Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+489|2767
Of course I am bias towards freeloading off the government but I have absolutely no ill will towards anyone who does. The government spends trillions dropping bombs on Afghanistan but people catch a fit about a kid getting a turkey sandwich he didn't deserve. Wait! We can't use Afghanistan as an excuse anymore.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+354|5764|Riva, MD
It looks like I've finally made it off of fulltime night shift after 8 and a half years.  They opened up a 2nd shift position that goes from 1PM to 9:30PM.  Not exactly a normal 9-5:30 or 10-6:30 like I wanted, but since it's 2nd shift, I do get to keep my $3 an hour shift differential and it's still way better than 11PM to 7:30AM, I'll actually be able to go experience night life on my nights off without being tired as fuck, which I haven't had the luxury to do for a ridiculously long time in my life.  It feels so sudden and unceremonious but I didn't have time to fuck around and think about it, my manager and supervisor knew I'd been trying to get to dayshift for the past year, so my manager made me answer by the end of the night before they could possibly hire somebody else for it.
uziq
+405|2500
did you get to touch her dreadlocks?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+354|5764|Riva, MD
How do you think I got the position?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+489|2767
Got a $4000 TEACH grant from the U.S. government.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,920|5679|949

Job interview went well. The lady interviewing me (would be directly reporting to her) was a fucking bulldog at the start but I won her over with my experience and charm.

I had a phone interview on Tuesday and yesterday one of the principals of the company reached out to me directly the next sat.

Had an amazing date last night.

Might buy a car tomorrow.

Just a few good things that have happened in my life lately.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+643|5338|Washington St.
Got turned down for a job I'm overqualified for. I tried to explain that at such a small company that may be a good thing since as it grows I'll be ready for it rather than having entry-level people over their head and needing to hire more. But they were hearing none of it.

Back on the grind shotgunning resumes into the void.

Haven't been on a date in forever.

Praying my $2k car doesn't rattle its bolts every time I drive over 40mph.

tldr: fuck you ken.

Naw kidding happy things are going well. Keep killing it my dude.

Last edited by pirana6 (2021-09-17 22:36:04)

uziq
+405|2500
you’ll get your time in the sun. keep up your spirits!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard