Poll

Should vehicles exhibit less functionality when damaged 50% or more?

Vehicles exhibiting specific inoperative zone damage 58% 58% - 64 41% 41% - 46
Vehicles exhibiting less functionality when damage 62% 62% - 69 37% 37% - 41
Total: 110
ECH
+50|6666|Some where near you
I mean come on, when a vehicle is 50% or more damage why does it still operate as if it's still 100% healed? That's per fud in my book.
Lets use the following examples for clarity on what I mean:

Tanks
When they are 50% damage it should take 5 seconds longer for the shell to reload. At 75% or more 10 seconds longer for the shell to load. Simple enough, nothing complicated and can be coded in to the game. So don't give me that "it can't be done crap!"

APC's & Mobile AA
When they are 50% damaged the fire rate should slow down to 1/3 the speed. Once damaged at 75% or more 1/2 its speed.

Jets
When they are 50% damage the radar should fade in and out in intervals of 5 seconds. At 75% it should fade in and out in intervals of 10 seconds. I am not sure if this can be coded into the game. However, the alternative is to decrease rate of fire for it's cannon and delayed release of bombs and missiles. Again, that can be coded into the game.

Boats, Jeeps and Vans
I say leave them as is...they can be killed in 1 shot anyway

Commander's Assets.

UAV
At 50% damage they should take 10 seconds to function after you push the UAV button. At 75% or more 20 seconds. Not sure if this is already implimented or just a bug, LOL

Satellite
the same as UAV

Artillery
They say that they are delayed but I haven't noticed it. But if not it should be the same as UAV.

The reason why I only used the firing mechanism is because it's been said that complex dynamics cannot be  added to the game.  It would require a different engine.  Therefore, I keep it sweet and simple.  If it where possible then yes, I am for it (that's why I left it in the poll none the less.  However, be that as it may, more then likely if they cannot properly patch this game why would you think they can do complex coding and hit detection dynamics?  Rather then present a suggestion that obviously cannot be fulfilled I offered an alternative solution that can be implemented. 

Vehicles exhibiting specific inoperative zone damage    YES    NO    
Vehicles exhibiting less functionality when damage     YES    NO

Not sure why they don't show up. when I previewed it all was well...hmm...

Vehicles exhibiting specific inoperative zone damage
Yes No
Vehicles exhibiting less functionality when damage
Yes No

^^This is a direct copy and paste from the preview before I submitted it (minus the circles) ...Not sure why it's no longer available..

Last edited by ECH (2006-07-18 16:02:42)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6665|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
Should Vehicles and Commander assets just be left the hell alone?

Quote for yes.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6550|Portland, OR USA
I say no.

Want a driving sim?  Buy Gran Tourismo.  Personally, I think they've done an excellent job merging flight physics with driving physics with a FPS.  I mean, the cars "drift" you actually see afterburner slide.

I don't want uber realistic models of these subsystems of the game.  If I want to revel in them, I'll buy a game which cators to such an aspect.  <shrug>

EDIT:  Goddamnit

spawnofthemist wrote:

Quote for yes.

Last edited by puckmercury (2006-07-17 22:28:46)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6858|Kubra, Damn it!

I don't understand what the options are in this poll.

Edit: Thanks for the explanation. The yes/no stuff wasn't there originally.

Last edited by chittydog (2006-07-18 15:05:35)

Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6772|Mark it zero.

spawnofthemist wrote:

Quote for yes.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6743|California

Kamikaze17 wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

Quote for yes.
ECH
nvm

Last edited by ECH (2006-07-17 23:37:52)

SiMSaM16
+48|6716|United States of America
good idea, good thought, good effort, but no

This game isnt that realistic, and it wont be.
Entertayner
+826|6593

spawnofthemist wrote:

Quote for yes.
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6521
So a tank that's been shot in the treads will magically reload shells slower? How exactly is that supposed to work?
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6642|Manitowoc, WI
i want a tank that gets shot in the treads to NO LONGER BE ABLE TO MOVE.  this would GREATLY cut down on Armor Whoring and would perhaps make karakand a playable map

@Noop-NI, how is it possible that a wrench can put out fires and fix a bridge made of cement or wood, there is basically nothing that can be fixed in a bridge with a wrench
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6521
The wrench can fix things because the game doesn't HAVE to be realistic. If it was realistic it would be BAD. Realism in games is not actually a good thing.

Also, great idea, make it so the tanks start spawn camping, and then can't move. Give them an excuse to spawn camp. What a super fantastic wonderful idea of joy.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6642|Manitowoc, WI

Noop-Ni wrote:

The wrench can fix things because the game doesn't HAVE to be realistic. If it was realistic it would be BAD. Realism in games is not actually a good thing.

Also, great idea, make it so the tanks start spawn camping, and then can't move. Give them an excuse to spawn camp. What a super fantastic wonderful idea of joy.
if a tank cant move, it makes it much eaiser for it to be killed, they cant move and doge SRAW shots, they got move away to repair, they are just a sitting duck, so yes, i do think it is a super fantastic wonderful idea of joy smacktard
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6521
If they're having to dodge, they're not really spawn camping that well, are they? I mean, I'm no expert, but I thought the point was that the tank killed people before they had a chance to do anything.
In any case, though, your idea is pretty stupid. One guy playing AT can basically kill any tank with one shot. I mean, sure, they may not be dead, but they'll be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no way to move. In fact, it's even better than that, 'cause your way the tank won't die, so it won't respawn. So no tank until it explodes by itself, at which point someone will drive one up, get hit once, and the tank will be out of the game again.

Sounds to me like you just can't handle tanks, so you want them nerfed to the point of uselessness, really.

Oh, and that's a great debating style you've got going there, insulting people who disagree with you. I mean, damn, real great.

Last edited by Noop-Ni (2006-07-17 23:21:06)

PRiMACORD
+190|6648|Home of the Escalade Herds
This game isn't that real and it's not suppose to be. Also, your vote is broke so i voted null.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6742|Las Vegas
So let me get this sstraight.  You want DICE to muck around in the code some more?  Are you kidding me? Every time they mess with this code it gets more buggy, more unstable, and less playable.

Leave it alone, it's got problems enough already..
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6786

https://www.totalirrelevance.zeeblo.com/images/OMG.jpg

No, seriously.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6866|Waikato, Aotearoa
Actually guy, what you have stated only stands to reason. Very good point. Doubt if EA will implement it in a future patch tho
ECH
it would add something new to the game...
T0xicboy
+4|6530|the grim and cold north.
I think it's a good idea.
I remember that the BF 1942 mod Silent Heroes had implemented that your field of vision as a soldier was reduced when you where damaged, if you only had one bar left then you had a serious case of tunnel vision
The surrounding areas out side your vision wasn’t really pitch black, it was just darker but it made you less effective as a soldier if you where damaged.

And remember the lovely smoke grenades that they had there, Ahh that’s a real smoke grenade, it lasted for about half minute and you could not see through it or even in it.. Not like it is in bf2, some type of mist for 5 seconds and then it’s all gone.

And the realistic weapon sounds that they had.. it gave me the creeps.

Too bad that they won’t do any BF2 mod of it, and the background story to the war could have been better

I would love some type of less functionality for equipment and/or for soldiers when they have been damaged, that would be lovely.
And give us real smoke.
And the English voices for MEC and Chinese could be given a MEC or Chinese accent to it, which would be nice

/Toxic

Last edited by T0xicboy (2006-07-18 05:08:51)

daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6598
I would like to see whirley birds spin out of control and crash. Giving the pilot only seconds to escape
BattlefieldMedic
+25|6623|Sydney City, THE city.
I think their ability to maneouver should be significantly hampered. But the tank shells reloading slowing or firing not as rapidly? Thats bull.

But then again, it isnt really that important. I mean its not like you spend all your game time in a vehicle [unless your an armour whore], so the details are of little significance.
Wicked97
+5|6548
Wheres the option to vote no because its one more thing for ea/dice to fuck up if they tried to implement.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6730|67.222.138.85
I think it's a good idea, but instead of changing reload, make it change its mobility. For example a tank would be slower, perhaps only one tread works well so it has a tendancy to lean, for a chopper maybe you have to fight teh stick some to keep it from rolling or something.

Edit: I think this is a good idea to be implemented at game release but now I don't think it is feasible.

Last edited by Flaming_Maniac (2006-07-18 06:20:42)

CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6762
the game is nowhere close to sim or realility get over it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard