+186|6568|The real world
I use my mouse, mx1000 ftw
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6710|Australia

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

Arcaneslayer is in ark with me, 26:1 in jets, he uses kb and mouse, although he plays wake 26:1
All that bloke does is play Gamearena wake only and bomb the carrier, Nothing Else. And keyboard works very well for me KDR 13 with 19800 kills.
i know that and said that, he has skills though, even though its wake and ga he is really really good
Ummm Not really. I can get his scores very easily if all i do is rape the carrier to. As long as you can aim your bombs and know how to take out the ESSEX you are guaranteed 70+ IAR.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6705|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
rofl, go do it now, and take a screeny or 2 to show me, not old screenies, new ones, since "I can get his scores very easily"
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6710|Australia

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

rofl, go do it now, and take a screeny or 2 to show me, not old screenies, new ones, since "I can get his scores very easily"
I would but i've only ever gotten a J-10 on wake 3 times. Yes i've been counting. I don't know how arcaneslayer does it. I get tked constantly on the server.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6705|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
ok then since you wont, his br onw ake 225, yours 161, both from j10, so...
Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6676|Colorado
Keyboard Ftw!!!
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6710|Australia

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

ok then since you wont, his br onw ake 225, yours 161, both from j10, so...
OK... He's better than me, i admit it. Is that it now?
themanmythlegend
+13|6519
i fly keyboard only man!! i thought i was the only one in this world that did that
LOLtacular
+10|6533
Mouse + Keyboard is better than Joystick once you master the controls for one simple reason. I've never met anyone who was able to map the spot radial to a joystick and be able to use it. If you're flying with a keyboard on someone's tail or you do a head-to-head flyby, you can spot them and follow them very easily, even when they leave your screen thanks to the flashing 'enemy jet' icon moving about on your radar.

I use a generic optical mouse and $10 keyboard and have gotten to a 11+ KDR in jets, and have NEVER bombed a UCB (I play on rule servers).
SargeV1.41(tempfix)
+2|6517

LOLtacular wrote:

Mouse + Keyboard is better than Joystick once you master the controls for one simple reason. I've never met anyone who was able to map the spot radial to a joystick and be able to use it. If you're flying with a keyboard on someone's tail or you do a head-to-head flyby, you can spot them and follow them very easily, even when they leave your screen thanks to the flashing 'enemy jet' icon moving about on your radar.

I use a generic optical mouse and $10 keyboard and have gotten to a 11+ KDR in jets, and have NEVER bombed a UCB (I play on rule servers).
I have spot bound to my joystick. And proper mouselook. And a switch to tv guided and fire button.

I rarely spot at all. 3 views is all I need to see where you've gone and how I should fly.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6600|Your attic
woah, whats up with your name sarge??

Oh and I'm a pure stick flyer for jets, but if I didn't have a stick I'd use a keyboard as it allows constant movement unlike a mouse.
TheSoprano
Tony Cipriani
+32|6523|Woodbridge, Ontario
I Fly Keyboard Only
-=5TON3D
+42|6543|u.k

LOLtacular wrote:

ive got 1 press spot setup on a joypad button,i use jot2key thats in the downloads section on here.
to set it up do this,

1.bind the spot pull up window in bf2 control options to a jpad button.
2.then bind the same button in joy2key but change the buttons action to mouse1.

set the keys in that order & it'll work no probs,& when you press the button ingame it'll pull up the window & spot on 1 press.
|SoW|BlackFire
C4 WHORE
+67|6726|Colorado
The keyboard in the only thing I use to fly.
It's easy to use, but then again, so is a JoyStick.

But Keyboard Flying FTW!!!
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6667|WPB, FL. USA
I've used both and I can't seem to maneuver fast enough with the keyboard.  When I'm in a dog fight I will lose almost every time against someone who has a joystick - that's just me and maybe some of you fly better {more like a lot of u}. 

As far as the J10 - that thing is just as juiced-up as much as Barry Bonds is and it's made to pwn {even Dice admitted it at a conference in Stockholm}.

"as I'm going down in flames, shouting things my mother would be ashamed to hear, wishing I had a joystick"

Kaboom.
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6744|DUTCH snap ik!
i use keyboard
glopje_nl
+21|6679|HOLLAND
mouse and keyboard and i can make round on wake 60kills - 0 deaths  with 64 players
i dont think i get much better when i use a joystick
|SoW|MuskieKilla
+7|6800|Colorado Springs
keyboard only is the only way to go when flying throw out that mouse and joystick.
-MIKI3.
+70|6652|The Netherlands

-MIKI3. wrote:

Joystick > all
a joystick is just much better (see sargerv1.4's post). I use a joystick even though I cant deny that I will get owned by guys like Sgt_Bob05 and stryyker but when you just start flying a joystick is better IMO.
edit: I use joystick + keyboard
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6815|The planet Tophet
i dont fly jets often but when i do i use keyboard works good for me
Phrozenbot
+632|6625|do not disturb

IMO, I'd rather fly a jet using a joystick. I pilot helis with mouse and keyboard and damn is it fun.
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6556|inside your nose.
Keyboard ONLY for both the jet and heli.. Keyboard Only FTW!!!
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6815|The planet Tophet

AirForceOne1 wrote:

Keyboard ONLY for both the jet and heli.. Keyboard Only FTW!!!
YEAH THATS RIGHT !!!!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725
keyboard only is too slow... G5 paired w/ G15 = teh pure pwnage
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6636|Canada
i fly keyboard...thats why i have under 2 hours as aviator. i only fly when im on a server full of newbs and they go straight for armor. not helo, not jet. so im like, wut the hell, i'll practice sum.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard