SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Had a couple missionary chicks walk through the neighborhood a few weeks ago. It was pitch black evening, cold, windy, and wet. They were in (modest) skirts, and alone. Decades back my household got chewed out because we offered hospitality to other missionaries in the form of drinks during a scorching summer. Apparently it was distracting them from their free labor.

You shouldn't grow a liking to the exploitative Mormon church because of an ad. They don't even care about their own people beyond what it takes to keep them sucked in.

e:

Mormon Church Stockpiled $100 Billion Intended for Charities and Misled LDS Members, Whistleblower Says
https://www.newsweek.com/mormon-church- … ys-1477809
I mean I assumed the church exploited their missionaries. That's part of the deal isn't it? I am not surprised the church is hoarding donations since they are Americans after all. And I would never donate to a religious charity anyway. I wouldn't donate to the Catholic Church either.

I like the message of the video though and people are even wearing face mask. In a country full of people who do so much to immiserate their fellow citizens, youtube ads telling people to be better people is nice. And yeah, their end goal is more teenage brides but like 9 out of 10 people who take the message to hurt aren't going to sign up for the LDS.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

The church frames itself as friendly and positive almost to a fault, but it really is just a veneer no matter how warm and fuzzy.

There are Catholic charities I wouldn't feel queasy about donating to.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I don't like donating to religious charities. If I ever need to rebalance my karma to unlock a quest, item or companion I just donate to the Red Cross. I see donating to your preferred religion's charity as vanity and insincere. Donating to your team doesn't seem totally selfless like I would consider the Red Cross's "donate to where it is most needed".
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Donating to a charity and then bragging about it online is probably vanity and insincere to a greater degree (though tactless boasting can attract donations from others) than picking a preferred charity. Also I would select one over transparency and charitable use of funds rather than whether or not it was religious.

Red Cross is an alright choice for that I guess, it's just five bucks to a billion dollar charity amounts to less than a spit in the bucket. I can't imagine why anybody would beat their chest about that.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I wasn't bragging about my donation to the Red Cross. I just posted it to show how much of a dark place I was in that day. I was in some serious spiritual trouble. I donate pretty often to the Red Cross but don't post about it. There's definitely a few more that I didn't get emails for that I remember sending in 2019 and '18.
https://i.imgur.com/cKJywmg.png
You know, all I ever wanted to do was be your and Ken's friend. But you guys seem to think so poorly of me. You seem to think I am evil and Ken thinks I am a viscous neckbeard. Neither is true! I donate money to "Where It Is Needed Most" all the time. And even if I am only doing it to make myself feel better after sinning, at least someone is getting something out of it. If Jay ever feels bad about himself do you know what he probably does? Microwaves a big bowl of Lasagna. Me? Someone is getting blankets after a house fire.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

You have a weird way of trying to make friends.

What I think of you is a direct result of what you post on these forums. Perhaps you should rethink the 10+ years of trolling. Turn a new leaf. Stop being stupid 'for da lulz'.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
If I posted any other way it would be boring and the forum would wither. Besides, I have made plenty of friends over the years on here just posting as I always have. Perhaps you are too tightly wound about a lot of stuff? What do right wingers say about social justice people being unfun and boring?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

You treat the forums as your own personal piss pad and then get mad when you're treated like a toddler.

Many of us have demonstrated the ability to post here without resorting to lowest common denominater type trolls, or bigotry, or whatever other weirdly specific hates you have. DO BETTER!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

The forum is already withered. We're basically chatting it up in a digital courtyard where the brick is all crumbly and coated with mildew, the fountain is overgrown with slime and doesn't pump correctly thanks to a bubble bath prank in 2009, and the only thing holding the dry rot of the benches together are the unaddressed bird droppings. Burnzz left us because it's his turn to hibernate for a hundred years as per vampiric law, Hollis left us because he doesn't like people questioning the police, and Jay left us because we kept making fun of his covid denial. But at least we got drooz back?

Right-wingers calling social justice people unfun and boring has to be one of the bigger pot/kettles of 2020. I've seen fewer wet blankets more damp and unpleasant than the Brooding Republican/Libertarian.

I don't think you're evil, mac.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You treat the forums as your own personal piss pad and then get mad when you're treated like a toddler.

Many of us have demonstrated the ability to post here without resorting to lowest common denominater type trolls, or bigotry, or whatever other weirdly specific hates you have. DO BETTER!
Yeah I post here a lot and if you want to interact with my post then super cool. I would interact with whatever other people throw at this place too. I'm not going around telling people they need to change the way they post 15 years in. In fact the mod team here might most be responsible for the fact that this place is my piss pot since all of the other fun users were banned three times over until they gave up.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

I think you just need to understand that because it's the internet, the only way we can judge your character is by what you post. I don't think I'm alone in saying you post like a maladjusted human being.

You're probably a nice enough guy in real life that I would have a beer with you (or pretty much anyone on these forums), but that doesn't mean I shouldn't hold you accountable for the terrible things you post here.
uziq
+492|3422
https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v43/n02 … glio-smile

excellent piece in this fortnight's LRB on pope francis's background in latin america, his role in argentina under its murderous dictators, and the ructions within the jesuit faith through this period.

let's wait for macbeth to pop up telling us that christians have never supported violent means and islam has a monopoly on violence.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
My local hardware store is next to a catholic church and in the greek/italian zone, every time there's an event they have to put up a sign and have a guy standing at the car-park entrance enforcing 'no church parking' policy to stop the creepy fuckers filling the place up.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
An ultra-Orthodox rabbi has told his followers to avoid getting a Covid vaccine because it can “make them gay”.

Israeli media reported that Rabbi Daniel Asor, who has amassed a large online following, also claimed inoculation efforts were part of a “global malicious government“ trying to ”establish a new world order”.

While his claim of a link between the vaccine and homosexuality is factually incorrect, it also contradicts statements from leading orthodox rabbis who have called on their followers to come forward for a coronavirus jab.

According to news outlet Israel Yahom, Mr Asor used a recent sermon to claim: “Any vaccine made using an embryonic substrate, and we have evidence of this, causes opposite tendencies. Vaccines are taken from an embryonic substrate, and they did that here, too, so ... it can cause opposite tendencies," seemingly referring to homosexuality.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl … 88543.html
uziq
+492|3422
why are you so particularly interested in a tiny ultra-orthodox population refusing vaccines but not posting here with regularity about, erm, the millions of anti-vaxxers from the secular west?

your obsession with jews is actually depressing. get a life.
uziq
+492|3422
i will admit that it's pretty fucking funny that an ultra-orthodox rabbi has built a following by hopping on the anti-vax 'new world order' conspiracy, though.

c'mon, guys, learn to read the room a bit. you ARE the supposed new world order they're all talking about.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
LMAO - Time to come into the 18th century people

https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/15/false-cl … -13754049/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Why is that particularly special? Aren't you a vegan? If you believed those claims you might shrink away from or be hesitant to get the vaccine too.

Also there's this thing called an anti-vax movement that has very little to do with Islam.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Being vegan doesn't mean you think animal products will kill you, also I'm vegetarian.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

There's a whole array of topical products that are vegetarian or vegan friendly. If you don't care about smearing your skin with stuff that might contain some sort of animal fat, you aren't much of a vegetarian. Lying about the contents of a vaccine containing animal products would definitely upset a vegan, and depending on what kind of animal products a vegetarian.

Definitely a malicious kind of rumor.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The cucks airing their disappoint about the lady in Burma not doing anything to stop the genocide against the Muslims are well cucks. Nothing good ever comes out of defending Muslims. Genocide is bad blah blah. But India, Burma, and China shouldn't be criticized by the west after all of our problems with Islamic terrorism. Nothing good ever comes from helping Muslims.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

It's probably more complicated than just Defending Muslims. There are a lot of individual and personal stories and claims of abuses to consider. Though in that light, countries like the US probably shouldn't be exempt from scrutiny over stuff like destabilizing entire regions, dumping DU on small towns, or terrorizing their own populace.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It's probably more complicated than just Defending Muslims. There are a lot of individual and personal stories and claims of abuses to consider. Though in that light, countries like the US probably shouldn't be exempt from scrutiny over stuff like destabilizing entire regions, dumping DU on small towns, or terrorizing their own populace.
I think the abuse or potential abuse of Muslim minorities in the U.S. is abhorrent. But that issue is a separate one entirely from the question of Muslims living in other societies. At the very least we shouldn't disrupt international relationships over the status of Muslims within those nations.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The cucks airing their disappoint about the lady in Burma not doing anything to stop the genocide against the Muslims are well cucks. Nothing good ever comes out of defending Muslims. Genocide is bad blah blah. But India, Burma, and China shouldn't be criticized by the west after all of our problems with Islamic terrorism. Nothing good ever comes from helping Muslims.
She was a political prisoner and nobel peace prize winner. She advocated for democracy in Burma until she was freed and given a leadership role by the military junta there. Then her cries for democracy were turned into a campaign to extinguish an ethnic minority that has always been seen and treated as less than human by the majority Burmese, who themselves are essentially treated as second-class citizens in Asia.

And here you are defending those actions. Replace "muslims" with "jews" in your paragraph for full effect.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Sanctions to punish a country repressing and murdering people is probably a more admirable cause than just because you're mad about them stealing corporate secrets. US also has some small amount of navel-gazing to get on with in regard to killing our own civilians though. Maybe stop quoting Hitler in police training manuals (?) and wearing skulls on uniforms like the Waffen-SS.

If we do get involved in any of this, I think the administration should do more to shelter affected businesses.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard