My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6622
Go play the bf2 demo
Delphy
+45|6587|Bristol, UK
1.12 was the best patch, they'd sorted some issues, but not nerfed the choppers... It still makes me sad, kicking around the place in blackhawk with a good crew was so cool. And it makes my blood boil how easy attack choppers are to shoot down now..
Sgt.Gene
+215|6765
1.02 was the best patch...
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Although it feels I've been playing this game for an age now, I've never played ver 1.0 (i.e no patches at all - I've only played 1.12 and after I think).  Even though I could just reinstall the whole game without any patches it seems eaiser to ask the veterans here what the game was like before even the first patch.....
kickass..!!
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6586|Finland
1.0 or 1.03 was the best patch what BF2 has had.
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6559|Oslo, Norway
Anyone got a movie from the 1.0 patch?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Sgt.Gene wrote:

ahh those blackhawk whoring days, i loved it when a full squad in a black hawk, 2 medics as gunners, 3 engineers and 1 support as pilot. BEST teamwork ive ever had
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6622
i got neg karma for saying go play the demo the demo was 1.00 you retard go play it you can bunny hop and c4 throw pwn in a blackhawk.
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6559|Oslo, Norway

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

ahh those blackhawk whoring days, i loved it when a full squad in a black hawk, 2 medics as gunners, 3 engineers and 1 support as pilot. BEST teamwork ive ever had
Yeah!

The BlackHawk is almost useless now!
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6696|Howell, Mi USA

-Solv3r- wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

Yeah!

The BlackHawk is almost useless now!
Not entirely useless, i see noobs useing them as kamakazi guided missles all the time. Mostly on Ghost Town to take out attack choppers. It's too funny because it never works but some still keep trying. I even saw one guy ram the blackhawk into the T-90. It didn't work out too well for him kuz the BH just exploded and left the tank mostly undamaged.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-06-05 07:25:39)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754

title wrote:

What was ver 1.0 like?
Fun
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6622
the only thing usefully about the blackhawk now is loading it full of c4 and ramming it into attack helis of a place where a ton of noobs are standing
KungfuBeer
The King of Beers
+31|6731|SoCal
There were problems then and there are problems now, nothing really changed except they swapped bugs for bugs.

Yes, there were some positives (blackhawk, stinger vehicles, team flag capture in vehicles) and there were negatives (blackhawk raping, AA, weak weapons, insane point requirements).

What's more important to me is why can't EA/Dice let 3rd party mods be considered for their Ranking system?  Just imagine if we could play ranked servers that were running some of these great mods without having to pay $10 for a 4 maps!
Jackabo
+127|6560|Dublin, Ireland
i can tell you exactly what it was like, i only upgraded to a patch 5 days ago, it pretty fun, all the servers are hacker servers with infinite run and ammo and stuff like that, and the best part is that all the people with patch 1.0 are noobs so you win every round.
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6737|DUTCH snap ik!
it was like yeah!!
alot of bugs but was nicer too play
[iLL]h8+
+26|6718|Florida

Bird Killer wrote:

Before anyone takes the belief that 1.00 or 1.03 was the best version for Battlefield 2, please be aware of this:

We have the tendency and nature to long for the past when the present turns sour as it is now. We'll eradicate the negatives and controversial issues and display positives. Players are even revering and longing for Battlefield 2 1.22 again, and yet most of us remember how the community still vented issues and controveries to say it lightly. However, had most players been satisfied at the current state and situation of Battlefield 2, the users above would more than willingly declare Battlefield 1.00 and 1.03 as the "Dark ages" citing large amounts of bugs and inbalance that existed. A simple example could recalling your own past, how was it like when you were 12? Most would say it was great, joyful, and a facile simple life. This is assuming your childhood was lovely. And yet many won't cite the days in which they felt angry, sad, depressed, lonely, the days they got a horrible scab from falling down against the street, the days in which their parents fought against each other (verbally or physically). Of course, had the negatives overwieghed the positives, then you would ridicule your childhood.

What many here are saying is in the manner of the "good old days," except they rooted every aspect that pissed and ticked them off. Many of these players are most likely the ones who complained about:

AA missiles
Serious domination of aircrafts
Easy teamkills by simply touching a moving vehicle
UH-60 whoring
Red-Tag bug
Flag Capture bug
Grenade Launcher abuse
Deviation that would undermine some degree of skill
Browser Filter that would only limit players to use six, else it no servers would show up
Dolphin Diving
Bunny Hopping
Not knowing where the supply drop was
The prefix bug
Crazy requirements for medals and veteran/expert badges
Crazy requirement and dedication for ranks
Frequent stat-padding (more than it is right now)

There are more, and I could say more than readers here would want to know had I had access to my 1.03 Update review.

Nevertheless, don't tell me you guys forgot all these problems, bugs, and glitches. Don't tell me 1.00 and 1.03 was the "golden age" when the community was still ranting to the same degree as it now. Don't imply that you'll picture Battlefield 1.30 part of the "Good old days" by the time this game is up to version 1.40 (hopefully). Don't tell me Battlefield 2 hasn't improved at all.
AGREED.  Although the game had a higher pace feeling to it, over all the game has gotten better and less glitchy and UT like.

The only thing I miss was chucking the C4.  But I am sure that could be as annoying as the noob toobing, so I am glad it has all been adjusted.
[iLL]h8+
+26|6718|Florida

Sgt.Gene wrote:

I wonder where the all american stat padder was????
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6783

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

hate to disagree but sitting in the back of the chopper wrenching away was not really my idea of fun or teamwork.  driving the chopper and gunning was cool but the other three guys were just tools.

i think the change about not being able to cap flags while passenger in vehicle was a good change cause sometimes it was just ridiculous what you could do with those.  on the other hand there was no reason to nerf the minigun on the blackhawks.

i had no problem with noobtubers or c4 throwers because now they've been replaced with claymore and grenade spammers.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6778|Kansas, USA

Delphy wrote:

1.12 was the best patch, they'd sorted some issues, but not nerfed the choppers... It still makes me sad, kicking around the place in blackhawk with a good crew was so cool. And it makes my blood boil how easy attack choppers are to shoot down now..
Choppers should be easy to shoot down. They are slow moving and put out a significant heat signature. If an AA missile can hit a plane even 20% of the time, it should hit a chopper 90%+. And you should also consider that it should really only take 1 missile to take out a chopper and with a heat seeker, the chopper would have no warning that they are being locked onto (I know, I was a Stinger Team Chief in the Army).

So, all in all I think the current status for choppers is right on. A good pilot will know where the AA positions are and fly accordingly. The attack chopper shouldn't be able to hover indefinitely over the enemy position and not expect to get shot down. The pilot should choose a position where he can attack yet escape to cover quickly once targeted.

Back on topic, Bird Killer was right on in his assessment. Either people forget about the problems there were previously or they were one of the exploiters. The game was great when it first came out (despite the server list bug) because there weren't a bunch of people using the exploits. However, once people found they could go around noob-toobing, bunny-hopping the game became much less fun. Instead of using real tactics, the game became about who could shoot the GL first. I don't consider someone who masters prone spamming (a.k.a. dolphin diving) to be a good player because they are able to master some key-strokes. however, someone who can squad up, sneak into the TV station on Sharqi, and defend their position to take the flag - is a good player.

I don't agree with all the changes that have been made in the patches, but I do for the most part. When they made changed to the AA (so it could actually hit once in a while) there were a lot of people crying that you couldn't fly anymore. Well, there are still a lot of people dominating in the airplanes. Those are the good pilots. Not just anyone can get in an airplane and expect huge Kill to Death ratios.

Last edited by Psycho (2006-06-05 08:13:15)

shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6676|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
1.0 was way better,I can't believe it's almost been a year already.
Vladk1000
+3|6598
I can't believe that after a year, EA hasn't fixed the two most important (IMO) bugs since 1.0, Red/Blue tag bug and CTD.

Last edited by Vladk1000 (2006-06-05 08:39:11)

elmo1337
Banned
+186|6561|The real world
dolphin diving c4 whore squad

ddc4ws, it was beautifull
Viper38
+118|6672
1.0 Was Utopia
alpinestar
+304|6598|New York City baby.
true true blackhawk mashtur 190 points every round with me flying the fucking thing nevermind gunning on it with my clan mates, infact you got teamkilled for a fucking blackhawk back then

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-06-05 08:51:06)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6811|Marathon, Florida Keys
the only thing they needed to change from the origional was the noob tubing, instant death vehicles, and award requirements, and how commanders got punished from teamkills and minus points by artillery. They should have left everything else alone
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard