EA, DICE.... wow what a team.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6760|California

you create a game, then you can whine.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6698| United States of America
EA alone is good. DICE is a bunch of fuckers that cant seem to make one fucking good idea work worth SHIT!!!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6760|California

tvmissleman wrote:

EA alone is good. DICE is a bunch of fuckers that cant seem to make one fucking good idea work worth SHIT!!!
and yet you still play the game. If they are such fuckers, then uninstall BF2 and go play another game, ok thanks
Microwave
_
+515|6695|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I love stryyker, just because whatever he says is so right...!
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
i would but
1. i dont have enough money to go out and buy a new game
2. the game has some fun times
3. i dont want to stop playing BF2 then i would be REALLY bored
all they need to do is work on FIXING the game not adding new content so every one can bitch and another patch comes out and more people bitch and u get the idea

Last edited by tvmissleman (2006-07-16 13:55:32)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6570|Boston, MA
tvmissileman is right. There's really nothing wrong with EA games, they just end up helping great games be better because they can give the actual developers more money. The only thing is Dice is too busy adding stuff when they should be fixing stuff. It's stupid too because there isn't that much to fix, but they just won't do it.
Hyper_Dude
+5|6862|United Knigdom
Actually, it's DICE that want to fix that game, with EA causing all the problems. DICE develop the game right, they wanted all the features which are seen within SF and the 2 booster packs tobe in the origional BF2. However, it's EA which want the game completed by a certain release date.

BF2 was pushed back by a few months if I can remember correctly, DICE were lucky EA even gave them that, but the game still wasn't ready. Instead, we got a game which was reduced in content and had a few bugs. DICE have attempted to fix some of these problems/bugs, but EA as a publisher want DICE to develop new content or new games whcih they can get some cash for. The publisher want the money, the developers want the quality titles. Do you want a shit game in your portfolio?

What's worse, with every patch all you read is bitching saying this sucks, this sucks, this sucks ever more, this sucks too, this sucks and is for n00bs, n00b this, n00b that, EA suck, DICE suck, BF2 sucks but I won't stop playing it etc. etc. If people actually gave decent feedback, saying what does/doesn't work, then bugs and balancing would be created faster and at a higher quality.

You also have to think about the position DICE are in, do you make the publisher, EA, happy by making more money and making the game a big seller and easier to play, or do you stay with the community of hardcore fans and make patches suited to them. DICE will want to go with the community, but EA will want the money.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6693

stryyker wrote:

tvmissleman wrote:

and yet you still play the game. If they are such fuckers, then uninstall BF2 and go play another game, ok thanks
Do you give up on something that you know has so much potential as soon as something goes wrong with it?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
-=5TON3D
+42|6574|u.k
DICE just need to learn how to make patches without fucking em up,game probs only started when they decided to nurf shit back in 1.1 & onwards,which must've started screwing up the game code causing it to become more & more unstable with each patch.
only reason i bother to install any new patches is cause of lack of servers,otherwise i'd happily be playing 1.1 still lol.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6590|CH/BR - in UK

Hey, they can make patches without screwing them up, but they just don't have enough time...
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
oh yeah show me one exampel of a GOOD patch from DICE
topthrill05
+125|6617|Rochester NY USA
1.12 wasn't to bad.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
i almost miss 1.12
we need to go back to 1.12 just with all the guns and the world would be happy; or at least i would.

Last edited by tvmissleman (2006-07-16 15:45:28)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6745|Antarctica
This is how I see it:

DICE Sweden made BF2 and made it good, but was rushed by EA to release.  Therefore DICE Sweden = good and EA = bad.  Then EA puts the ROE and BFMP in place (military police in a game, yeah...) which does nothing but fuel the whiner's flame for revenge against good players.  Therefore EA = bad.  Now DICE Canada has taken over patch making and is doing a horrible job at it........ but they did make Special Forces which is great even with the bugs.  So DICE Canada = bad patching.  Thankfully DICE Sweden is making 2142 and not Canada, or I doubt they could even get it to run without CTD'ing.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6589|UK

Yea but uno, Dice is busy, they have EA on their back wanting 2142 made, plus all these booseter and expansion packs, new content (i.e new booster packs) is what takes priority, it's where they get there money.  I can understand therefor why the guys are like, ooo shit werv got tht ctd thing to fix, while his buddy is busy on the phone to some random EA noob shoutin at him for these problems.

One thing at a time ladies
dquinner
+4|6535|Ireland
The reason bf2 is in the state it is in now is probably due to pressure on DICE from the moneygrabbers at EA. The original dice team in sweden who created the bf2 vanilla are now busy working on this futuristic moneymaker 2142 while the canadian team have taken over bf2. The canadian team have developed the lower quality expansion and booster packs and not to mention the dreadful patches. Whatever about getting the canadians to produce the booster packs and expansion packs, thats just a way to make more money but would it not make more sense to get the original creators of the game to develop the patches? Surely no one is in a better position to fix the game than its original creators. They know how their own code works and how the game was designed. How can they expect a new team to just take over and have the same indepth knowledge as the original team. The quality of the patches released clearly demonstrates the new teams lack of knowledge and talent. Simple solution is to put 2142 on hold for the moment and get the original team to develop one more final patch. Surely they can work out why the servers are crashing, friendlys are showing as enemies, the appliacton crashes to desktop etc etc etc. There is not that much wrong with the game considering how much is in it. Im assuming DICE would like a reputation for developing quality games and EA would like a reputation for releasing quality games. Bring back the original team and this will become a reality. The new team have had there chance to prove themselves and have failed by fucking up the simple things like keeping servers running without crashes. EA should back off and let the real talent at DICE finish what they started!
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6579|GREAT Britain
yea the whole thing is a shambles and the support really is the biggest joke in gaming, i cant wait for new games like unreal tournament 2k7 and quake wars, then its bye bye battlefield 2, and i aint making the same mistake again by buying a new ea game either, the developers at dice dont stand a chance with ea running the main show, i know they have a reputation, but they have outdone themselves with this game,  i own lots of online games, and this is by far the biggest joke of the lot of them, i dont care how good the core gameplay is cus the other problems are starting to take the piss its not even worth it the bother
MorbidFetus
+76|6591|Ohio

topthrill05 wrote:

1.12 wasn't to bad.
If 1.12 had the friendly fire option for mines and 'mores and 1.3's A-A, it would be the perfect patch.
dubbs
+105|6671|Lexington, KY

Linus wrote:

you know you got problems..

1 year after release, too...

You are actually beta test the patch not the game.  There is a huge difference.  Also, the demo is basically a unofficial beta that most people tested not know that the did.  EA/DICE was probally watching servers to see how to make/code the game better.  You are a little to late on beta testing the game.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6810|AUS, Canberra

Linus wrote:

that is the most retarded post iv ever seen.

*franticly clicks the -1 button in hope of a miracle*
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6590|CH/BR - in UK

^^lol^^
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6562
I have to disagree with "EA is good" EA is SHIT theyre WORSE than DICE. Every other EA game Ive played has been CRAP and they make them worse than bf2 with brutally overpowered stuff and horribly underpowered stuff. EA cant make games, they should go shut themselves down.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6832|Jupiter

THA wrote:

Linus wrote:

that is the most retarded post iv ever seen.

*franticly clicks the -1 button in hope of a miracle*
*accidentally clicks the ban button..... o well*
imortal
+240|6704|Austin, TX
I used to work in an office witha  game publishing company.  In the kitchen area was a billboard.  The most prominant sign was on saying "SHIP NOW; WE CAN PATCH!"   There is a whole lot of pressure on the programmers to get their product on the shelves so it can start raking in cash.  Until the product hits the shelves, it is nothing but a money drain.

The problem that often happens is that if they are not bringing in all the money they need, they often start letting programmers go; especially after the game hits market.  So, you may have had 50 programmers make the game, there may only be 15 or 20 to keep the support going.  And that is only when they are not working on the NEXT game they are producing.

Yes, DICE keeps messing up and leaving glitches and other errors in the game.  But you are not paying a montly fee or anything.  They already have your money.  I actually have to give kudos to DICE for even trying so much.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard