priznat
+0|6844
Ok, perhaps kind of juvenile.. But I miss blood in the game! Much more visceral than just the crosshair "X" appearing when you score a hit..

Heck, why not the full soldier of fortune route where limbs can be blown off etc.. This is a WAR simulation right? Let's have some gore!!

I wonder if it would be possible to add that stuff with mods in the future.. I'm sure EA would rather it not get added though to maintain the family-friendly fare..

I just find it kind of bizarre how you can blow people away with every kind of modern weapon available short of nuclear weapons and they don't show a drop of hemoglobin!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

The puffs of smoke that come off someone when you shoot them were orginially red blood splatter. I am, however, quite sure they changed this in order to get a lower ESRB rating.
priznat
+0|6844

chuyskywalker wrote:

The puffs of smoke that come off someone when you shoot them were orginially red blood splatter. I am, however, quite sure they changed this in order to get a lower ESRB rating.
Heh, yep.. If we learned one thing from the GTA:SA "Hot Coffee" fiasco, it is how important and relevant the ESRB ratings are!

Ahh.. soldier of fortune.. now *that* was a mind-warper for the kiddies!

"Look mommy his ARM came right off!!"
blue60007
+0|6841
Personally I think having blood and getting an M rating for the game limits your income on the game a lot, so I think its better to get a T rating. Oh and in real life, not too often do spurts of blood fly out of a body when shot, maybe if your arm gets blown off, but not from a bullet hit. Or sometimes if a body part is just clipped it may spray a bit of blood, but other than that you could have blood stain the clothes the person is wearing...
MardukeV
+0|6834|Washington, DC
i think small blood stains on clothing would be nice, but full blown gore wouldnt really appeal to me...

and when the medic comes to heal you, like he should, you can have a bandage on the wound!
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6837|Cheshire, UK

blue60007 wrote:

but other than that you could have blood stain the clothes the person is wearing...
Would that require a further support  kit?
- Engineer
- Support
- Medic
- Dry Cleaner

MardukeV wrote:

and when the medic comes to heal you, like he should, you can have a bandage on the wound!
Resulting in a whole load of guys running about the field covered from head to toe in bloodstained bandages with their shirts ripped open exposing their slightly charred nipples from all the defib action they've seen.

Loving this thread.

Last edited by duffry (2005-08-15 15:48:56)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6830

duffry wrote:

blue60007 wrote:

but other than that you could have blood stain the clothes the person is wearing...
- Engineer
- Support
- Medic
- Dry Cleaner

MardukeV wrote:

Resulting in a whole load of guys running about the field covered from head to toe in bloodstained bandages with their shirts ripped open exposing their slightly charred nipples from all the defib action they've seen.

Loving this thread.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Domineac
+0|6827
that is the funniest thing I have heard some one say
The-Ahriman
Bullet Spammer
+2|6840|Tamworth, Australia
What about a mod: BF2:Soccer
where when someone gets sniped in the head, their head comes off and everyone gets to play soccer with it. First team to score, say, 3 points get a random spawnpoint, and then everyone goes back to fighting again.

/me played Blood alot when it was out (way back when)
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6838|Cologne, Germany

duffry wrote:

blue60007 wrote:

- Engineer
- Support
- Medic
- Dry Cleaner

MardukeV wrote:

Loving this thread.
oh boy, I just wet myself....hilarious...
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
Good stuff...they should also limp around if they have say one bar of health left.  I mean come on, if he stubs his toe at this point he dies, he should be limping!
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6845|San Francisco

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Good stuff...they should also limp around if they have say one bar of health left.  I mean come on, if he stubs his toe at this point he dies, he should be limping!
That would suck!

JoeShmoe (Blackhawk) TriggerHappy998
SammyKillalot (G36) Nooblet
Lassie (Knife) Stabbedguy
tF-voodoochild is no more (stubbed toe)

hehe
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-

tF-voodoochild wrote:

CMDR_Dave wrote:

That would suck!

hehe
Wait, how did Stabbedguy die on both teams
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6837|Cheshire, UK

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Ok, lets run with this for a bit and see where it takes us...

Any player who has endured sufficiently traumatic situations should freak out and either sit in a quivering, catatonic haep or start trying to hug everyone to 'make friends'.
((Player's_cool_factor) - ((1 * (enemy_deaths) x 1/(distance_from_death))+(2 * (friendly_deaths) * 1/(distance_from_death)))

Too many lapses and the the player starts to suffer from PTSD and has to retire to a farm in Nebraska
((Rank - Days_since_last_episode) - (total_episodes * (1/Player's_cool_factor))
Conrules1
+0|6827
Better weapons need to be available to everyone.  Helicopters and jets have too much of an advantage.  Very little to shoot them down with and numerous hits don't hurt them.  Having to hit a tank 3 to 4 times with a rocket is too much also.  2 would be plenty.
maltese_pidgeon
Bleeder
+2|6834|Sunnyvale, CA

Conrules1 wrote:

Better weapons need to be available to everyone.  Helicopters and jets have too much of an advantage.  Very little to shoot them down with and numerous hits don't hurt them.  Having to hit a tank 3 to 4 times with a rocket is too much also.  2 would be plenty.
wha?!?  does this have anything to do with blood?

this thread is quite funny, esp. duffry, who tried to turn BF2 into a popularity contest with the introduction of the "cool factor."
priznat
+0|6844
Perhaps the MEC guys could have giant scimitars instead of knives.. Yeah!
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6845|San Francisco

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

He didn't... *shifty eyes*
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6837|Cheshire, UK

priznat wrote:

Yeah, and the Vietnamese could have bloody great plantation knives...   ...haaaang on...!

maltese_pidgeon wrote:

Conrules1 wrote:

blood, n.
One of the four humors of ancient and medieval physiology, identified with the blood found in blood vessels, and thought to cause cheerfulness; like a really big gun.

Last edited by duffry (2005-08-17 03:11:39)

maltese_pidgeon
Bleeder
+2|6834|Sunnyvale, CA

duffry wrote:

priznat wrote:

Yeah, and the Vietnamese could have bloody great plantation knives...   ...haaaang on...!

maltese_pidgeon wrote:

Conrules1 wrote:

blood, n.
One of the four humors of ancient and medieval physiology, identified with the blood found in blood vessels, and thought to cause cheerfulness; like a really big gun.
haha, ok
and i guess with really big guns come really big splashes, unreal anyone? Wow that would be something to see, direct hit by an arty shell and...
priznat
+0|6844

duffry wrote:

blood, n.
I thought The Beatles said happiness is a *warm* gun!
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-

tF-voodoochild wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Hey! That's not nice! Stupid Blackhawks....
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6837|Cheshire, UK

tF-voodoochild wrote:

CMDR_Dave wrote:

That would suck!

Awww...cummon, that would just be like BFV. Many a time I sustained what was, if not very nearly, then very actually, a fatal injury from falling down the last three stairs. It was a real lesson to me cos I thought the US sent their troops over with some PT under their belt and were required to have passed at least a rudimentary physical. It turns out that they actually used arthritic old pensioners who's bones were so brittle that they were liable to snap in a stiff breeze.

No wonder they lost (drew)!

Last edited by duffry (2005-08-17 12:14:49)

tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6845|San Francisco

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Hey! That's not nice! Stupid Blackhawks....
teehee!

duffry wrote:

Awww...cummon, that would just be like BFV. Many a time I sustained what was, if not very nearly, then very actually, a fatal injury from falling down the last three stairs. It was a real lesson to me cos I thought the US sent their troops over with some PT under their belt and were required to have passed at least a rudimentary physical. It turns out that they actually used arthritic old pensioners who's bones were so brittle that they were liable to snap in a stiff breeze.

No wonder they lost (drew)!
I always seem to manage hurting myself when running down staircases in bf2 as well... apparently they haven't reformed the enlistment standards much since vietnam.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
Nothing worse than jumping off the building and the parachute fails to open, ouch!  Almost as bad as stubbin the toe running down stairs. 

Have you ever noticed how when you see someone jumping, they seem to be leaning forward like head first towards the ground?  But then your view if you're the jumper never changes from the upright standing position?  Kinda weird.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard