AMTXP
+13|6670|California, USA
Before I get into what I'm posting this about, I first want to say that I have had little/no problems with the v1.3 patch. I'm perfectly ok with how BF2 is. There are others that aren't however, they are not happy how EA is using their $50-100 to produce patches that stop the game from working. And I hear them.

Although I am not experiencing many bugs myself, many others are. If you think about the recent patches and the bugs that came along with them, you may start to wonder what the heck can produce a glitch like this? I may not know a lot about programming games, but I don't understand what could possibly make your favorites disappear by clicking the 'Refresh' button. Or many of the other well known BF2 glitches for that matter.

It starting to look like, at least to me, that EA wants everyone to get stop playing BF2. Ever since the first hint of a next Battlefield game the patches started to go down hill. So if you believe EA is screwing with the BF2 patches to get BF2 players to spend more money on another Battlefield game, boycott it! If your fed up with all the glitches, boycott BF2142! Or if you just hate EA in general, boycott BF2142! Not only are you showing your dedication to BF2, your saving yourself from buying a $50 mod.

The only way to get EA to listen is to hurt their business. Not with a petition that EA ignores, but with physical money loss. Show them that the BF2 community would support this game for years to come if it would just work right. They're spending thousands of dollars making BF2142, lets make it a complete waste of their time and money. Who's with me?

- Andrew

Last edited by AMTXP (2006-06-07 17:44:33)

-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6575|Oslo, Norway
I was only reading the headline, but anyway, I sure wont buy it!;D
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6696|Middle of nowhere
eh, i'll buy it

MECH WHORE FTW!!
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6644|Britain and Damn proud of it!
A... interesting theory, but think about it ,out of the 17,180 members of this site some double accounts some not used at all, seriously think of how many are going to be bothered to do something like this, even if every person on this site did boycott it i doubt it would make a dent in EA/DICE's profit margin, we have got people all over the world who have never been or heard of this site, many are going to be buying 2142, its a nice idea but 17,180 people aren't going to make much of a difference.

Personally i'm going to be buying 2142 if it turns into a Battlefront 2 back to the shop or E-bay it goes.

Last edited by =|A mere Shadow|= (2006-06-07 12:45:04)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6738|California

why dont you boycott BF2? its the game thats having trouble ffs
Madhadda1
+270|6562|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
im in
-madhadda1
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6793
There are just to many people around the world having like 200 people now buy it would not even put a dent in EA/DICE's pocket....

Tuff
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6615|Seattle

I'm sorry but I'm already boycotting boycotting.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
ATC
+58|6762|...
Not gonna work. The other bf2 boykott didnt work, wat makes you think that this will?
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6661|Cumberland, MD, USA
As already stated, too many people will buy 2142 for all of us to put a dent on EA's wallet. Personally, I'm not getting 2142.
Slap & Tickle
+-1|6552
This is what I say to stupid threads like these: I like pizza.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6851
Well,  I think wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh

Also, wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH

Furthermore, wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH Wah wAh WAH wah waH WAh WaH

Shut up!
You won't hurt their business by whining on a forum asking people to partake in your childish acts and boycott a game.

Useless post!

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2006-06-07 13:23:44)

bubbass
humble
+61|6586

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Shut up!
You won't hurt their business by whining on a forum asking people to partake in your childish acts and boycott a game.

Useless post!
Yes. +1 to you =[4th]=SlayThem
AMTXP
+13|6670|California, USA

4th wrote:

Shut up!
First of all, I didn't whine about anything. I'm perfectly happy with BF2. It is a mere inconvenience that I loose connection to the server every now and then. However, there are thousands of other people rather pissed at EA because now BF2 wont even run on their machines. I'd be pissed off too if $50-$100 worth of gaming went down the toilet.

To everyone else, sure there aren't enough people HERE to boycott. This isn't the only post and only forum I'm going to put this in.

Also, 17,180 x $50 = $859,000. Thats a start.

Lastly, boycotting BF2 is interesting idea. However there is one problem, you already have the game! You already payed EA $50+. The wouldn't give a rats ass if you stopped playing it because they're happily walking around with a huge fat paycheck.

- Andrew

Last edited by AMTXP (2006-06-07 17:48:59)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

Well, if Dice is makes BF2142, then I won't buy it for sure.  But I will buy "NFL Head Coach" and "Madden 2007" by EA for sure.
blackcracka
+18|6788
EA has conditioned me to not want their products.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

blackcracka wrote:

Never had a prob with any EA game, except the one made by Dice.
xixspyder
AnthraX
+25|6591
even though, I have had frequent probs, with patch 1.3, I'll buy it. lol. I'm addicted to bf2 just as much as my cig smoking problem. Ea is doing the patches as an option they could have left it the way it was origianlly so yah I'll buy it.
AMTXP
+13|6670|California, USA
I realize that EA isn't really the problem it's Dice. However if my theory is correct, EA is probably ordering Dice to screw the game up, since EA is marketing it.

Also, wasn't there an announcement that EA was buying out Dice...

- Andrew
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

blackcracka wrote:

From Quake Wars or BF2142 post:

blackcracka wrote:

I'll probably get both, but you're right, bf2142 = bf2 armored future expansion for 50+ more bucks.
Make up you mind !

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-06-07 17:51:39)

Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6691|Canada Eh?
Battlefield 2142 looks like fun... so I'll buy.

Sentry Drone Whore FTW!

(If smoke reads this, yes I ripped you off )
blackcracka
+18|6788
Even EA's conditioning (made by dice) doesnt work.
lukeiamnotyourfather
Joe's Crematorium, You Kill'em, We Grill'em!
+37|6694
AMPXT, you do make a decent argument, but I mean, come on.....Mechwarrior and BF2 combined? Why not!
OpsChief
+101|6694|Southern California
I always wonder about people who claim there aren't enough people to boycott whatever.  That is a non-answer.  Should it be done for principles? if yes then boycott or protests or whatever is called for. If you think it is a stupid idea to boycott but cannot seem to articulate a specific relevant answer then please feel free to remain silent.

It is very tough to decide whether it is right or fair to boycott a product. What is your standard for performance of an online computer game?

The numbers needed to send a message are in $$$ true but how to get the most bang for the buck is the trick? If you feel lucky enough for BF2142 buy it. If it is clean, Great! If it is as buggy as BF2 is then return it right away. Don't wait for the first patch, or even a few days - take it back. You can always buy it again once it is fixed. But through product returns your $50 refund return costs EA $15-20 more to process which is close to the profit of one game so you get 2x damage points for your return.
blackcracka
+18|6788

OpsChief wrote:

If it is as buggy as BF2 is then return it right away. Don't wait for the first patch, or even a few days - take it back. You can always buy it again once it is fixed. But through product returns your $50 refund return costs EA $15-20 more to process which is close to the profit of one game so you get 2x damage points for your return.
lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard