ALTEREDCOURSE
+1|6516
Every post I've read thus far has been about the option of a non-vehicle server setting.

Great. So that means infantry-only servers will really be infantry-only.

But what about the HORRIFYING INFANTRY IMBALANCES RAMPANT in this game?

Everyone knows how to prone-spam. Everyone does it. It makes this game retarded, completely unrealistic, but it is just a game and most of us can live with it and use it to our advantage.

However, prone-spamming with any Support-class weapon totally dominates the game, a simple burst is enough to put anyone down from any range but long and the majority of infantry-only servers will be running smaller maps like Karkand where there will be NO long range.

Meaning, if you play infantry-only servers a lot, like I do, you are either going to have to go Support (or MEC Medic w/ the ultralame random burst headshot AK101) just to finish in the top three.

So this brings up the question:

If the class issues are NOT fixed in 1.4, then what is the point of playing as SpecOps / Sniper / Engineer / Anti-Tank ever? A sprinting pronespamming Support will obviously dominate everything, with Assault and Medics coming in close behind b/c they have one-shot one-kill capability. Thusly, infantry-only servers will be littered with these 3 classes. However, the SpecOps and Sniper take longer to set up killshots (two bursts w/ the carbine for SpecOps, Snipers cannot be effective unless you are camping and they are coming to you instead of vice versa) and the Engineer and Anti-Tank are completely hopeless from medium-long range. Yes, we know you can get wire-guided kills with your SRAW / Eryx, but if I'm pronespamming you w/ Support, you will never get your shots off.

I'm saying this as someone that likes and prefers to play as the SpecOps / Sniper over everything else but constantly I find myself being Support just to win games; its not fun to play, but its fun to win.

I'd rather it be the opposite.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6724|67.222.138.85
Engineer is the only class on there I would consider remotely underpowered, and only as MEC. It's not that hard, everyone who is in the top three just has to have skill.

Oh yeah, and if you don't like that option, don't play on those servers.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6773|United States of America
At least assault won't be the most "worthless" class anymore.  Bring on the imbalance!
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6764|The United Center
Sorry, but last time I checked, prone spamming doesn't make you invincible.  Learn how to aim.
Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6684|Colorado
I eat support kids for breakfast as a sniper... it's not an imbalance it's your ability to adapt, learn, persevere and overcome.  Give it time and you will own support kids with a sniper rifle, etc.  There is no one kit that overpowers another kit (IMO).  Yes some have their advantages at certain distances but why would you fight a sniper as a medic at long range, or why would you face an engineer at close range as a sniper?  It's all in how you take on your oppenont.  Support doesn't own anything... If you can strafe, you will own support. 

The 5 D's dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.  lol
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6586
1. Prone Spamming/Clipping will be done with Patch 1.4. They added a delay when you go from prone to crouch.

2. Learn to aim and use your brain, then you can kill even the worst dolphin diving prone spammer.

3. Engineer underpowered? Everyone who says that shows that he got no skill playing as engineer. With the M11-87 you got by far the best CQC weapon. You do not even need to aim well, to kill with one shot. And if you once face an armored opponent, grab your pistol - hit one shot and he's done.

Every class got it advantages and disadvanteges and if you don't know them, then it's YOUR lack of skill and not of the class.

And now... stop whining.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6861|Reykjavík, Iceland.

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Sorry, but last time I checked, prone spamming doesn't make you invincible.  Learn how to aim.
QFT!
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6540

fierce wrote:

1. Prone Spamming/Clipping will be done with Patch 1.4. They added a delay when you go from prone to crouch.

2. Learn to aim and use your brain, then you can kill even the worst dolphin diving prone spammer.

3. Engineer underpowered? Everyone who says that shows that he got no skill playing as engineer. With the M11-87 you got by far the best CQC weapon. You do not even need to aim well, to kill with one shot. And if you once face an armored opponent, grab your pistol - hit one shot and he's done.

Every class got it advantages and disadvanteges and if you don't know them, then it's YOUR lack of skill and not of the class.

And now... stop whining.
agreed!
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6768|Chicago.
Pwnt.
Ether151
Banned
+22|6677

ThomasMorgan wrote:

What he said, prone spamming by no means makes you invincible I have taken down many support kits, and being an engineer on a karkand inf. only map alows you to own if you know what you doing the pump shot gun is top dog when it comes to close combat especialy in tight spaces like the hall ways in karkand.  Yes at longer ranges it loses some of its effect but you need to play smart, if you wander in to a large open space then your asking for it, use your head and try to plan out there next move before they do.
GuestHead
+2|6637
I don't agree with MEC engineers having a disadvantage.  I find the S12k to be the best semi-auto shotgun in the game by far.  Three quick shots and your target is down even at medium range.   You don't get quite enough ammo, but that won't be a problem since there will be a ton of support guys around.  Reload is the best of any shotgun as well. 
I'm really glad to hear the flippers and floppers will be dealt with in this patch.  If that works it will definitely seperate the good players from the cheap ones. 
I'm looking forward to this infantry only mode.  Even AT players will be useful if they go with the smgs.  Their rockets are good at taking out people you can't get a direct shot at.   The spash damage is all it takes sometimes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard