-EcS-Blade
Mr.Speakman
+153|6610|Manchester UK

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

My name is too long by two characters. Too long for 2142 but fine for BF2?

Retarded.
probably becouse they need all the names to fit on the dog tags when you knife someone.
Someone025
Cooler Member
+31|6483
Yay I Was Waiting For This To Open For So Long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6730|San Antonio, Texas
I hate how it says my name contains "invalid characters"... Stupid website, they should have allowed all the characters that BF2 allowed when you create your name...
mattajohnstone
+15|6758
lol i managed to get the name BLACKJESUS
0akleaves
+183|6583|Newcastle UK

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

Retarded.
Use MonkeySlayer and add evil as your prefix
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6745|EUR

stonehand wrote:

Page loaded quickly for me..  Signed up with no prob!!! 
Same. I am now Behenaut.
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6479|Minnesota eh
WOOOT

Mr.Casual is now the Ang3l-of-De4th
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6685|USA
Mine worked like a champ!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

I'm in the beta, and regged an account, so now I can't use it for the name I want. Sadness
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6681|Groningen / Netherlands

chuyskywalker wrote:

I'm in the beta, and regged an account, so now I can't use it for the name I want. Sadness
poor chuy, now you have a rubbish name in 2142???
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6744|Hamburg, Germany

RonnY[NL] wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

poor chuy, now you have a rubbish name in 2142???
Try special characters
TriggerHappy|Matty
+1|6428|UK
Hey nice find, TriggerHappy|Matty wouldn't fit or be allowed in the in the damn account name box for bf2142 ...ahh well, u'll be seeing Marksman_Matt on the battlefield within the future instead!

...btw 1st post. woop! =P
imortal
+240|6635|Austin, TX
Sign up now for veteran status!  http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefie … teran.aspx
Get your anme reserved now!

***Edit:  okay, not the first to find the link, I suppose, but I think the link should be reposted about every page to make it easier to find.***

Last edited by imortal (2006-08-24 10:37:12)

RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6681|Groningen / Netherlands

imortal wrote:

Sign up now for veteran status!  http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefie … teran.aspx
Get your anme reserved now!
like read the first post this has been posted before.........

Last edited by RonnY[NL] (2006-08-24 10:38:05)

Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

I bet once 2142 comes out, people who haven't used the veterans program can you [ and ] and be able to have longer names.
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6653|England and damn proud
Yea W00t

rustynutz is mine!!
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6516
Ok, where is my BF2 taunt? And 14 characters only is bull. Is this veteran status thing an omen or what...
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
I settled for Slay-Them. I suppose I'll just have two accounts.. I wanted a dogtag collector anyhow.
JohnClark
+5|6556|Groningen-The Top of Holland
Yes, I got a real response from EA Tech Support

Julius A.
EA Tech Support wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with The Battlefield 2142 game. We know that you are having a hard time to get the Veterans program working and we do apologize for the inconveniences it has caused you.

If you are not able to reserve a nickname or are getting errors such as 'The screen name you have entered already exists in our database' and/or 'Please correct the error and try again', there are a number of steps you can take to improve your chances of reserving a nickname.

■ Make sure your nickname does not exceed 14 characters as this is the limit for the length of nicknames in Battlefield 2142.  Do not include your clan tag in your reserved name (you can add this to your nickname once you are in the game) as this may push your nickname over the character limit.
■ You name must consist of alphanumeric characters.
■ The name you register cannot start with a number or symbol, it must be an alphabetic character.
■ You must have at least 4 characters.
■ Your name can only use underscores ( _ ) or dashes ( - ).
■ The name cannot start nor end with a space.
■ You cannot use doublespaces in the name.
■ If the web site is receiving high traffic, you may want to try again at a later time to ensure your request goes through.
■ If you have tried your nickname at different times without success, your nickname may have already been reserved by another character.  You can reserve a different nickname and you will still receive your Veteran Status even if you nickname does not match your Battlefield 2 nickname.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Thanks!
Julius A.
EA Tech Support
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6516|Doncaster, UK
So the whole point of the veteran program was to reserve your nickname so lamers couldn't squat it (or so EA said) and now they're saying that the reason you can't get your desired name is that someone else may have already reserved it. WTF.

It's bad enough having to shorten stuff to 14 characters, but when you can't carry on your name that just blows.

Anyhoo, managed to register DrFruitloop so there'll be many dogtags flying around with that on, and registered a second account of sum_coont for later shenanigans
JohnClark
+5|6556|Groningen-The Top of Holland
They should have given this info before we registered! Shouldn't they?
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6622

TheMackumSlayer wrote:

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

Retarded.
Use MonkeySlayer and add evil as your prefix
"BF2 Soldier Name already used by another player".

Fuckers.

EDIT: Just tried my alternate name that I sometimes use. That's taken too. I call BS, that's a pretty rare name. I think their DB server is messed up. You know what it is Mackum, mentioned it to you when you were thinking up new names to use.
EDIT2: Well, signed up with EvilApeKiller, nowhere near as good as my original name though. Stupid EA.

Last edited by EvilMonkeySlayer (2006-08-25 03:19:46)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

chuyskywalker wrote:

hell knows I am going to play the beta with a different account and name than the one I have registered for the full game. beta accounts are going to be wiped once the game goes gold anyway, so who cares ?

less than 40 days remaining. As usual, EA is on a tight schedule
SamuraiDogg
+2|6587|Germany | Nationality Turkish
So is the email and password automaticly the same as in bf2???
SoiCowboy
+2|6573
It keeps saying my BF2 password is wrong.

Brilliant.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard