Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6751|London

np

Does anyone know if 1.4 is ranked? I know the rank sign shows on some servers, but it showed one one server with the USI mod, and that wasnt ranked.

So is it ranked or not? It would be pretty stupid if it was, I mean in infantry only anyone can just walk around with shock paddles out and be invinceable.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6641

Whats the difference between a BEta and a Official release of a patch?
ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6612

Gooners wrote:

In theory the BETA shouldn't be allowed in ranked server... because before we players try it, they fix the main problems we get and then they release the official one for RANKED server too.
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6701|Sweden

Gooners wrote:

In a BETA you can expect it to be unfinished and it feels a little halfdone. All games Betatests first before release. But now EA/Dice are using us as testers and we can go their official forum and say what is wrong/god/bad/crap/great about this patch.
-=ThC=-ThaShadow
Smoke weed every day...
+18|6562|Made in Holland
At last EA/Dice are admitting that they can`t produce a patch theirselves, so why not use the whole world to solve your problems... *squeek squeek* im a lab-rat
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6706|Germany
Hmm,to me the Beta is just a fix for CTD bugs and a very nice map as a bonus(from what I've seen in singleplayer Road to Jalalabad seems to be a sniper's heaven).

I don't give a sh*t about the infantry only setting,I'm playing only on 64 player servers anyway and Battlefield without vehicles is like Counterstrike without guns.
And from what I've read here in the forums the health changes seem just ridiculous to me.
l41e
+677|6657

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Hmm,to me the Beta is just a fix for CTD bugs and a very nice map as a bonus(from what I've seen in singleplayer Road to Jalalabad seems to be a sniper's heaven).

I don't give a sh*t about the infantry only setting,I'm playing only on 64 player servers anyway and Battlefield without vehicles is like Counterstrike without guns.
And from what I've read here in the forums the health changes seem just ridiculous to me.
They are ridiculous, a block of C4 planted on your foot does 1/2 damage + 1 bar from falling to an unarmored class...
Sea_JayUK
+19|6532|Notts

fierce wrote:

Nizza findizzle Dauntless - Plus One.

LOL.  Download a beta patch?  Are you guys nuts?
What's the difference to an official release USMarine2005?
Nothing except this time we are supposed to EXPECT problems
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6558|San Diego, CA, USA
Was the Dragon Valley glitch fixed?
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6732|Toronto, ON, CAN
Which dragon valley glitch? the Invisible wall out in the water? or the CTD glitch? From what I have heard neither. (I never had the CTD for that map, but I did run into the 'wall' again for no reason).
ssulli
+17|6709|Raleigh, North Carolina
I made a YouTube video of "Road to Jalalabad" and a few things in 1.4 beta.  I'll post it here since I dont think it deserves its own thread.  It's my first attempt at making a video of any kind and YouTube seems to have destroyed the quality.  http://youtube.com/watch?v=mIcZJ8Rb6jw
el.fleisch
+52|6753|Germany

ssulli wrote:

I made a YouTube video of "Road to Jalalabad" and a few things in 1.4 beta.  I'll post it here since I dont think it deserves its own thread.  It's my first attempt at making a video of any kind and YouTube seems to have destroyed the quality.  http://youtube.com/watch?v=mIcZJ8Rb6jw
nice +1
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6530|Istanbul-Turkey
https://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8470/beta23mk.jpg

enough said....
l41e
+677|6657

Sea_JayUK wrote:

fierce wrote:

Nizza findizzle Dauntless - Plus One.

LOL.  Download a beta patch?  Are you guys nuts?
What's the difference to an official release USMarine2005?
Nothing except this time we are supposed to EXPECT problems
Wrong. That's not the difference. We expect problems anyway, the difference is this time EA/DICE are condoning it.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6536|Belgium

thanks for the video mate +1!
Timelord_
+25|6546
Mirror up at

www.mybrokencomputer.com in the downloads area.

Cheers!
st3r
+0|6599|Wellington
In all hope. Did they return the BlackHAwk to GOD of the SKIES!!!?>!?!
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6701|Sweden

st3r wrote:

no. where did you get this from?

BTW: Performance has been improved, in my computer anyways.......

My graphics in 1.3: (Note the 640*480 resolution)
https://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7373/screen1092io.jpg

And in 1.4 Beta 1:
https://img336.imageshack.us/img336/1351/screen1977rj.jpg
st3r
+0|6599|Wellington

JON.ANTONSSON wrote:

st3r wrote:

no. where did you get this from?

BTW: Performance has been improved, in my computer anyways.......

My graphics in 1.3: (Note the 640*480 resolution)
[url]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7373/screen1092io.jpg[/url]

And in 1.4 Beta 1:
[url]http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/1351/screen1977rj.jpg[/url]
Not sure what you mean their boss.

The 1.4 Beta Release is a great step forward from EA it shows me that they care and want to produce a better 1.4 patch for us, the money spending flaming grabites that love this game. No matter what shitty issues it has. Hence why they are releasing a beta for public testing. This is definitely a positive step forward. It shows me they want to make it happen. Looking forward to the 1.4 Official release on the 20th

Last edited by st3r (2006-07-06 15:43:26)

0akleaves
+183|6623|Newcastle UK
I hope they have increased performance in 1.12 i could run this game at all high 90fps now i have to have it at all low to get 90, low gfx suck.

I recently played unpatched bf2 not only is it better i get around 3 times my 1.3 frame rate.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Snoopie66
To kill you i like!
+19|6543|Berlin, Germany

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Totally agree on that! +1 for you
Dutchman-195
Ea & Dice Hater Fan Club
+17|6529|Oro Valley-Tucson, AZ

Snoopie66 wrote:

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Totally agree on that! +1 for you
YES YES YES...+1 to both of you
alpinestar
+304|6605|New York City baby.
Gameplay Summary
This is the first gameplay feedback summary reported back into the development team after the release of the 1.4 beta patch.

This summary is broken down into the various categories of feedback. In each case the most commonly requested change is listed first.

Infantry only mode
No change to health in infantry only mode - health for infantry should be exactly the same as it is in “regular” mode. This request has 100% support. All that was required for infantry mode was that the vehicles were removed, nothing else. Typical comment : “OMG, you messed again with gameplay... why the hell did you increase the health?!?”

Consider keeping jeep-class vehicles in for this mode.

Road to Jalalabad
Generally positive about the map layout, although it needs fine tuning.

The wind sound is annoying. As is the background music.

(Bug?) Commander vehicle drop delivers two vehicles.

Miscellaneous
Balance the J-10, it is overpowered.

Check map balance generally – the feeling is that many maps give an advantage to one side over the other.

Improve the Blackhawk guns.

Improve ground-based AA.

Rework the crouch/prone/bunnyhopping to be more effective.

Allow crouch/prone to be carried out more quickly.

Further summaries will be submitted during the beta period.

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph … p;start=30

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what they intend to do as far as tuning for beta, you guys better state your fucking voices otherwise if they fuck with AA again you won't be able to fly choppers for another 2 months.....

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-07-06 21:45:15)

slo5oh
+28|6670
My first couple hours playing tonight only highlighting the couple things I noticed that SUCK

Still get same "connection to server has been lost" after about 10 to 15 seconds of loading a new game UNLESS I set affinity to only use 1 processor.  I'm running a opteron 165.  I'm sorry but that's pitiful if EA can't make the game simply use 1 processor without error.

When on Blackhawk MG put about 5 to 7 seconds of direct fire on a enemy attack chopper and as I died and fell from the blackhawk the enemy chopper was NOT EVEN SMOKING!  I'm sorry but real world the .50 cal Minigun mounted on the blackhawk would rip through and destroy anything short of heavy tank armor in 1 to 2 seconds.  With the amount of fire I put on that enemy chopper it should have been either long dead or VERY close to dead.

I didn't look, but did the allow for wide screen resolutions in the settings now?  I'm running 1440x900 and would like to be able to enter the settings window from inside the game instead of doing a command line hack to the shortcut.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6850
So can you play ranked games with the 1.4 beta

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard