Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6752|Singapore
Just like jets are the 'gods' of bf2, are the titans that powerful?
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6824|Portland, OR, USA

You can't just fly them around like a jet...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
APortillo
+21|6531|California, USA
Ya but couldn't you just park it over some place of strategic importance and have everyone jump in the turrent things and wipe out the enemy?
imortal
+240|6683|Austin, TX
Did anyone notice that the gunners stations opened right out onto the deck the invading guys are supposed to land on?  Talk about getting 6 easy kills. 

I don't think they are the uber of all.  From what I understand, the commander just directs where it will go.  To actuall fire the weapons on it takes gunners on board.  And, after all, it is suppsed to be powerful; you are trying to blow it up!
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus

APortillo wrote:

Ya but couldn't you just park it over some place of strategic importance and have everyone jump in the turrent things and wipe out the enemy?
Yes, but it takes 4 hours to drive it 10 feet.
diglow~Flow
+32|6645|British Columbia, Canada
im guessing that there mounted weapons would be powerful("God Like")
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6752|Singapore
Ps. i dont have the beta yet so i wouldnt know but when the copy comes out, i would get it.
imortal
+240|6683|Austin, TX

diglow~Flow wrote:

im guessing that there mounted weapons would be powerful("God Like")
I saw a video here before chuy nixed the media forum.  4 ground turrets, shooting a pretty powerful round, like a super tank gun with better splash. About a 4 second recharge time.   2 of the stations were anti air and had essex-style gatlings, but no missiles.  Also, I will restate, the gunner stations are the first thing the enemy will run through when they take out your titans shields and board.  Kind of makes you exposed.  Once the enemy boards your titan, kinda hard to use those new toys.  But I wanna shoot those things off a bit!
manitobapaintballa
+32|6637

imortal wrote:

Did anyone notice that the gunners stations opened right out onto the deck the invading guys are supposed to land on?  Talk about getting 6 easy kills. 

I don't think they are the uber of all.  From what I understand, the commander just directs where it will go.  To actuall fire the weapons on it takes gunners on board.  And, after all, it is suppsed to be powerful; you are trying to blow it up!
dude noone can get into the hanger without glitching and then they can't leave it's happened to me (not intentionally)
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, there are some shields on the Titan that don't go down.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6708|Tampa Bay Florida
I don't see why they couldn't do this with the carriers in BF2
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6754|Houston, TX
You can take out vehicles but it is hard to hit infantry because of the distance, delay, and compensating for the ships motion (if the ship is in motion). Is best to support people capping silos.

Last edited by staticblue (2006-08-19 18:08:09)

Twinn
+3|6549|Milwaukee, WI
plus you cannot kill infantry with the guns only vehicles from my experience anyway. A direct hit to an apc will only do like 40-60% damage anyway.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6729

Twinn wrote:

plus you cannot kill infantry with the guns only vehicles from my experience anyway. A direct hit to an apc will only do like 40-60% damage anyway.
your wrong there my friend you can take infrantry out with those lazer things, it has to be a direct hit though.
Karo6972
Syrup Man
+2|6813

JaM3z wrote:

Twinn wrote:

your wrong there my friend you can take infrantry out with those lazer things, it has to be a direct hit though.
I took out BushViper the other day with it... Direct hit!
BushViper
macro dolphin flipper / fast loading tank whore
+65|6694

Karo6972 wrote:

JaM3z wrote:

Twinn wrote:

I took out BushViper the other day with it... Direct hit!
You Titan whore!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6738|California

you can take them down from the inside in less than 2 minutes.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6729

stryyker wrote:

i have your dog tags bitch.....
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6738|California

JaM3z wrote:

stryyker wrote:

i have your dog tags bitch.....
point being...?
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6556|Internetfitlerland

He's cooler than you?
imortal
+240|6683|Austin, TX

Viper007Bond wrote:

Yeah, there are some shields on the Titan that don't go down.
That sounds like a bug, then.  Do your job, beta tester!

(If I can't do it, I can at least make it sound like an insult, right?)
starman7
+15|6743
The short version
Yes, they are GOD.  But then again, both teams have a god.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard