MECtallica
+73|6521|jalalabad
Heatseeking alt fire, switch to alt fire and look for a vehicle etc, it should also be able to seek humans, but I doubt it'd hit one. Reason why is , because choppers one , are sometimes pretty much impossible to hit with AT rockets, I dont think the heat seeking locking onto humans or tanks etc would be overpowered,also the missles should be able to fly faster to be able to track planes and such. I dont think the missles should "lock on" just you have to put the scope, and follow the jet/chopper/whatever a little and shoot the missle so it can see the target. I hate being AT and not being able to take out planes, only planes and AA can take the planes out, and seeing the planes machineguns killing you in one shot at a AA site, it isnt fair. mobile AA is good, but is really on only a few maps.  And they should put another alt fire for RPG style rockets, (IE only shoots in a straight line no guiding , never played SF but saw that it has this) but the RPG should do 50/60 damage to a vehicle no matter where it strikes.   just my thoughts, if they seem to extreme/you can think of better, .... please do?
Brasso
+1,549|6647

I think they're fine.  The RPGs should be a little more damaging, but other than that they're ok.  You just have to get used to shooting missles at choppers.  Wait till they slow down, or come up for a rocketing run, or are hovering.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
eagles1106
+269|6601|Marlton, New Jersey.
um real life at missiles couldnt seek humans lol nt though hehe
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6565|San Diego, CA, USA
Getting 1 Heat Seeking missle per kit would be fun and wouldn't necessarily unbalance things.  Good armor players will still use obtacles to block incoming fire.
-MIKI3.
+70|6660|The Netherlands
bad idea :S ..... and why do you make a new topic for everything plz keep it to one topic
BattlefieldMedic
+25|6618|Sydney City, THE city.

Harmor wrote:

Getting 1 Heat Seeking missle per kit would be fun and wouldn't necessarily unbalance things.  Good armor players will still use obtacles to block incoming fire.
This is quite a good idea. Locking on to choppers and other aircraft would be good, but not at infantry (Jebus save the P90!).

I hate how attack choppers rain hell on your base and you cant do jack shit about it!
Mustang99
+9|6541
you can do stuff about it..... 1 learn how to down a chopper with AT (not that hard once you get the idea) 2. switch to support and just mow the chopper it will take a while but it will do a bit of damage o and as for the killing infantry it is not that hard to kill infantry with AT rocket when you learn how to do it..... (yes i have done all these things before)

Last edited by Mustang99 (2006-07-15 04:37:37)

Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6660|England
Your use of the word humans leads me to beleive you are an extra terrestrial lifeform using BF2 as a military training programm

Last edited by Sgt.Davi (2006-07-15 04:50:08)

elmo1337
Banned
+186|6576|The real world
That would be the suckzor
brome
brap.
+244|6604|Accidental, TK
yeah, it would be too much of a nerf im afraid
PRiMACORD
+190|6642|Home of the Escalade Herds
Heat seeking = no skill

imo they should replace all ground stinger sites with AA cannons, if someone shoots me down i want to be shot down because he had good aim, not because he could point at a green box and click twice.
MorbidFetus
+76|6568|Ohio

MECtallica wrote:

Reason why is , because choppers one , are sometimes pretty much impossible to hit with AT rockets... I hate being AT and not being able to take out planes...
It's called Anti-Tank for a reason...
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6565|San Diego, CA, USA

BattlefieldMedic wrote:

Harmor wrote:

This is quite a good idea. Locking on to choppers and other aircraft would be good, but not at infantry (Jebus save the P90!).

I hate how attack choppers rain hell on your base and you cant do jack shit about it!
Maybe this is the answer to the AT class...allow them to have 1 missile be able to lock on to a target...be it armor, helicopter or jet.  Should take at least 1.5- 2 seconds to do a lock.  Doesn't guarnatee a hit because the missle has time to travel and most likely it'll be blocked by a building or whatever (good armor players will do this).
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6576|The real world
Jezus christ just learn how to hit a helicopter with a normal rocket, and then try to request again
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6623|Lancashire, UK
.....I still think we should get Javelins........
REDARMYMIKE
+7|6523|St. Louis
use the pkm or learn how to shoot the sraw/eryx

or better yet, dont stand out in the open when a helicopter is flying at you.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6723|Antarctica
AT is fine as it is, don't change.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

The only add-on AT rockets need is racing stripes. They're always cool.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
McCullough
+7|6855
Learn how to use all the weapons properly and you'll find yourself able to kill almost everything
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6759|United Kingdom

MECtallica wrote:

I hate being AT and not being able to take out planes, only planes and AA can take the planes out, and seeing the planes machineguns killing you in one shot at a AA site, it isnt fair
I'm sorry...what?

You hate being AT, right, and not being able to shoot down FAST MOVING planes?

They get worse every day.....
Madhadda1
+270|6562|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

-=Meshekal=- wrote:

MECtallica wrote:

I hate being AT and not being able to take out planes, only planes and AA can take the planes out, and seeing the planes machineguns killing you in one shot at a AA site, it isnt fair
They get worse every day.....
its sad but true..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard