Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6136|eXtreme to the maX

RTHKI wrote:

On track for promotion, you got it

SAP-Guy wrote:

I'm going deliver a shit system, delete all the internal wiki-how files, fuck you all
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6746

Dilbert_X wrote:

I donated a total of $430 to various Turkey/Syria focused charity campaigns.

Then I remembered - they're both muslim countries.

I asked for it back but IFAW, UNICEF and UNHCR all said no - cunts.

So I'm down $430 and only muslims benefited

Fuck
should've donated money to ukraine instead
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6136|eXtreme to the maX
Well I did that, I think if they crowdsource a drone the least they could do is put the user tag on the bomblets.

It would be nice to see 'Dilbert_X' disappearing down the hatch of a T72.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6801|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Really a whole lot of the IT stuff needs to be torn out, binned, and something consistent rolled out across the site.

Thats not even the worst of the IT problems by a long shot, the SAP guy needs to be put on a rack for a start.
Conversely, a lot of stuff IT could do or be doing to streamline company infrastructure/operations gets shitcanned by upper management.

Speaking from personal experience.

Stubbornly hanging onto hardware that occasionally needs wobbled to function and that nobody makes drivers for anymore. Just 'sign off' on an upgrade. FFS.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6136|eXtreme to the maX
Upper management rarely know what people actually do or how the systems work.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6801|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Upper management rarely know what people actually do or how the systems work.
The people in charge who actually know a bit can be worse sometimes. 'Just enough to get yourself in trouble,' the adage.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6136|eXtreme to the maX
"We're switching from SolidEdge to ProE"
"Why?"
"ProE is more efficient"
"Who told you this?"
"The ProE salesman"
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6801|PNW

I have a conversation like this every time the big guy is considering a new ISP because of some minor inconvenience.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6801|PNW

I saw a clip of this on youtube and it reminded me of uzique

rip


https://www.lafayettestudentnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/tgwdlm.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6136|eXtreme to the maX
To be fair he never said he hated all musicals - just Cats - which he'd never seen.

I'm sure he reeee'd away to Gilbert and Sullivan for hours with his $900 earphones.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6801|PNW

I'm pretty sure there's a paragraph or two somewhere where he hit the whole genre with the brush of disdain. There was no way he was going to like any version of Cats.

Fair enough, I guess. I don't mind musicals, but Cats is creepy af.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6767|Oxferd Ohire
Unique was logged into steam a couple days ago. Was it him or a hacker,l or a glitch, duno.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6801|PNW

Keep an eye on that profile for an obit. It has been too long since he's said anything to Dilbert.

Are we just dealing with a new year's resolution?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3749
He returned to the U.K. and immediately remembered why he left. He is learning Japanese as we speak.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3749
In all seriousness he may be doing hard drugs again since he is back in the U.K. Struggling with addiction as we speak. Time for an intervention.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/34/15/f4/3415f402cc0f821a3c2d5bce67a5ee67.gif
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6801|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

He returned to the U.K. and immediately remembered why he left. He is learning Japanese as we speak.
Then I can't wait for it to be explained in great boisterous detail (in response to something like a comment about a sushi bar) how he knows everything about where the Japanese culture is currently, Japanese thought, history, politics, and precision differences between Japanese and every generation of Japanese-American, after like a week and a half of residing there.

At least he'll be able to watch Dragon Ball without subtitles.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6746

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

He returned to the U.K. and immediately remembered why he left. He is learning Japanese as we speak.
Then I can't wait for it to be explained in great boisterous detail (in response to something like a comment about a sushi bar) how he knows everything about where the Japanese culture is currently, Japanese thought, history, politics, and precision differences between Japanese and every generation of Japanese-American, after like a week and a half of residing there.

At least he'll be able to watch Dragon Ball without subtitles.
tbh i never thought he'd become a koreaboo quickly
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3749
I wonder if he is genuinely sad about leaving that one girl behind. She was in most of his pictures. Only girl actually.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6747|Riva, MD
Fuck Daylight Savings Time

As somebody who works 2nd shift and stays up late, it's really depressing to see that extra hour suddenly disappear.

Also I got the PS5 today and after hours of trying out different games and whatnot, I decided to try a 4K Blu-ray disc and realized that the disc drive won't actually read any of my Blu-rays at all.  It will accept them into the slot after I eject them the first time, and then they still never start spinning once inside the drive, so now I already have to send it in for a warranty repair.  Everything else still works but I didn't pay a hundred extra dollars over the digital version for nothing.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2023-03-11 23:45:05)

unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6801|PNW

Working nights is a tradeoff, I think. More or less left to your own devices at a lot of jobs, but everything's closed when you're up. Having the 24 hr grocery to yourself is a limited payoff.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6747|Riva, MD
I've been on weird shifts for 10 years(or a third of my life) now, it was 11PM-7:30 AM(3rd shift) from May 2013 until September 2021, and then 1PM to 9:30 PM(2nd shift) from then on.  I had a much better work/life balance on actual night shift, 2nd shift is horrible.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6767|Oxferd Ohire
i find the hour disappearing amusing
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6801|PNW

_j5689_ wrote:

Also I got the PS5 today and after hours of trying out different games and whatnot, I decided to try a 4K Blu-ray disc and realized that the disc drive won't actually read any of my Blu-rays at all.  It will accept them into the slot after I eject them the first time, and then they still never start spinning once inside the drive, so now I already have to send it in for a warranty repair.  Everything else still works but I didn't pay a hundred extra dollars over the digital version for nothing.
if it's not doing something it's supposed to be able to, sony will probably allow an RMA. something doesn't work right, better to get it taken care of.

imo - https://www.techradar.com/features/is-t … ray-player

I used an old version of the PS3s as my first blu-ray player until its disc drive broke down. replaced it with another PS3, and eventually a dedicated player. didn't cost $1k though. I don't know if there even were any $1k players at the store at the time.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6136|eXtreme to the maX
Calabrian gangsters are trying to infiltrate my pistol club.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,053|6801|PNW

They're after your gun spring.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard