Poll

The norm should be 'attacking uncaps is allowed' (Discuss)

I agree, attacking uncaps should usually allowed.70%70% - 263
I disagree, attacking uncaps should be frowned upon.29%29% - 111
Total: 374
gameaddict
+35|6682|let op drempels

e-i-u-benjamin wrote:

DUDE i dont get it , so many ppl now say that attacking uncaps should be alowed

THEN TELL ME: why do 90% of the servers say in their own rules NO ATTACKIN UNCAPABLE BASE
same reason why EA/DICE nerfed so many things if they see a small group of ppl whine about it they will do something about it

Last edited by gameaddict (2006-07-28 06:19:59)

pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6620|Houston, TX

iPoon.be wrote:

i agree, but only after all the flags have been taken. It doesnt matter anyway, most people ignore rules :p
I agree, and I feel bad when I throw an extra C4 on a chopper when destroying commander toys.  It's so tempting though.
pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6620|Houston, TX

dhoar4 wrote:

I've tried escaping in a boat, but of course, the boat can't outrun a J-10
Don't mean to derail here, but...

We were stuck on the carrier on wake when I suggested we all take a boat.  We had like 5 or six boats going at once.  There were just too many targets.  It was hilarious.
swapo_de
+13|6512|Lübeck, Germany

pfc_toecutter wrote:

dhoar4 wrote:

We were stuck on the carrier on wake when I suggested we all take a boat.  We had like 5 or six boats going at once.  There were just too many targets.  It was hilarious.
Bad work of the guys in the chopper and the guys on this tips of wake (snipers + tanks) I think. If done correctly even 10 boats shouldn't be the problem. It may work, but it's likely to fail.
Sea_JayUK
+19|6525|Notts
It's a challenge... that doesnt mean that uncappable base attacking shouldnt be allowed! Besides, if the first people into jets bail out over north base then bam... theres your first flag, I see no reason why the J-10's cant bomb your carrier / arty the runway... deal with it, it's unfair but then again so is me going up against an assault guy with the G3 armed with my P90.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754
I'm for baserape and I will lead my squad to do it. If you don't like that on your server then ban me.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6561|The real world
war = hell

baseraping = hell

--------------------------- +

baseraping = allowed
OpsChief
+101|6678|Southern California

ShotYourSix wrote:

OpsChief wrote:

ShotYourSix wrote:

If EA had only spelled it out a bit more clearly in the manual, this whole debate would be nonexistant.  Unfortunately, they only went so far as to suggest arty strikes on enemy commander assets.  While most would agree that it was the intention of the game designers to facillitate battle in the uncaps, it is way too open to interpetation.  Damn EA for not making a clear statemement one way or the other!

I doubt EA could be coerced to take a stance one way or another at this point.
EA has taken a stance. They don't have to say "it's OK to spawncamp". They didn't put out a rule against it so it is OK.

In the new ROE you see that any variations in the basic rules must be spelled out on the server. Since no EA rules exist defining and blocking spawncamping or baseraping then they are part of the basic game design and therefore allowed. Remember those terms pre-existed BF2 but are a private creation post-release of BF2, the real deal is called Strategic Raids, ambushes and Battlefield Interdiction. EA designed BF2 to have plenty of ways and places to spawn so you didn't have to worry about ambushes.

Is there anywhere EA/Dice have said that the red circle-slash means no-go zone?

Some people think it is a way to statpad lol -  creating rules that keep you from dying is also a form of stat padding if you use that logic.  If people continue to mindlessly respawn into an ambush site and if it is the only point you have left, guess what? you lost the game!!!  Stop dying and try again next game.

How many non-camp rules can you have before your rules start creating inflated scores beyond game design?

Bottom line - last generation FPS games needed non-camp rules because they didn't have all the options BF2 has to spawn, fight and win. Please learn BF2 and stop turning it into something less. Or go play on a server with spawnfences.
WTF are you telling this to ME for?  I've never argued for spawnfences.  In fact, if you dont mind me quoting myself I'll remind you what I said earlier in the thread:

ShotYourSix wrote:

I'm all for base raping, including when it is my own base.  That's just part of the game and the way it was meant to be played.

If you absolutely can not handle this concept, well, you can bite me as I slaughter your panzy whining ass in your own base.

Enough said.
I'm pretty sure you misconstrued what I wrote.  I was only lamenting the fact that while it seems pretty clear that EA intended attacking uncaps, that it's too bad they didnt make it clearer in the documentation.  Jesus, if you are going to argue your point, at least have the good sense to argue it with people who don't already agree with you.
Shot!! lol I am backing you up man. I was reinforcing your points with some evidence. The only thing I disagree with is your use of baserape instead of using some sexy militarily term.
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6495|Berlin, Germany

elmo1337 wrote:

war = hell

baseraping = hell

baseraping = allowed
BF2 = Game

Game = Fun

Baseraper (normally 1-2 jets and a helo) < Victim (8-32 people)

more victims than rapists

=>

Baserape = No Fun (at least for the victims)

Noob = No fun

Baserape = Noob

q.e.d.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
I agree with the thread starter. What are you meant to do if they don't have other flags, sit around and pull grass?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6537|Forest Lake, Australia

pfc_toecutter wrote:

dhoar4 wrote:

That would've been funny...lol
"Shit!!!  There's too many of them!!  FUCK!!!  WHAT DO I DO!!!!"   hahaha

Spark wrote:

I agree with the thread starter. What are you meant to do if they don't have other flags, sit around and pull grass?
I semi-agree with you.  If the other team has no flags, then yes, attack the uncaps...BUT...Not in vehicles/jets or choppers.  At least give them/us a bloody chance to defend our/themselves
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
base raping and spawn raping will be a bannable offence on our server when we get it up and running, that pretty much sums it up:\
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6721|Las Vegas

krazed wrote:

base raping and spawn raping will be a bannable offence on our server when we get it up and running, that pretty much sums it up:\
Guess I'll save myself the trip......in fact, please pre-ban me so I don't accidentally find myself on your server. It's "ShotYourSix".  Thanks.

I rarely participate in spawn raping as it seems kinda cheap and there are most often flags to be taken, but I have nothing against it.  I can adapt and overcome spawn campers, no problem.  But if you draw an arbitrary line somewhere which I'm not allowed to cross, well, we have a problem.
OpsChief

krazed wrote:

congrats on your new server, when is it going up?

Just remember krazed - You WILL have to post that "no raping" rule on your JOIN SERVER page - we on the other hand do not need to post "raping allowed" on ours because it is part of original game design (but they didn't call it raping lol ).

So we will both provide a fun place for people to play, we will be forced to use teamwork to kill "rapists" you will use fences and admins. Its all good bro and everyone will be happy in one place or another.
OpsChief

OGdR_MadMax wrote:

elmo1337 wrote:

war = hell

baseraping = hell

baseraping = allowed
BF2 = Game
Game = Fun
=>
Noob = No fun
Baserape = Noob
q.e.d.
/\
|
|

Prime Logical Fallacy  unless rape victims = noob

otherwise you see:
noob = non teamplayer [maybe or maybe not raper]
noob = getting admins to kill rapers for you
noob = no fun [agreed]

fun = teamplayers raping the rapists until they go away = pwnage
=>
teamwork = expert level
Experts = skill or be pwned

etc etc etc

nice logic flow though just missing that one definition

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-07-29 17:11:15)

Sadie_Sadisti
+1|6497

OpsChief wrote:

OGdR_MadMax wrote:

elmo1337 wrote:

war = hell

baseraping = hell

baseraping = allowed
BF2 = Game
Game = Fun
=>
Noob = No fun
Baserape = Noob
q.e.d.
/\
|
|

Prime Logical Fallacy  unless rape victims = noob

otherwise you see:
noob = non teamplayer [maybe or maybe not raper]
noob = getting admins to kill rapers for you
noob = no fun [agreed]

fun = teamplayers raping the rapists until they go away = pwnage
=>
teamwork = expert level
Experts = skill or be pwned

etc etc etc

nice logic flow though just missing that one definition
"logical fallacy", lol, that quoted statement is in very general form which should be the norm for teh mass, and your add ons are just your personal (miss)conceptions. I like generalised form

noob = someone that misses the game, regardless to the amount of kills he does or the size of squad he is in.

BF2 is ultimate noob game, the hit boxes are created in the size that  you just install it and you get to kill, and everything else is almost irrelevant. its a game made to be sold and "enjoyed" from the very first minute your online. its very disappointing to see how slow the ethic behavior is catching up even though this is not new game. I think its all Al Gore's and his "high speed internet in every home" paradigm's fault. people were just not ready.
Harmonics
A stabbing fatality
+22|6504
why the fuck should i give the enemy a chance?

ITS WAR.

you dont get troops in iraq saying "hang on, let the poor guy reload his clip and shoot us, its only fair"
Harmonics
A stabbing fatality
+22|6504

Spark wrote:

I hate it when people say "STOP BASERAPING" when you've got all the flags only uncap is left.

"okay, I'll just shoot the air, cause that'll get me points too yay!!"
Jelecak
+1|6627|Vodnik camper van, Ghost town
I think attacking uncaps should be allowed as often all one side's armor spawns on them. The bf players are the kind of people who never want to defend. They always want to attack-what can they do if all the bases are taken? They go to the last one to rape it-they just want to attack something and score points...
OpsChief

Sadie_Sadisti wrote:

"logical fallacy", lol, that quoted statement is in very general form which should be the norm for teh mass, and your add ons are just your personal (miss)conceptions. I like generalised form

noob = someone that misses the game, regardless to the amount of kills he does or the size of squad he is in.

BF2 is ultimate noob game, the hit boxes are created in the size that  you just install it and you get to kill, and everything else is almost irrelevant. its a game made to be sold and "enjoyed" from the very first minute your online. its very disappointing to see how slow the ethic behavior is catching up even though this is not new game. I think its all Al Gore's and his "high speed internet in every home" paradigm's fault. people were just not ready.
I agree with "noob = someone that misses the game" totally (except I almost never use the word noob except to quote someone else or as here to show assumptions don't equal logic).   He who speaks first does not define reality, he merely suggests it.

When spawn and rape fences are put up and admins are used to protect a portion of BF2 players from harsh realities of BF2 they are missing the BF2 game completely and actually trying to relive their past glories in CS or FarCry.

If special server rules say no camp/rape then don't do it. But we clearly need both types of games to keep it fun for everyone. Teamwork pwns BF2. Teamwork pwns ambushes and raids. If you lost all your spawn points because you wanted to earn your expert blah blah badge don't blame a "camper" blame your badge.

Squad-up! Skill or be pwned

P.S. Sadie, That ethics idea sounds very interesting to me. What "ethic bahavior" are you expecting to catch up? That could be a fun and intriguing new thread! Don't bury it here. What a conundrum, ethical gaming behavior... Yep PM me if you start a new thread for game ethics, I'm in m8
I was talking to someone about internet and 'common sense' the other day and we concluded that is years away from the internet because of the 50,000 distinct cultures, religions, languages, dialects, ages and billion points of view on everything lmao the only thing in common is the internet.  (and al gore... lol)
Sadie_Sadisti
+1|6497
w00t, i got me a 1 karma...thanks, you made my morning

:quote:why the fuck should i give the enemy a chance?

ITS WAR.

you dont get troops in iraq saying "hang on, let the poor guy reload his clip and shoot us, its only fair":quote:

BF2 is simulation of war game, you can not compare it with the real war. take any vet that did time on Middle East and have him play this game same amount of time, and compare the two, and he will tell you that experience is not the same at any given second.
when you look in iraq, if one goes and tortures prisoners he gets jail time, if one goes and rapes and kills people he gets punished for that too. they are under constant threat from enemy that you cant tell from a civilians, and they still hold to the ethics from home.
when your in iraq/home/anywhere else... you go in your tv room and find your bro/sis/dad/friend on the couch watching TV, you dont say to them "get off my heli bitchface, Im teh l337 and gona get me expert"

I think that having servers with different rules, makes this BF2 world much more colorful, you basically can get a completely different experience on very same game, and the good side of it is, you dont have to come back to server that you dont like. I dont know how you guys think when your asking all clans and private servers to stop their thing and conform to one single set of rules that you like.
I like the non attacking uncaps thing, it gives a space for regrouping to both teams and having all round played on relatively equal ground. as per saying "for what is the kill worth if you cant take pride on it". 

if you stand in front of spawnpoint with tank, you can have over 20 kills in matter of seconds until someone wizens and takes you off, but where’s the fun in that, you got all those points with absolutely no skill display, thats just lame in my opinion, as there are real people on the other side.

Opschief, problem is that people are fooled with the sense of false anonymity that internet gives them, its perceived as one can not be tracked back and hold accountable for the behavior - those that lack character go bad.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6754|Upper Franconia
It should be enforced that attacking ANY base is allowed.
OpsChief
@sadie yep - some people say "it's just a game I can do anything I want" the false belief that internet is "not real" is not surprising because of the gradual surreal way it was introduced to us and the perception of anonymity you mentioned. Since there is always at least one person witnessing the behavior one can never really get away with anything without being detected until one goes completely mad. 

But you can directly compare many parts and dimensions of BF2 to "real war". There are actually only a very few differences from "real war" and games, any games.

@ tyler   Servers catering to different levels of play is a good thing (unless they cater to k/p/io play). Alot of people are here to play videogames, others are here for the wargames and both groups are OK.

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-08-10 07:21:10)

spike56532
+1|6480
If you don't like being baseraped, STOP SPAWNING THERE, if it's your last base (uncapp or not) STOP SPAWNING, PERIOD, and the round will end.
Sea_JayUK
+19|6525|Notts
I was on a server recently which had a rule of, No Baseraping if the uncap is the only flag left. Basically, if you have other options then spawn at the uncpa at your own risk.

Secondly, I'll say it again, Spawn raping is waiting AT A SPAWN POINT... given this it is impossible to spawn rape in a jet, absolutly IMPOSSIBLE! No one can be that accurate and you dont get enough bombs or can dive for long enough... essentially you cant keep a sustained attack on a spawn point. I've been spawn raped by assault /support guys and apcs on Karkand... never in an uncap.

Spawn raping is really not allowed, it's considered cheating on a ccount of the fact that it abuses the unrealistic way in which people enter the game. Once you've spawned you have the same chance against an arty strike or jet as you do anywhere else on the map. Calling it base rapnig is hiding behind words. Essentially you could take this 'no arty on uncaps because it's unfair and turn it into dont use arty on neutral flags as it's cheating to know the enemy is there'.

Please, stop whineing about 'base rapers' and spawn AT or accept that this aprticular round you MAY NOT have a positive K ratio, though you'll get a fair amount of kills if the enemy is ALWAYS near your spawn point.

oh and last comment, for every kill.... there must be a death, so your not on the + side this time, *shrugs*.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard