading, because of long GL reloading time and big mass of infantry around. And if you see the tuber and he is hopping , just run towards him and stay as close as possible to him. So he will blow you and himself up (LoL, thats stupid) or he will try to keep some distance for shot. While hes trying to gain some distance he will die, because you can easy shot in his face even without a good aim. I've done it many times and it works fine. Sure if this is not a former tuber, he will just swith on his assault rifle, and then we will see.....+ it works in CQC only because if you killed by someone from a long distance its hard to call your enemy a t00ber.
My advice is to care less about it. I got killed by GL many times and I dont rly bother. Even a master t00ber cant get a higher score than a person who uses his rifle first, and GL second.

GL HF.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2005-12-01 10:11:37)

[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6761|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
I've come to love the noob-toob, but as a distance weapon and against crowds. I'm still not very good, but I have begun to rack up serious kills on occasion.

Luvs me the 50m nade rain that brings 2-5 kills on a smokin' hummer. :-)
eatmywheaties
+2|6769
people who are so concerned with getting killed by the m203/gp's usually put themselves in an easy shot position.

keep your location low key, or go around spaces where you think you would miss somebody using it.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6763

eatmywheaties wrote:

people who are so concerned with getting killed by the m203/gp's usually put themselves in an easy shot position.

keep your location low key, or go around spaces where you think you would miss somebody using it.
Bad position huh? You just running towards the corner and this thing pop-ups, jumps back and blows your brains out. Bad position? Nooo... I guess its just a wrong place and wrong time lol.
jools
+-1|6819|a galaxy far, far away....
The noob-tube, or noob-cannon, only gets really pesky when used as 'panic button'. Which is, 99% of the times.
nzjafa
+2|6776
i don't use them as a regular weapon because i dont find it very fun, it sort of detracts from the gameplay i think. however it can be a really useful weapon. today i played bf2 and i used it to shoot through a window to hit a sniper who wouldnt let me get a shot at him. i also lobbed one up a hill to kill a machine gunner who was killing a lot of my guys. so it has its uses in some situations but as a regular weapon its stupid
Imp
+0|6732
There is nothing wrong with the launched grenades....except the fact they are used in CQC.  The 203 (and other launched nades) are designed to hit a small group of guys across the road. NOT be a Quake 2 rocket launcher.  And in real life, they aren't used that way...do you know WHY? Minimum range.  They don't blow up close range.  IF EA ever implements that...noob toob problem solved.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard