Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6711|United States
This is for everyone to read regardless of your political affiliation.

I had no idea who General Chong is or the source of these thoughts... So when I received them, I almost deleted them - as well-written as they are. But then I did a "Google search" on the General and found him to be a retired Air Force Surgeon of all things and past Commander of Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio. So he is real, is connected to Veterans affairs, and these are his thoughts. They are worth reading and thinking about (the same Google search will direct you to some of his other thought-provoking writings.)

If you would like information on General Chong, go to Google.com and type in his name (Major General Vernon Chong). All of the following is something that everyone should read.

This WAR is for REAL!

To get out of a difficulty, one usually must go through it. Our country is now facing the most serious threat to its existence, as we know it, that we have faced in your lifetime and mine (which includes WWII).

The deadly seriousness is greatly compounded by the fact that there are very few of us who think we can possibly lose this war and even fewer who realize what losing really means.

First, let's examine a few basics:

1. When did the threat to us start?

Many will say September 11, 2001. The answer as far as the United States is concerned is 1979, 22 years prior to September 2001, with the following attacks on us:

* Iran Embassy Hostages, 1979;
* Beirut, Lebanon Embassy 1983;
* Beirut, Lebanon Marine Barracks 1983;
* Lockerbie, Scotland Pan-Am flight to New York 1988;
* First New York World Trade Center attack 1993;
* Dhahran, Saudi Arabia Khobar Towers Military complex 1996;
* Nairobi, Kenya US Embassy 1998;
* Dares Salaam, Tanzania US Embassy 1998;
* Aden, Yemen USS Cole 2000;
* New York World Trade Center 2001;
* Pentagon 2001.

Note that during the period from 1981 to 2001 there were 7,581 terrorist attacks worldwide).

2. Why were we attacked?

Envy of our position, our success, and our freedoms. The attacks happened during the administrations of Presidents Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2. We cannot fault either the Republicans or Democrats as there were no provocations by any of the presidents or their immediate predecessors, Presidents Ford or Carter.

3. Who were the attackers?

In each case, the attacks on the US were carried out by Muslims.

4. What is the Muslim population of the World?

25%.

5. Isn't the Muslim Religion peaceful?

Hopefully, but that is really not material. There is no doubt that the predominately Christian population of Germany was peaceful, but under the dictatorial leadership of Hitler (who was also Christian), that made no difference. You either went along with the administration or you were eliminated. There were 5 to 6 million Christians killed by the Nazis for political reasons (including 7,000 Polish priests). (see http://www.nazis.testimony.co.uk/7-a.htm )

Thus, almost the same number of Christians were killed by the Nazis, as the six million holocaust Jews who were killed by them, and we seldom heard of anything other than the Jewish atrocities. Although Hitler kept the world focused on the Jews, he had no hesitancy about killing anyone who got in his way of exterminating the Jews or of taking over the world - German, Christian or any others.

Same with the Muslim terrorists. They focus the world on the US, but kill all in the way -- their own people or the Spanish, French or anyone else. The point here is that just like the peaceful Germans were of no protection to anyone from the Nazis, no matter how many peaceful Muslims there may be, they are no protection for us from the terrorist Muslim leaders and what they are fanatically bent on doing - - by their own pronouncements--killing all of us "infidels." I don't blame the peaceful Muslims. What would you do if the choice was shut up or die?

6. So who are we at war with?

There is no way we can honestly respond that it is anyone other than the Muslim terrorists. Trying to be politically correct and avoid Verbalizing this conclusion can well be fatal. There is no way to win if you don't clearly recognize and articulate who you are fighting.

So with that background, now to the two major questions:

1. Can we lose this war?

2. What does losing really mean?

If we are to win, we must clearly answer these two pivotal questions.

We can definitely lose this war, and as anomalous as it may sound, the major reason we can lose is that so many of us simply do not fathom the answer to the second question - What does losing mean?

It would appear that a great many of us think that losing the war means hanging our heads, bringing the troops home and going on about our business, like post Vietnam. This is as far from the truth as one can get. What losing really means is:

We would no longer be the premier country in the world. The attacks will not subside, but rather will steadily increase. Remember, they want us dead, not just quiet. If they had just wanted us quiet, they would not have produced an increasing series of attacks against us, over the past 18 years. The plan was clearly, for terrorist to attack us, until we were neutered and submissive to them.

We would of course have no future support from other nations, for fear of reprisals and for the reason that they would see, we are impotent and cannot help them.

They will pick off the other non-Muslim nations, one at a time. It will be increasingly easier for them. They already hold Spain hostage. It doesn't matter whether it was right or wrong for Spain to withdraw its troops from Iraq. Spain did it because the Muslim terrorists bombed their train and told them to withdraw the troops. Anything else they want Spain to do will be done. Spain is finished.

The next will probably be France. Our one hope on France is that they might see the light and realize that if we don't win, they are finished too, in that they can't resist the Muslim terrorists without us. However, it may already be too late for France. France is already 20% Muslim and fading fast!

If we lose the war, our production, income, exports and way of life will all vanish as we know it. After losing, who would trade or deal with us, if they were threatened by the Muslims.

If we can't stop the Muslims, how could anyone else?

The Muslims fully know what is riding on this war, and therefore are completely committed to winning, at any cost. We better know it too and Be likewise committed to winning at any cost.

Why do I go on at such lengths about the results of losing? Simple. Until we recognize the costs of losing, we cannot unite and really put 100% of our thoughts and efforts into winning. And it is going to take that 100% effort to win.

So, how can we lose the war?

Again, the answer is simple. We can lose the war by "imploding." That is, defeating ourselves by refusing to recognize the enemy and their purpose, and really digging in and lending full support to the war effort If we are united, there is no way that we can lose. If we continue to be divided, there is no way that we can win!

Let me give you a few examples of how we simply don't comprehend the life and death seriousness of this situation.

President Bush selects Norman Mineta as Secretary of Transportation. Although all of the terrorist attacks were committed by Muslim men between
17 and 40 years of age, Secretary Mineta refuses to allow profiling. Does that sound like we are taking this thing seriously? This is war! For the duration, we are going to have to give up some of the civil rights we have become accustomed to. We had better be prepared to lose some of our civil rights temporarily or we will most certainly lose all of them permanently.

And don't worry that it is a slippery slope. We gave up plenty of civil rights during WWII, and immediately restored them after the victory and in fact added many more since then.

Do I blame President Bush or President Clinton before him? No, I blame us for blithely assuming we can maintain all of our Political Correctness, and all of our civil rights during this conflict and have a clean, lawful, honorable war. None of those words apply to war. Get them out of your head.

Some have gone so far in their criticism of the war and/or the Administration that it almost seems they would literally like to see us lose. I hasten to add that this isn't because they are disloyal. It is because they just don't recognize what losing means. Nevertheless, that conduct gives the impression to the enemy that we are divided and weakening. It concerns our friends, and it does great damage to our cause.

Of more recent vintage, the uproar fueled by the politicians and media regarding the treatment of some prisoners of war, perhaps exemplifies best what I am saying. We have recently had an issue, involving the treatment of a few Muslim prisoners of war, by a small group of our military police. These are the type prisoners who just a few months ago were throwing their own people off buildings, cutting off their hands, cutting out their tongue and otherwise murdering their own people just for disagreeing with Saddam Hussein.

And just a few years ago these same type prisoners chemically killed
400,000 of their own people for the same reason. They are also the same type enemy fighters, who recently were burning Americans, and dragging their charred corpses through the streets of Iraq.

And still more recently, the same type enemy that was and is providing videos to all news sources internationally, of the beheading of American prisoners they held.

Compare this with some of our press and politicians, who for several days have thought and talked about nothing else but the "humiliating" of some Muslim prisoners -- not burning them, not dragging their charred corpses through the streets, not beheading them, but "humiliating" them. Can this be for real?

The politicians and pundits have even talked of impeachment of the Secretary of Defense. If this doesn't show the complete lack of comprehension and understanding of the seriousness of the enemy we are fighting, the life and death struggle we are in and the disastrous results of losing this war, nothing can.

To bring our country to a virtual political standstill over this prisoner issue makes us look like Nero playing his fiddle as Rome burned--totally oblivious to what is going on in the real world. Neither we, nor any other country, can survive this internal strife. Again I say, this does not mean that some of our politicians or media people are disloyal. It simply means that they are absolutely oblivious to the magnitude, of the situation we are in and into which the Muslim terrorists have been pushing us, for many years.

Remember, the Muslim terrorists stated goal is to kill all infidels! That translates into ALL non-Muslims -- not just in the United States, but throughout the world.

We are the last bastion of defense.

We have been criticized for many years as being 'arrogant.' That charge is valid in at least one respect. We are arrogant in that we believe that we are so good, powerful and smart, that we can win the hearts and minds of all those who attack us, and that with both hands tied behind our back, we can defeat anything bad in the world!

We can't!

If we don't recognize this, our nation as we know it will not survive, and no other free country in the world will survive if we are defeated.

And finally, name any Muslim countries throughout the world that allow freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, equal rights for anyone -- let alone everyone, equal status or any status for women, or that have been productive in one single way that contributes to the good of the world.

This has been a long way of saying that we must be united on this war or we will be equated in the history books to the self-inflicted fall of the Roman Empire. If, that is, the Muslim leaders will allow history books to be written or read.

If we don't win this war right now, keep a close eye on how the Muslims take over France in the next 5 years or less. They will continue to increase the Muslim population of France and continue to encroach little by little, on the established French traditions. The French will be fighting among themselves, over what should or should not be done, which will continue to weaken them and keep them from any united resolve. Doesn't that sound eerily familiar?

Democracies don't have their freedoms taken away from them by some external military force. Instead, they give their freedoms away, politically correct piece by politically correct piece.

And they are giving those freedoms away to those who have shown, worldwide, that they abhor freedom and will not apply it to you or even to themselves, once they are in power.

They have universally shown that when they have taken over, they then start brutally killing each other over who will be the few who control the masses. Will we ever stop hearing from the politically correct, about the "peaceful Muslims"?

I close on a hopeful note, by repeating what I said above. If we are united, there is no way that we can lose. I hope now after the election, the factions in our country will begin to focus on the critical situation we are in, and will unite to save our country. It is your future we are talking about! Do whatever you can to preserve it.

After reading the above, we all must do this not only for ourselves, but our children, our grandchildren, our country and the world.

Whether Democrat or Republican, conservative or liberal and that includes the Politicians and media of our country and the free world!

Please forward this to any you feel may want, or NEED to read it. Our "leaders" in Congress ought to read it, too.

There are those that find fault with our country, but it is obvious to anyone who truly thinks through this, that we must UNITE!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

All I know, is that it's turning into a real fucking quagmire.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX

Tyferra wrote:

All I know, is that it's turning into a real fucking quagmire.
As you put it so causally, what is YOUR definition of a "fucking quagmire"?
j5f5ff
+11|6720
When put that way,  2 questions come to mind

1.  What does it mean to win the war?

2.  Can we win the war? 

Does General Chong offer any opinions on that.  Is it possible that this is something that will never go away like natural disasters or disease.
nzjafa
+2|6736
i speak for most people here, and tyferra will probably agree, that america has already lost the war in iraq.
Joker13641
+0|6728
As a veteran of thjis conflict, I think that it is time to change tactics.  I say, hit them harder and harder untill they don't get up.  People freak out over the casualties, but no one realizes how few we've suffered compared to the enemy, and comparied to previous conflicts.  The situation sucks, but we can't affourd to back out.  In the 80s we came to the aid of Afganastan, then left them hanging, and as a result we ended up with the Talaban.  We can't let that happen in Iraq.
j5f5ff
+11|6720

nzjafa wrote:

i speak for most people here, and tyferra will probably agree, that america has already lost the war in iraq.
there really was no way wi could win that one.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Exactly. What does it mean to win the war. And what to loose as well. If bringing peace to the region, wiping out all terrorist groups and aking sure Iraq has a stable non-corrupt governmet, then yes I do agree with nzjafa in that the US has already lost, or put in other words, will never win.

I, along with many other people, don't even know the war aims of the Iraq war anymore. Initially I thought it was to do a thorough check if Saddam had any "Weapons of Mass Destruction," and as an added bonus, get rid of that prick for good. So, they've found no weapons, they've got rid of Mr. Hussein, they have defeated the Iraqi army, why the Hell are they still there? Because they are still being attacked? Well that's because they are still there.

What the Americans should have done - and unfortunatly it is too late now -  is go in there, get Saddam, check that the weapon situation is okay, but then buy the fucking Iraqi army. It'd be a meer drop in the bucket for the United States' economy, and you'd find a hell of a lot less attacks on troops. Yes unfortunatly there will still be attacks by terrorists, there always will be, but they'll be attacking their own people, which would give them something to think about, and may sway them from doing so. there would be no more attacks because of the call "Americans get out," because they'd be way ahead of all that.

Unfortunatly, now it is too late. The US is stuck there, which is why I call it a Quagmire. Iraq is widely being called the new Vietnam, but I disagree, this is new. Vietnam had open hostility between army and army. Resources had to run out, and one side had to loose once they couldn't maintain. In this war, resources will never run out, the war will just drag on longer. Explosions arn't as big, casualties arn't as high, but the Iraq war will continue for years.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
FeloniousMonk
+0|6705

Joker13641 wrote:

As a veteran of thjis conflict, I think that it is time to change tactics.  I say, hit them harder and harder untill they don't get up.  People freak out over the casualties, but no one realizes how few we've suffered compared to the enemy, and comparied to previous conflicts.  The situation sucks, but we can't affourd to back out.  In the 80s we came to the aid of Afganastan, then left them hanging, and as a result we ended up with the Talaban.  We can't let that happen in Iraq.
I have to agree. I don't understand how people can say that we've lost the war; it surely hasn't gone as planned but we're not retreating or suffering massive casualties. While I still strongly believe that the job in Afghanistan should've been finished before the administration misled us into a another country, I agree that a simple pull out now would do more harm than good. You can't unfry an egg; the war has begun and to simply withdraw would be inviting even more problems.

But tactics certainly need to change. Something is going right if the number of properly trained Iraqi units are still in the single digits after this long.

Also, thank you for your time over there. Glad you're home safe.
Nehil
+3|6701|South Sweden (NOT SWITZERLAND)

FeloniousMonk wrote:

Joker13641 wrote:

I have to agree. I don't understand how people can say that we've lost the war; it surely hasn't gone as planned but we're not retreating or suffering massive casualties. While I still strongly believe that the job in Afghanistan should've been finished before the administration misled us into a another country, I agree that a simple pull out now would do more harm than good. You can't unfry an egg; the war has begun and to simply withdraw would be inviting even more problems.

But tactics certainly need to change. Something is going right if the number of properly trained Iraqi units are still in the single digits after this long.

Also, thank you for your time over there. Glad you're home safe.
Riiiight, no massive casualties? Does 10.000 Iraqi civilians count? Nah probably not. I remember a nice day back some year ago when you were still hunting Saddam and you hadn't reached Baghdad yet. You shot a tomahawk missile into a cafeteria. In the middle of the day. Just becuse Saddam might have been there. Yes, in the middle of a war Saddam would keep drinking his tea. The guy who owned the cafeteria lost his wife,8 kids,mother and other relatives cuse they were having a party. So what do you think this guy would do later in his life, simply rebuild his cafeteria or become a terrorist? What if you instead would drop some money? I mean a missile like that is worth alot. Instead drop $10.000. I think he'd be happy. Thus not becoming a terrorost, wasen't that the whole idea? To stop terrorists? But hey, I'm not here to judge you. KEEP HITTING HARD AND FAST AMERICA, ONE DAY YOU WILL (NOT) WIN!
nzjafa
+2|6736
i checked the casualties for the latest iraq war, approximately 2,000 american lives to approximately 100,000 iqaqi lives. like joker said before, that is quite a difference.

i don't think the government they are trying to set up will hold. some countries just don't function well as a democracy, and i think sometimes america doesn't realise that. i think that the insurgents won't ever really be wiped out. i think that after the coalition has withdrawn, having 'done its job', the country will probably just tear itself apart. i can see it turning into another vietnam-style incident. maybe 'lose' was the wrong word, but i don't ever see any of the coalitions plans for iraq holding up in the long term. the country will just fall to bits once they leave.
alizard
+0|6746
it's sad isn't it... downward spiral into more BS , death and destruction. How is this any different than the history of this planet. Only gets worse as time goes on, technology advances, and population increases. Maybe the problem isn't terroist....... maybe it's the whole damn planet. How much more will the planet take b4 it says "ok, youre all done, you have proven you need not exsist"
sux huh, but I believe it's the only thing possible since people will never unite to solve these problems. It's been proven time and time again throughtout history.
Only real question is .........when?
Sturmvogel
+1|6746

Bert10099 wrote:

we must UNITE!
HA. Yeah, Bush would like that judging from his poll numbers and all. What I will never understand is why we went into Iraq when we "thought" they "MIGHT" have WMD when Iran and North Korea are openly stating that they are going to produce them.
Kniero
Banned
+1|6716|AZ
Just think...if man hadn't the inclination to conjure dellusional belief in the supernatural (i.e. "God/Allah"), no jihadists would exist. Aggressive ignorance is the worst ailment to plague the homo sapien.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
In effort to educate those who read this forum I direct you to this link:

http://www.historyguy.com/wars_of_iraq.html

Enjoy and discuss.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790

Nehil wrote:

Riiiight, no massive casualties? Does 10.000 Iraqi civilians count? Nah probably not. I remember a nice day back some year ago when you were still hunting Saddam and you hadn't reached Baghdad yet. You shot a tomahawk missile into a cafeteria. In the middle of the day. Just becuse Saddam might have been there. Yes, in the middle of a war Saddam would keep drinking his tea. The guy who owned the cafeteria lost his wife,8 kids,mother and other relatives cuse they were having a party. So what do you think this guy would do later in his life, simply rebuild his cafeteria or become a terrorist? What if you instead would drop some money? I mean a missile like that is worth alot. Instead drop $10.000. I think he'd be happy. Thus not becoming a terrorost, wasen't that the whole idea? To stop terrorists? But hey, I'm not here to judge you. KEEP HITTING HARD AND FAST AMERICA, ONE DAY YOU WILL (NOT) WIN!
Whether or not thats actual fact, it doesn't really matter. It's not like the U.S MEANT to kill any innocents. Had their leader surrendered instead of hiding in a fucking hole, there would have been no casualties. But instead, he KNEW this, and infact, prior to the whole war, used civilians and schools and other such things to his advantage because he knew it would make the United States look bad when they had no choice but to destory the targets, inflicting casualites. And your one of those suckers for that kind of attitude.

Unlike our enemy, we don't purposefuly kill innocent people, nor do we treat prisoners the way they treat prisoners. There is a very distinctive difference, use your head you tool.

People these days are loosing the grasp of what war really is. So what if it's the 21st century? So what if we follow the geneva conventions? When your out there IN that war, nothing applies. War is fucking war. And thats all. It's your life or theirs. War will always be war. And you people need to realise that casualties will always exist, especially when people USE innocents as shields.

Let it be known that, that wont stop the United States in reaching its goal. Nothing will. Not negotiations with terrorist, and not human shields. We'll defend our freedoms at any cost. And people who bitch out and back down make me sick.

As a soldier myself, I'm no fan of President Bush or his administration, but he is correct in saying if we back out now, it'll only bring the war home. When they have a safe home in Iraq, that makes it all the more easier to launch attacks on our own civilians, the people we defend.

The reason why we went there to begin with is cloudy, to say the least, but even so, and even if there were negative, hidden intentions by our president or someone else, there is merit in what we do and why we are doing it.

Civilians and the media, and the like have no grasp of what war really is, what it's really like, and what the real frightening concequences will be in the future.

As the General said, we cannot afford to loose, and we cant afford to be ignorant to the real threat that is there. It's not about the induvidual, its about the whole. The big picture.

Step back and look.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6735|Toronto Canada
bert has way to much time on his hands
FoodNipple101
I like grapes.
+1|6728
I got something to say. Unless you were born in the US citizen of US or are a major in US govt and history or know anything intelligent about the muslims. STFU so if your from small ass POS country that we keep going. like switzerland,FRANCE, or any other country STFU ok you know nothing of us nor do you know nothing of them so STFU and take the fact YOU DONT MATTER NOR DOES YOUR OPINION. You cant vote here you cant have an opinion here so shut up. We keep your ass up and running and protect your ass so shut up.
Mustang12
+0|6787|Orlando, FL
Once again foodnipple is a dipshit and cant write sentences worth a damn.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790
Foodnipple, people like you make us decent Americans look bad and very very uneducated. Go back to class now, and don't post here again unless you take some english classes.
FoodNipple101
I like grapes.
+1|6728
Actually no. Im very conservative and I'm very against even being allies with shit ass countries that shouldnt even be here. Like sweden and all them. They dont count nor will they ever. And also mustang its funny everyone in your OWN clan makes fun of you
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6790
What do you know of other countries? Nothing?
FeloniousMonk
+0|6705

Nehil wrote:

I said we haven't suffered massive casualties. Yes, 2100 some odd servicemen and women are casualties but compared to past wars it's a drop in the bucket. Yes, many Iraqi civilians have died, many of them because of the insurgency.

You wanna refresh us on the details of that cafeteria incident? I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Excuse me if I'd rather that guy's family die than my own. Yes it's harsh but that's war, that's nature. We're a violent species, a territorial species, and nothing is going to change that. Without him being taken out of power the world would be an even more unsafe place for many more families. A wise man once said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Nowhere is that more evident than on the battlefield.

War sucks. Once you've been in real combat, once you've had people shooting at you and trying to end your life, once you've killed other men to defend the lives of people you've never met, then you can tell us all how easy it is for you to sidestep around the civilians to make sure not a single innocent gets hurt.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6705

FoodNipple101 wrote:

Im very conservative
Could you elaborate?
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6790

Bert10099 wrote:

2. Why were we attacked?

Envy of our position, our success, and our freedoms. The attacks happened during the administrations of Presidents Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2. We cannot fault either the Republicans or Democrats as there were no provocations by any of the presidents or their immediate predecessors, Presidents Ford or Carter.
pfft, what sort of naive, weak-minded fools does this general chong think we are?

muslims attack the US because of its intrusion into their lands by supporting isreal, and our continuing attempts to gain control over the oil resources. religion and ideology are always used as a brainwashing tool to get people to fight, but it's almost never the true reason for war. it was true during the crusades, WW2, and it sure as hell is still true today.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard