1tdiestoday
+2|6749
For my first post, id like to say i finally got basic knife. not too bad. got it with about 160 tickets left. my 7th the kill, i literally chased this guy around for about 30 seconds on karkland. he didnt know i was there, but i couldnt seem to catch up with him. i cant wait till expert knife
Chazflyz
+1|6839
Congrats.   I just recently got my veteran knife badge (was just working on the 7 kills in one round- already had the total kills requirement a while back).   

I find Sharqi peninsula a much better place for knife kills because of the abundance of snipers laying around.  I use my 5.1 surround sound to pinpoint them and sneak up on them.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6817
one of these days... i will get my knife badge. i always get three or four then for the rest of the round get viciously slaughtered as i try to stab people.
gearpig
+6|6759|SoCal
Look for a kinves & pistols only server, I got mine there in about 15 minutes. Second to that, I'd go into a large populated Karkand and go nuts, don't play it safe just run ape-sh!t at everyone swinging your knife.
chickenmuncher
+2|6748| U.S.A.
I got my friends basic knife for him one day, when I didn't have my account yet. 64 people at karkand, just wait next the the opening in the fence when you see someone just click and you got yourself a kill. ( have a VERY responsive mouse for best results)
WormGuts
+17|6791|Dayton, Ohio

gearpig wrote:

Look for a kinves & pistols only server, I got mine there in about 15 minutes. Second to that, I'd go into a large populated Karkand and go nuts, don't play it safe just run ape-sh!t at everyone swinging your knife.
DON'T follow this advice.  Knife and pistol server only players accounts have been reset by EA from time to time to discourage this kind of badge acquisition.  EA hates the bastardization of their game by this means.  They have been working on a way to fix this problem, but are as yet unsuccesful.  Get then on a knives/pistols only server at your own risk.
Vinny
+7|6772| The Dirtty Dirtty
I need my BASIC KNIFE to get to First Sergent and i need it FASTR only 82 POINTS away form it i need a LOT of playing to do.
Nexa
+2|6752
I just got basic knife, got my 7th kill in the last few seconds on Karkand.  Suicide knifing is the way forward for this one; run into group of enemy swing away and prepare to die
RKF77
+1|6748

Chazflyz wrote:

I find Sharqi peninsula a much better place for knife kills because of the abundance of snipers laying around.
And on Wake Island, northmost spawn.  Wait until the opposing team has it, and then sneak down the beach on the east side...creep up the hill, and one can usually find an abundance of snipers and/or AT personnel waiting for an assault.  Lather, rinse, repeat.
checkered_jedi
+0|6743
i got mine on karkand with suicide knifing it was fun yet hard as back then my computer lagged alot so it was impossible but i did it today i got my veteren pistol i was going crazy it was alot of fun
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6761

Like i said in the other thread, you don't have to sneak up to kill with a knife. That's the easy way, go man to man with a DAO and try it then.

Yeah i did it.

Once.

After he killed me thrice.
m4sopmod
+1|6751
I just got my XPERT knife today. WOOT !!! Been trying for 2 weeks.

Tips
1. Go for a Karkand map with 12-20 ppl/64 player map
2. Request UAV all the time or be a commander
3. Zoom your map to the max once you spot ur target

Last edited by m4sopmod (2005-11-10 07:41:08)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6749
Got my basic yesterday on Karkand 20v20. In 1 round from the 1st try. +got more kills than deaths and ended round on the 3rd place + didnt do suicidal runs. Hmm I guess its just luck But anyway if u want to go for knife:
1. take assault or antitank(better cuz u will not be able to shoot from the long range and prepare urself for the knife combat)
2. The best place for knife kills its the flag near railroad or on the hill.
3. Dont run around 2 much.
4. Wait near the stairs
5. When someone is going up jump down and run upstairs (enemy who goes up usually dont look around)
6. Try to go for the ppl who is laying, so they cant move fast(dont go for the snipers, almost every1 uses claymors).
6. Cut! Cut! Cut!

Thats it, prolly looks stupid but it works
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6771|NRW,Germany
ARGH... Almost got my Basic Knife Badge yesterday. Two times I ended up with 6 knife kills

There was a squad of 2 base camping snipers and one Spec Op who were always in the same spot at the US Main Base on 64 FuShee Pass. I got all three of them two times but when I noticed that I only need one more knife kill there were only 20 tickets left and just as I was about to knife my last victim I got shot by one of my teammates.

Then I was banned from the server as one of the snipers was the admin...
So I changed servers and played on Kubra Dam as MEC Sniper and again manged to get 6 knife kills with about 100 tickets left but then there was not even a single opportunity to get another knife kill as the US players were driving around in vehicles for the rest of the round.
1tdiestoday
+2|6749
tiggalot. i checked your stats. the only way possible to get first sgt. now is if you get 7 kills your next time out, because your already at 43 kills.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6793|Barrington, RI
basic knife. 

On Karkand go to the alleways ont the lef hand side of the map playing as USMC.  wait near the two alleways that lead out to near the Hotel CP. pretty soon there will be MEC troops spawning there, and you will get seven kills very quickly if you keep switching from alleway to alleway and just chasing down MEC soldiers.  if the USMC takes the hotel CP very early in the round then try something esle, like waiting at one of the CP's that you know the MEC are going to try and retake while the majority of your team is occupied elsewhere.

On Sharqi run around the construction site CP with your knife oout as either side and just chase down your victims until you hit 7.  or when playing as the USMC early on in the game run to the MEC's closest base, near the water tower and wait for the snipers to start settling in and then knife them, run away and hide and then repeat.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6771|NRW,Germany

1tdiestoday wrote:

tiggalot. i checked your stats. the only way possible to get first sgt. now is if you get 7 kills your next time out, because your already at 43 kills.
I don´t know if you need the 50 kills before the beginnig of the round where you perform those 7 knife kills to get veteran knife just as the time/score requirements for other awards.

If I now make 5 knife kills in one round and manage to get another one in the next round there shouldn´t be much of a problem even if I make 8 in the following round.

I would like to try one of those knife only servers but as the rest of my life acts by murphy´s law I will get my account reseted for shure even if I would disconnect right after getting that stupid badge.

I hate the tought but I think my only hope to get basic knife is asking one of my mates if he is willing to get knifed by me seven times in a round.

Last edited by Tigg@lot (2005-11-10 12:16:12)

RKF77
+1|6748

Tigg@lot wrote:

I don´t know if you need the 50 kills before the beginnig of the round where you perform those 7 knife kills to get veteran knife just as the time/score requirements for other awards.
You do.

Just like you need 15hrs with a certain kit BEFORE you log in to get a veteran combat badge.

If you're going after vet knife, you'll need the 50 kills before you get 7 in a round...at least, that's how I've always understood it.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6771|NRW,Germany

RKF77 wrote:

Tigg@lot wrote:

You do.

Just like you need 15hrs with a certain kit BEFORE you log in to get a veteran combat badge.

If you're going after vet knife, you'll need the 50 kills before you get 7 in a round...at least, that's how I've always understood it.
Then I still only have 2-3 rounds left until I either get my 50th kill or my basic badge.
RKF77
+1|6748

1tdiestoday wrote:

Errr...what?  He doesn't even have his basic knife badge yet.  You need basic to get veteran.

For example, if you have 55 kills with a knife and THEN get your 7 in a round, you only get basic knife...to get veteran knife you have to get basic knife first.   You can't "jump" badges.

Even if he's got expert knife and pistol when 20,000 comes around, he'll still get 1st Sergeant if he has all the other combat badges.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6749

RKF77 wrote:

1tdiestoday wrote:

Errr...what?  He doesn't even have his basic knife badge yet.  You need basic to get veteran.

For example, if you have 55 kills with a knife and THEN get your 7 in a round, you only get basic knife...to get veteran knife you have to get basic knife first.   You can't "jump" badges.

Even if he's got expert knife and pistol when 20,000 comes around, he'll still get 1st Sergeant if he has all the other combat badges.
Not really. To get First Sgt. You should have basic knife before you got 20,000 otherways you will get Master Sgt.  and wait until your next rank. If you get your knife badge after you passed your 20,000 checkpoint you will not get a First sgt. The problem is that there is a bug occurs so if you have veteran knife instead of basic game may not recognize it. So good luck in getting this badge.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2005-11-10 14:38:53)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

came close yesterday. Within one fuckin' kill. I got a quick three in a row as they ran around a corner. it was so sweet. Spen the rest of the time getting three more, and getting shot a hell of a lot,  but the seventh evaded me. I get basic and veteran when I finally do get it.

Gearpig: That sounds like a kind of cheap option - especially in BF2. Getting a knife badge while bullets are flying and tanks are rolling requires REAL skill.

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-11-10 14:57:18)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RKF77
+1|6748

Tyferra wrote:

I get basic and veteran when I finally do get it.
What does this mean?
RKF77
+1|6748

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

The problem is that there is a bug occurs so if you have veteran knife instead of basic game may not recognize it.
I was unaware of this bug...thanks for the info.
BladeRunner
+5|6746|UK

RKF77 wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

I get basic and veteran when I finally do get it.
What does this mean?
Yea I don't think it works like that...you'll get basic...then have to do the necessary kills/round to get the veteran...do a search i'm sure this has been discussed already.

Last edited by BladeRunner (2005-11-10 16:02:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard