!=PR=!julva1
+0|6491|Riverview, FL
Hey all,

I've met all the requirements for promotion to 1st Sergeant but it hasn't happened.  I have over 28,000 points, all the basic and a number of expert and veteran badges, and multiple awards and ribbons.  I looked up the requirements you have posted on this site and I have met and exceeded most of them.  Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or what am I not doing.

Thank you
Madhadda1
+270|6552|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
what version are you playing on

post your stats please

Last edited by Madhadda1 (2006-07-28 18:37:53)

!=PR=!julva1
+0|6491|Riverview, FL
I'm playing the latest 1.3

and how do I post my stats please I'm new to this forum business
Madhadda1
+270|6552|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
what is your name in bf2 thats all i need
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6705

Onces you rank to Master Gunnery Sgt. you cannot rank to first sergeant, you missed your chance.
NuShadow
Captain Fantastic
+24|6490|woodbridge, VA

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Onces you rank to Master Gunnery Sgt. you cannot rank to first sergeant, you missed your chance.
Not master gunnery, just master, but yea the same idea. you need the badges before you get the points
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6705

NuShadow wrote:

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Not master gunnery, just master, but yea the same idea. you need the badges before you get the points
I didn't feel like looking it up, but yes, and I meant "once"
eagles1106
+269|6590|Marlton, New Jersey.
i just looked at your stats, you missed your chance by not getting the badges before the global score reqs....
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6649|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
jeez..

It is also worth noting that the upper ranks are not progressive. You will only earn one rank per point bracket. If you make it to Master Sergeant without the awards, you will not be promoted to First upon earning the missing awards.

source: http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php
!=PR=!julva1
+0|6491|Riverview, FL
So now what???  I have to make the points for the next higher Rank????
badgerarse
+0|6490
I'm having a similar problem. My score is 5004, and each time I play the game says i'm promted yet when I get back to bfhq in the menus no promotion????

play another server, same again says I've been promoted get back to the main menu no promotion WTF?

I'm running version 1.3

my user id is 68058351
username BaDgErSaRsE:UK

any ideas folks
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6572|UK
play longer next time
badgerarse
+0|6490
Ignor my last post as soon as i posted and went back on bf2, you guessed it, promotion happened. typical!
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6747

badgerarse wrote:

Ignor my last post as soon as i posted and went back on bf2, you guessed it, promotion happened. typical!
you could have just edited it.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6656|Washington DC

!=PR=!julva1 wrote:

So now what???  I have to make the points for the next higher Rank????
Yes, you have to get 23,000 points to get to the next rank level (assuming you still have 27,000 points).  BTW, you would not have gotten two additional unlocks had you become First Sergeant ... the only impact to not being First Sergeant is that you might be outranked in attempting to become Commander.  That's all ... oh, and the First Sergeant icon looks a little cooler on the player listings.
!=PR=!julva1
+0|6491|Riverview, FL
Thanks guys that make sense.  I was in the ARMY for 12 years, 5 of those in FT Devens, MA 3rd Batallion, 10th Special Forces Goroup (A).  So I know a little bit about ranks, I was just wondering what was the impact of not having 1st Sgt in the game would be.  Thanks to all who posted in this topic.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6726|Las Vegas

!=PR=!julva1 wrote:

I was just wondering what was the impact of not having 1st Sgt in the game would be.
Your nutsack will shrivel up and your e-penis will wither and die.   Other than that, not much. 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard