AK5489
+16|6507|US
damn, got vet ground defence badge and ribbon and was on my way to expert when the round ended

oh well, at least thats done
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6509|Daytona Beach, FL
I got around 15 kills usin the HJ-8 on one of the Spec. Forces maps.. forgot the name of it. I destroyed several APCs and tanks along with a very unlucky Hind.. unfortunately the round ended before I could work up five minutes on the TOW.

Last edited by USAFDude_1988 (2006-07-12 17:27:51)

InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6643|Cumberland, MD, USA
I got my Expert on a full 64 Karkand as Commander on the TOW at Factory, but over half my kills came by HMMWVs trying to sneak around and take the Factory.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6537|Chicago

spawnofthemist wrote:

copy/pasted from my other post on this exact topic

The EASIEST way to get this badge is to go as commander on a 64 player karkand server that is about half full..

1) Apply for commander..
2) if you dont get commander then mutiny that bastard! you're 10 times better than him (unless its me ) PLUS YOU'RE GOING FOR A BADGE!
3) go to the nearest mounted machinegun or TOW

TOW/HJ-8 locations on 64 player karkand are:

Factory beside the Scan satellite
Gatehouse near the portakabins
Suburbs at the house
at the Square.
and at the USMC left hand artillery on the minimap

Personally i'd choose the TOW at the factory (if you're MEC).. as theres ALWAYS some USEFUL people that DONT go for the hotel

If you're USMC it couldnt be easier.. just start back where the tanks and APC's spawn and theres a mounted machinegun right there

now..  this is the clever part..

when you artillery someone while in the MG or TOW.. it counts as a Ground Defense kill..
all you need to do here is artillery 20 people while in the MG/TOW and you'll get your shiny badge

another reason i said to use the factory TOW (if MEC or USMC defending once you've captured it) is that you'll have the opportunity to use the TOW in action and score some extra kills

much like the 4 person HMMWV i scored last night

Good luck on earning your Expert Ground Defense badge
An even better place is the mounted MG at the Gas Station or the MG in a watchtower near the Factory
Evil_Apu
+40|6583|Denmark
I got it on chineese base, i choosed the left of the 2 small towers with a ground defencer at the top, and killed 14 a row, and atri took the rest
AK5489
+16|6507|US
now i need to do air defence...this is gonna be hard

oh, and i got the ground defence on the mounted MG on karkand

Last edited by AK5489 (2006-07-12 17:37:00)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

Operation Smoke Screen has the best TOW spots
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

RedTwizzler wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

If you're USMC it couldnt be easier.. just start back where the tanks and APC's spawn and theres a mounted machinegun right there
An even better place is the mounted MG at the Gas Station or the MG in a watchtower near the Factory
Reading FTW ^_^
spawnofthemist
Banned

AK5489 wrote:

that one's easy..

Linebacker/Tunguska/Type95

Kubra Dam/Fu She Pass/Daqing Oilfields/Midnight Sun

chuuby
+19|6618
you can do the same with the air def. just find an aa vehicle or a stinger loacation and just sit there and arty

Last edited by chuuby (2006-07-12 17:42:14)

AK5489
+16|6507|US

chuuby wrote:

you can do the same with the air def. just find an aa vehicle or a stinger loacation and just sit there and arty
of all the servers i tried today, i was only able to get commander once or twice. ill have to do it the legit way
AK5489
+16|6507|US

spawnofthemist wrote:

AK5489 wrote:

that one's easy..

Linebacker/Tunguska/Type95

Kubra Dam/Fu She Pass/Daqing Oilfields/Midnight Sun

kubra dam does sound pretty good right now
SoC./Omega
+122|6541|Omaha, Nebraska!
i got mine on a 32 player kark in the TOW at the MEC factory.
={OGC}=HK-47
Eugoogalizer
+69|6574|Fountain Valley,CA

Mouse315 wrote:

I like the chinese airfield MGs on wake island.  If the US only controls southern bases, they will keep running at you, and you will keep killing them.  Thats how I did it.
Electonic Komando
+1|6499|War Saw Town
go commander as USMC on Karkand and grab m249 SAW from gas station. Should do it.
AK5489
+16|6507|US
oh hells ya

https://images6.theimagehosting.com/screen025.469.jpg

was shooting for expert but it was hard enough while fighting over AA vehicles

Last edited by AK5489 (2006-07-13 12:55:32)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6672|Colorado
IroN GaToR-First Floor, Mess hall
https://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3751/screen018hm3.jpg
https://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1417/screen019zz0.jpg
Have the First Floor, Mess hall & the Hanger bay, Fore caped usually you get a nice stream of fishhttps://www.vanguardcinema.com/fishinabarrel/fishinabarrel.jpg coming your way from predictable positions.
Worked great for me, acquired about double the kills needed in this spot, didn't even need to be a commander taking up a tow.
dalmar72
+6|6520
I got my veteran last week using the TOW at the hotel on sharqi.  tanks vods and hummv's are always coming down to cap that one.  plus you can send a tow over to greet the mec chopper if you are lucky.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6649|Washington DC

I got my veteran whoring the TOW at the Surveillance post on Sharqi... tanks, APC's and Vods are constantly rushing to that flag ... also got two of my kills by hitting a hovering chopper.

But, truly earning the Ground Defense badges/ribbon are difficult to get legitimately.  You have to practice using TOWS, HJ-8s, and MMGs ... going up against APCs and Tanks also takes some timing (you don't want to enter the TOW/HJ-8 until you can get your shot off because most armor whores know GD locations, and when that alarm sounds they will immediatly put lead on your position).  One other thing that makes this a difficult badge to get legitimately is that you have to be in just the right battle situation to have the opportunities.  So it takes a lot of patience and thinking and luck.

When I finally got the Vet Ground Defense, it was one of the most satisfying drum rolls I've had in this game.  I ended the round with 12 Ground Defense kills (it showed 13, but one of these came when a claymore went off while I was in a TOW).

(I would guess that under 5% of BF2 players get the GD and AD badges legit ... the rest use the cheap commander-arty technique).

Last edited by OrangeHound (2006-07-17 06:09:33)

spawnofthemist
Banned

OrangeHound wrote:

I got my veteran whoring the TOW at the Surveillance post on Sharqi... tanks, APC's and Vods are constantly rushing to that flag ... also got two of my kills by hitting a hovering chopper.

But, truly earning the Ground Defense badges/ribbon are difficult to get legitimately.  You have to practice using TOWS, HJ-8s, and MMGs ... going up against APCs and Tanks also takes some timing (you don't want to enter the TOW/HJ-8 until you can get your shot off because most armor whores know GD locations, and when that alarm sounds they will immediatly put lead on your position).  One other thing that makes this a difficult badge to get legitimately is that you have to be in just the right battle situation to have the opportunities.  So it takes a lot of patience and thinking and luck.

When I finally got the Vet Ground Defense, it was one of the most satisfying drum rolls I've had in this game.

(I would guess that under 5% of BF2 players get the GD and AD badges legit ... the rest use the cheap commander-arty technique).
youre the one who made a thread bitching about the commander method.

i got my vet on karkand and my expert on ghost town.. both without the commander assistance.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6649|Washington DC

spawnofthemist wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

When I finally got the Vet Ground Defense, it was one of the most satisfying drum rolls I've had in this game.

i got my vet on karkand and my expert on ghost town.. both without the commander assistance.
I didn't make a thread bitching about it ... I made a thread asking for stories of how people got the Expert Ground Defense without the commander method.   But, unfortunately, I used the phrase "commander padding" and then all hell broke loose, the thread was hijacked, and I was invited to participate in a  homosexual act. 

Last edited by OrangeHound (2006-07-17 06:17:04)

spawnofthemist
Banned

OrangeHound wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

I didn't make a thread bitching about it ... I made a thread asking for stories of how people got the Expert Ground Defense without the commander method.   But, unfortunately, I used the phrase "commander padding" and then all hell broke loose, the thread was hijacked, and I was invited to participate in a  homosexual act. 
yeah if the word padding appears ANYWHERE on the forums.. we kinda bitch about it.. cos really.. no one cares about it.

and the shampooing of the crotch thing... well.. SiMSaM16 has lice you see.. he was only asking for your help

edit: typing too fast results in spelling errors

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-07-17 06:31:54)

Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6494|Sydney, Australia
Yeah you definitely can, but it really depends on your situation. Wake, airfield, machine gun implacement is a good bet, but like I said depends on your situation. If the other team has heaps of snipers, don't bother, otherwise fire away!
Thump-GoA-
Thump the ARTY finder!!
+31|6660
Warlord Palace....we had 3rd floor and they were down to last spawn on second floor.  Just mow them down as they come out the door.  I was in a squad and got it without command.

https://www.goa-hq.com/screen-shots/expert-ground.jpg

Got Expert AA on Ghost Town as squad leader.  Don't have SS of that tho.
Drumedor
Oops, who put that tree there?
+17|6545|BorĂ¥s, Sweden
TOW at the Hotell on Sharqi, how I got my expert anyway.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard