Poll

Should EA give us more smoke grenades in the next patch?

Yes93%93% - 70
No6%6% - 5
Total: 75
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6707|Illinois
In my opinion it sucks that we only get one smoke grenade, anyone agree?
Metamort
+19|6693
Agreed! And it takes forever to reload them from supply crates or ammo packs that are being held (It's instant if they're thrown onto the ground, but you still only get one)

And why can we hold 3 flashbangs and 6 20mm grenade launcher rounds but only one smoke and 4 handgrenades (with G3)

We need at least 3 smokes, preferably 4-6.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6693|United States of America
I agree. The smoke doesn't even conceal much. It'd rock to have a Call of Duty 2-esque amount of smoke. They could at least give it to more than one player type anyway.
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6530
They have to be 3 GOOD smoke grenades with ALOT of smoke so theyre used for cover more. Think you throw a smoke grenade and then throw in a few grenades after it. The enemy walks into the smoke but they dont see the grenades. Or if theres a tank you throw a smoke grenade for cover and youll escape hopefully. Or throw it as a decoy for snipers.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6655
wow look i just made a post about 2 mins before asking the exact same
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6707|Illinois
I know you did, that's why I created the poll
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6576
Even if i never play Assault, i agree that the actual Smoke Grenades are a joke. They should increase the duration of Smoke grenades and setup an higher amount of them - not exceeding 2 or maybe 3, because i still want to see something on the Battlefield and Smoke Grenades will get overused if you got a high amount of them and a longer smoke duration.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6651|England
How about 3 multi coloured ones?

Red, Blue Geen smoke anyone?

I mean, they can do it for SL orders

Last edited by Sgt.Davi (2006-06-26 12:20:01)

pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6655
i want a firework display
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6715|67.222.138.85
They give you three flashbangs but only one smoke grenade... gj EA
XIthRyker
+7|6662

DesertFox423 wrote:

I agree. The smoke doesn't even conceal much. It'd rock to have a Call of Duty 2-esque amount of smoke. They could at least give it to more than one player type anyway.
CoD2 has too much smoke. It literally makes you blind. I ran into an enemy and we actually walked into each other because we could see anyone infront of us. Maybe the same as 2 of the tank smoke screns would be good.
zulu
+8|6673

pure_beef_69 wrote:

i want a firework display
How about some whistling Pete's. They give off lots of smoke. And would be a great distraction

Last edited by zulu (2006-06-26 12:29:31)

-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6765|Cardiff, Wales
Yeah, more smoke nades is a must and they have to be more effective, barely do anything at the moment, c'mon DICE sort it out!
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6568|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
i like smoke and i like throwing stuff.... so yes more would be cool... oh and i agree with pure beef on fireworks... id like some roman candles and jumping jacks
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6567|The real world
I just like the sound of the mec one trowing one, COEMBLA HIRACHIA
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6657|South Korea.
3 would be nice, one doesent even count for me, I use it too stop tanks from seeing C4 guys...I think that's about it, and then I forget I even had one.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6769
The area of smoke is ok - the problem is the duration. I say double it and give the assault 6 smoke grenades.

I use it too stop tanks from seeing C4 guys
Thats noble of you - I normally use to escape from tanks if there's no cover nearby.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6567|The real world
Teeksy90
Superior lord
+150|6635|Norway
I agree, more smoke for the people. But what about the delay on those things? I mean, you see a tank coming towards you, you are in the middle of an open area, but to the left of you there is a building to hide behind, still it's too far to run to un-noticed. Sooooo you drop to the floor and bring out your smoke-nade and throw it infront of you. Waiting...waiting....waiting...POOOFF, you know, it takes forever (5 secs actually) for the smoke to pop, and in that time the tank has blown you of to Limbo. And even when it pops before the tank has seen you, the smoke disperses in all directions besides in front of you, so you are standing in this ring of smoke doing the ragdoll dance with lead in your chest/head/right arm/left arm/right foot/left foot/pelvis/back/neck/pinky etc. So bottom line is, decrease the fuse time on the smoke nade and increase the density.
Aerick
+2|6557|Bay Area
More smoke grenades would be, IMO, a huge improvement for the assault class.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard