Poll

Steam or EA?

STEAM W()()+, steam is 1337!66%66% - 70
Ea Ftw!21%21% - 23
Wtf Is Steam?12%12% - 13
Total: 106
JaMrulezass
+47|6474|Hong Kong
ok i wish for this topic to be VERY HUGE!!! Of course, the inspiration came from another thread, so post ure opinions! for me its STEAM FTW! I ahve HL1 and 2 and have dl'ed almost all the good mods, how bout u and just a sidenote: STEAM RELEASES LESS BUGGY AND MORE POPULATED GAMES, exactly opposite of what dice/ea has produced
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6530
I was never big on half life.
Lt.Smurf
+5|6704|North Germany

JaMrulezass wrote:

ok i wish for this topic to be VERY HUGE!!! Of course, the inspiration came from another thread, so post ure opinions! for me its STEAM FTW! I ahve HL1 and 2 and have dl'ed almost all the good mods, how bout u and just a sidenote: STEAM RELEASES LESS BUGGY AND MORE POPULATED GAMES, exactly opposite of what dice/ea has produced
same with me...
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6704|Howell, Mi USA
gotta go with Steam

Don't know, i just like it better.....

Hl2 and Episode one don't crash when u play them
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm sure this will be a close result and i really can't see who is going to win at this point...

Team S ,rearranged!
JaMrulezass
+47|6474|Hong Kong
I smeelll sarcasm...
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

Steam
Because Steam has an amazing Customer support and real good Downloading system.
EA fails
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6740|Beerville, USA
With an above average system STEAM by far, but with my old system which was just average it was a resource hog and took forever to login, update, and get into a game....

So I'm torn and didn't vote either way..
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6540
STEAM hsa come a long way since its release. I remember it used to do all kinds of wierd stuff when it came out but now its totally awesome.
Home
Section.80
+447|6857|Seattle, Washington, USA

Steam.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6704|Mountains of West Virginia

zimmer92 wrote:

Steam
Because Steam has an amazing Customer support and real good Downloading system.
EA fails
DeadFin
Who are we to argue with Taller Ghost Walt?
+27|6673|Finland
Steam :L
dalexa
+4|6615|portugal
hmmm... let me see one thing...

steam is owned by valve, right? right...
valve is owned by electronic arts, right? right...

then... steam is owned by electronic arts...

guys... you'll start to see rushed games coming out, like episode one, from them... and they will have the same quality as those released from ea... and that is... crap...
ea wants one thing... profit... nothing more than that... an if that means rushing buggy games out... they will do it...
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6540
Since when is valve owned by electronic arts? EA is the distributor of their retail stuff but no EA does not own Valve.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6729|California

ShadowFoX wrote:

Since when is valve owned by electronic arts? EA is the distributor of their retail stuff but no EA does not own Valve.
a couple of years now

i like steam, automaticly patching games, updates, media
good games *cough*
Crispin
+13|6487|Amarillo Tx
The real question is Gabe newell for prez!?

STEAM ALL THE WAY.
darkcrystal
First Aid! Here!
+12|6697
you fools.  steam has been out for four years.  give ANY application this much time and it will be virtually bug free (oh wait, the source sdk is still buggy )
Crispin
+13|6487|Amarillo Tx

darkcrystal wrote:

you fools.  steam has been out for four years.  give ANY application this much time and it will be virtually bug free (oh wait, the source sdk is still buggy )
I agree the net code is a little screwed up, but then again Gman runs it all, hell i'm even sure Gman runs EA/DICE.
DocZ
+13|6697|Belgium
steam had a bit of a bumpy start, but now it kicks EA's ass 7 days a weeks....  BTW HL2 kicks more ass then BF2......
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

Steam.
Much better customer support. Constant fixes for ALL of its game. New games being released. Easy interface. Up-2-date news and features from the developers every week.
And you dont have to go to their website to download patches - they are done automatically via steam.
Also, the HL2 engine - god damn, that things good. Some games are good, others suck. But you can also get all the mods into it, and of course, GMod ftw!!

Last edited by Snake (2006-08-22 13:27:27)

dalexa
+4|6615|portugal

DocZ wrote:

steam had a bit of a bumpy start, but now it kicks EA's ass 7 days a weeks....  BTW HL2 kicks more ass then BF2......
again... all of those are from EA... well... maybe dice is the one to blame for our problems... well... moh was full of glitches on the corners... players just disapear on the window corners...
me and my sniper were shooting at those glitches from time to time and i always got some guys there...
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6540
EA games just distributes HL2 retail like Vivendi did before the whole thing went down. EA Games has no say in Valve because Gabe Newell and Doug Lombardi run the show. I dont think a single person from EA is in VALVe
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6567|Oslo, Norway
Voted steam, never had any CDT problems while playing CS or DOD! But BF2 is a much better game though!
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6720|Sweden
imo they are´nt comparable steam has everything ea has.... can´t come up with anything..
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6719|austria
hl sucks also steam does! loads tons of updates and wtf ever.... everyone is complaining about some BF patches and in CSS? almost every startup some *updates*....
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard