rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6512
iron gator is a very good map but there are very few servers that actually play on it. i was wondering if some1 could start up a 64 player, 24/7 iron gator server.  the best one out there right now is *fw*gauntlet but that is only like 32 players i think.
Des.Kmal
+917|6618|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
yeah dude, but it is a 64 player map. not a 32 or is there a dif?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
rambo_killin_SOB
+61|6512
i want like a 32 on 32 battle that would get a lot of points
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

64 seems to fidgety, i prefer 50 or less
Ben>You
+90|6526
eh i go for the 32 or less, too many people = too many noobs.
spon
+2|6844|San Jose, CA
I like Iron Gator for combat, but getting the flags really annoy me.

Too many times it's like: I'm looking at the Hud and I get to a map point and look around. Where the hell is the flag? look up, oh crap it's on a different floor! 

Granted, I don't play it alot, but when it first came out, that was my problem.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6699|U.S
i hate iron gator at times when you are on a team that has noobs and it is too hard to find your way around
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6794|Idaho, USA / Age 30
32 helps it run better.  64 just lags out the server.   I like that Gauntlet server it is a good server.  The admins are awesome and fair from what I see.
Des.Kmal
+917|6618|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I'm surpised M_Harrower or Leesupport havent posted here yet.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
BetterThanNyte
+2|6517
I dunno, it is already sometimes ridiculously hard to board the ship if you are MEC.  32 anti-tank players on the SEALs would just be ridiculously hard to get past in the beginning.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6583|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
It is all about the pilots in that map.  AT are a big factor too, but the Apache heli gunner can sure get a lot of points, just like BabySpinach does many time and Primacord(although he is mostly pilot).
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6685|Seattle
I love Iron Gator.

The only problem is when the MEC team is noobish and can't get onboard =/
leesupport
+39|6683

Des.Kmal wrote:

I'm surprised M_Harrower or Leesupport havent posted here yet.
Gotta give me time:)
yea i hated the Gator when i first played it but one day i got 90 points and loved it ever sense but i have played on 64 with 64 people  Iron Gator severs and its nothing but lag so the Gauntlet is the best:)
PRiMACORD
+190|6625|Home of the Escalade Herds

BetterThanNyte wrote:

I dunno, it is already sometimes ridiculously hard to board the ship if you are MEC.  32 anti-tank players on the SEALs would just be ridiculously hard to get past in the beginning.
Nah it's super easy. Most people don't know how to use the transport, just hover high up above the carrier as SL and rain men down on the carrier

If you can't manage to get a flag the team you're on just blows. The same thing can happen to the US tho where they easily let MEC onto the gator and soon find themselves without any flags. Air power is important on both sides but the real winner on this map is decided by infantry. Super fun map in air or on the ground
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6574

Des.Kmal wrote:

I'm surprised M_Harrower or Leesupport havent posted here yet.
Lol.

Somebody once said to me: "You should try playing a 64 slot server on a 16/32 size map, there's someone around every corner."

The problem is, if you do that on the gator, there are 2 or 3 people around every corner.

It gets cramped and laggy, 32 slots is better imo.
ROTOFOO
+2|6661
i agree with mharrower on this one.  the 32 man server is the best to play iron gator on.  it seems to have a perfect balance, and haveing 64 men on that ship would lag my computer up bad.  Ill stick with the Gauntlet
teeW
+4|6504|central illinois
love love love iron gator. many people that begin playing this map get confused and don't really try again to learn it. It's really a simple map - 3 levels, 2 flags per level, 1 staircase that takes you there for the most part.

the AA is bearable, easy to get around/kill, so piloting choppers is hella fun
Mike_J
+68|6669
What happened to that HKD one?  I remember they said they were moving to a new IP, but they never show up on the browser.  Other than FW, that's the only 24/7 Gator server.  The HKD one is notoriously laggy though.
BetterThanNyte
+2|6517

PRiMACORD wrote:

BetterThanNyte wrote:

Nah it's super easy. Most people don't know how to use the transport, just hover high up above the carrier as SL and rain men down on the carrier

If you can't manage to get a flag the team you're on just blows. The same thing can happen to the US tho where they easily let MEC onto the gator and soon find themselves without any flags. Air power is important on both sides but the real winner on this map is decided by infantry. Super fun map in air or on the ground
But how often does this happen?  Half of the time the heli pilots just suck
rambo_killin_SOB
+61|6512

teeW wrote:

love love love iron gator. many people that begin playing this map get confused and don't really try again to learn it. It's really a simple map - 3 levels, 2 flags per level, 1 staircase that takes you there for the most part.

but when you first play on this map it is very confusing, although i have it mostly memorized now at first i always found myself at a dead end or a floor under the flag.
teeW
+4|6504|central illinois

rambo_killin_SOB wrote:

teeW wrote:

but when you first play on this map it is very confusing, although i have it mostly memorized now at first i always found myself at a dead end or a floor under the flag.
talking with someone who knows the map on an empty server should get anyone foreign to this map caught up fairly quickly.

in a couple words -
there's a first floor, lowest floor, fore and aft.
second floor/middle floor, fore and aft.
deck/highest floor, fore and aft (for the most part)

there is one staircase that can take you from the 1st floor to any other floor on the map. there's also a way to get to the viewing deck from 1st floor engine room aft, however it's a little tricky to describe in words.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6658|WPB, FL. USA
There were a couple of 64 player servers and after all the complaining of lag, since everyone is so close to each other, they turned them into 32 players.  Also, is was damned near impossible to get on the Carrier.
I wish they would allow grappling hooks and we could all play pirate 

As far as getting on the Carrier here's three ways that do work {however, only with a good squad}:
1} Fly the transport chopper {otherwise known as the flying coffin} into the side bay - it's my personal favorite,  2} Have the Sq. Ldr. fly the transport chopper and hover over the Carrier - Sq. Members parachute in until you get a flag {more like target practice actually}.  3} Have the Sq. Ldr. drive the APC to the aft bay and cover the Sq. Members until they get a flag.  I'm sure most of you know about these three ways but it seems that people are not squadding-up too well on Iron Gator anymore.

Kaboom.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6732|Germany, near Koblenz

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

I wish they would allow grappling hooks and we could all play pirate 
That's exactly what I wish! TIG is a fine map but what a fun it must be to be able to board the essex. (The tickets would have to be corrected.)
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield
You get to 64 players you are looking for lag inside the Gator... 50 players are better, look at some of the 64's in Warlord skipping around but when you do 50 or less its much, much better.

So you guys serious?? I WILL make our other server a 50 man Gator if people fill it up, otherwise its staying Sharqi.... Problem with SF/AF/EF is that there are fewer servers, I've even noticed vBF2 the other day had only 132 servers that had someone in them, is it becoming the end for BF2??
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6531
Make a night map server imdead. Instead of iron gator since the Gauntlet is plenty of Iron Gator for SF. There is a serious lack of night maps in SF though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard