Apollyon Omega
+-1|6563
Ever shoot someone with an M4 only to be killed by their SCAR-L with less ammunition?

In reality both of these firearms utilize the 5.56 x 45mm ammunition, so that would lead one to conclude that they should do the same amount of damage.  Another weapon that is horribly under powered is the M95.  The M95 fires the .50 BMG (12.7 x 99mm) which in reality kills with just a single round, even with body armor.  (I have friends whom have served in Iraq who can confirm this, if for some reason you doubt my words.  The marines use the M82A1 Semi-automatic .50 BMG) The .50 BMG can even take down Helicopters with a single round to the engine block.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6640|Birmingham, UK
It would make America too good. Also, a pistol shot to the head would kill. Everyone would just spray at people's heads hoping they hit...
In real life the PKM would probably kill you with the kickback and the accuracy is far worse than the MG36 which looks like a pop-gun sometimes because the terrible accuracy it can sometimes achieve...I persevere!

Last edited by TheDarkRaven (2006-05-26 08:48:38)

Apollyon Omega
+-1|6563
Why would it make America to good? A Kalashnikov kills just as well as a M4.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6578|Here.
There's a few guns this game doesnt do justice to..
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

There are so many other unrealistic factors in this game that weapons damage would only be a spit in the bucket towards fixing them. Regard it as an arcade game, not a simulator.
DUX0726
Banned
+9|6570
In real life a PKM shot (I'm talking ONE 7.63x59 bullet) to just about anywhere in the torso/head region would be fatal. It would rip through a vest, even one with a plate in it. It would knock you back about 5 feet when it did hit you. It would go through stone walls. The PKM is criminally underpowered in this game. I know people complain about it already but that's just because they have no idea how in real life, when a PKM opens up on you, you lose, EVERYTIME.

Last edited by DUX0726 (2006-05-26 10:44:21)

[GPIII]_Maj.Bong
+5|6641
In Reality if you get hit with a .50 there is no way you are gonna get back up on your own, but after all it is just a game so I guess all the weapons can't be as realistic as they should.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6706|Tampa Bay Florida
Go play Americas Army, please.  There you can die after 1 shot as often as you want.
Apollyon Omega
+-1|6563

Spearhead wrote:

Go play Americas Army, please.  There you can die after 1 shot as often as you want.
I don't like america's army, it's to easy for me.

Oh, and the PKM is chambered for the 7.62 x 54R (not the 7.63 x 59, as the aforementioned round doesn't exist) and is highly accurate for a LMG.
Apollyon Omega
+-1|6563
This is AO's older brother how is piggy-backing off of AO'a account (because I am too lazy to make my own),  NOT AO!!!

Instant death by rifle fire in a game is not as bad as you would think.  I have played Experiance WWII (a bf1942 mod) for a while.  This mod had very realistic weapon damage, i.e.: instant death or imobilisation.  In fact, it even had shot displacement and engine destruction on vehicles.  These were facts that you learned to deal with, by using squad tactics.  Lone-wolfs usualy died, unless he was the machinegunner.  In that case, he was either flanked or shot from afar.

Either you adapted to these facts, or you died.  A lot.

* Engine destruction on vehicles is a must have improvement.
* MORE SMALL ARMS!

- FAL
- M14 (both of these are croud pleasers)
- C7 (the Canadian's full auto version of the M16A2)
- AN-94 (the Russians have other guns than the AK-74M you know)
- (maybe some of the russian truly silent firearms for the special forces)
- End of barrel anti-tank grenades
- (I was going to say the L96, but Dice beat me to it)
- Galil or TAR-21
- SV-98
- MG3
- AUG
Just to name a few

*I would love realistic weapon damage, but I know that this will never happen outside of mods

Simple rules for weapon damage:
1.)  Sinper's kill, always (or criticaly wounds).
2.)  Kevlar helmets only work if your Cyen Willis, or if it's a 9mm.
3.)  2 in the chest, 1 in the head, 5 in the legs (standard rifle).
4.)  Grenades don't kill, they shread.  (IRL a M2 frag has a horible rape radius of 30 yards)
5.)  Aircraft (this includes helecopters) can be destroyed every easily (i.e.: smallarms fire), but they can kill anything and everything.

and parachutes work at ten feet, just like real life.  Heh, funny (trails off...)

Last edited by Apollyon Omega (2006-05-28 20:18:32)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6772|United States of America
I think the M24 is underpowered too.  In life this weapons ammo is specifically designed to kill one shot.  Long range, short range, though body armor and all.  If the game was made more realistic the M1A2 would destroy all other tanks one shot, and suffer no damage what so ever when hit by another tanks shell.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I disagree with you about Americas Army being fun... I haven't played any scrims or anything (because most of the clans are gung-ho nutcases with ranks and other retarded stuff) and pubbing in AA is just plain boring and dumb.  Don't get me wrong, I love the weapons sounds and effects and stuff, that's great, but the game just isn't ready to pick up and play.  It's so realistic I'd rather go outside and shoot at my friends with airsoft rifles.

Sitting down in 25 minute classes just to be able to play as a Medic or Special Forces is pretty lame, too.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-05-28 20:37:14)

Apollyon Omega
+-1|6563

Miller wrote:

I think the M24 is underpowered too.  In life this weapons ammo is specifically designed to kill one shot.  Long range, short range, though body armor and all.  If the game was made more realistic the M1A2 would destroy all other tanks one shot, and suffer no damage what so ever when hit by another tanks shell.
Piggy-Backing Brother again.  The M1A2 is just as easily destroyed as other Main Battle Tanks.  Its primary cannon is also comparitivly weak compared to other modern MBTs.  All it has going for it is that damnass computer,  which is now equiped in most NATO country's MBTs.  The Russians now have a similar computer equiped in their T-80s and T-90s.  The only other thing that the M1A2 has that almost all of the other tanks don't have is the engine, which is a major dissavantage.  That helecopter engine eats kerosene like nobody's buisnes and gives it the largest IR signature in the world!

It all boils down to simple math:

Me + RGP-7 with PG7-VR HEAT grenade = M1A2 (or any MBT for that matter) becoming a very expencive paper weight!

(Or I could use a Carl-Gustav, that would be interesting...)
Apollyon Omega
+-1|6563
PGB again.

americas army the game sucks stop airsoft is for posers stop going outside to shoot eachother with plastic bullet training rounds stop those things hurt like a b***h stop

Last edited by Apollyon Omega (2006-05-28 21:03:26)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6723|67.222.138.85
If one more person says the M95 should be a one hit kill I'm going to have to beat them over the head with a copy of CS until they see AWPs everywhere.
SF.Disante
+0|6560

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

If one more person says the M95 should be a one hit kill I'm going to have to beat them over the head with a copy of CS until they see AWPs everywhere.
I actually think the AWP is quite realistic damage-wise. 4/5s damage to the legs, and death waste and above. If you got torn in half by a .50 cal round, you'd be hurtin'. But I think the damage in BF2 is PERFECT. Anymore and it would be TOO realistic, any less and it would just be gay. They could add more weapons/maps/kits ect.

Last edited by SF.Disante (2006-05-29 01:13:39)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

.50 rifle + realism = a whole lotta fucking noobs blowing me away
<b|k> lukie
+7|6738|Germany
Guys dont forget: Gameplay in more important than realism (for DICE and me). So you'll never find a 1-shot-1-kill-handweapon in BF2.

If BF2 was realistic, you wouldnt be able to fight after one recieved shot. Weapons wouldnt be incapable of shooting father then 50m. Tanks would (perhaps) die if hit by a single Eryx. And so on... To my mind it would be less fun.

Shall be no offence: Its quite interesting how ppl pick out a weapon (system) and want it to be realistic every 2 weeks.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6772|United States of America

Apollyon Omega wrote:

Miller wrote:

Piggy-Backing Brother again.  The M1A2 is just as easily destroyed as other Main Battle Tanks.  Its primary cannon is also comparatively weak compared to other modern MBTs.  All it has going for it is that damnass computer,  which is now equipped in most NATO country's MBTs.  The Russians now have a similar computer equipped in their T-80s and T-90s.  The only other thing that the M1A2 has that almost all of the other tanks don't have is the engine, which is a major disadvantage.  That helicopter engine eats kerosene like nobody's business and gives it the largest IR signature in the world!

Me + RGP-7 with PG7-VR HEAT grenade = M1A2 (or any MBT for that matter) becoming a very expensive paper weight!

No all tanks are made with an outer explosive layer so RPG's and rockets cannot get through to the crew.  The M1A2 is always being upgraded and has been show that nearly all modern tank shells or tanks cannot destroy it, much less damage it.  The main cannon is 120mm(correct if wrong) and yes it is weak.  But it wasn't made to be powerful, the type of shell is what makes the M1 deadly.  The computer has been fitted so that even while on the move in a hilly area an Abrams will be able to hit a target at its maximum range.  The engine has a large heat signature yes, but what is that going to do when you're dead!  If you didn't exactly notice that in the Gulf war the USA only lost 4-5 M1's.  Not because of hostile tanks, but because of malfunctions in the engine and computer.  More European tanks are getting close to what the Abrams can do, I will give them that, but for now the Abrams is still Number 1.  If you don't agree with me there was a show on the Military channel that went through a list of 10 tanks, gave what is good and bad about it, then said where it was on the list.  Now, the number one tank on that show was given to the Tiger from WWII.  Due to its large cannon and fear factor.  The M1 was placed as number two and then it was followed by the Challenger.  I hope this clarifies which tank is better, M1, or any others.
Apollyon Omega
+-1|6563

Miller wrote:

Apollyon Omega wrote:

Miller wrote:

Piggy-Backing Brother again.  The M1A2 is just as easily destroyed as other Main Battle Tanks.  Its primary cannon is also comparatively weak compared to other modern MBTs.  All it has going for it is that damnass computer,  which is now equipped in most NATO country's MBTs.  The Russians now have a similar computer equipped in their T-80s and T-90s.  The only other thing that the M1A2 has that almost all of the other tanks don't have is the engine, which is a major disadvantage.  That helicopter engine eats kerosene like nobody's business and gives it the largest IR signature in the world!

Me + RGP-7 with PG7-VR HEAT grenade = M1A2 (or any MBT for that matter) becoming a very expensive paper weight!

No all tanks are made with an outer explosive layer so RPG's and rockets cannot get through to the crew.  The M1A2 is always being upgraded and has been show that nearly all modern tank shells or tanks cannot destroy it, much less damage it.  The main cannon is 120mm(correct if wrong) and yes it is weak.  But it wasn't made to be powerful, the type of shell is what makes the M1 deadly.  The computer has been fitted so that even while on the move in a hilly area an Abrams will be able to hit a target at its maximum range.  The engine has a large heat signature yes, but what is that going to do when you're dead!  If you didn't exactly notice that in the Gulf war the USA only lost 4-5 M1's.  Not because of hostile tanks, but because of malfunctions in the engine and computer.  More European tanks are getting close to what the Abrams can do, I will give them that, but for now the Abrams is still Number 1.  If you don't agree with me there was a show on the Military channel that went through a list of 10 tanks, gave what is good and bad about it, then said where it was on the list.  Now, the number one tank on that show was given to the Tiger from WWII.  Due to its large cannon and fear factor.  The M1 was placed as number two and then it was followed by the Challenger.  I hope this clarifies which tank is better, M1, or any others.
The Russians have a RPG shell which detonates the Reactive armor prematurely before the primary charge takes effect.

Last edited by Apollyon Omega (2006-05-29 15:53:40)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Apollyon Omega wrote:

PGB again.

americas army the game sucks stop airsoft is for posers stop going outside to shoot eachother with plastic bullet training rounds stop those things hurt like a b***h stop
IDK what you have against airsofting... it's fun as hell.  My M16A2 is freakin cool as heck.
Apollyon Omega
+-1|6563

Spearhead wrote:

Apollyon Omega wrote:

PGB again.

IDK what you have against airsofting... it's fun as hell.  My M16A2 is freakin cool as heck.
I, Apollyon Omega, have nothing against airsoft.  It's my brother is the one with an unfounded bias. (My brother used my account a few nights ago)  I like the AUG personaly.  (And a word of advice, don't use 'as hell' or 'as heck' quite as often. It sounds juvenile)
Apollyon Omega
+-1|6563

Spearhead wrote:

Apollyon Omega wrote:

PGB again.

I, Apollyon Omega, have nothing against airsoft.  It's my brother is the one with an unfounded bias. (My brother used my account a few nights ago)  I like the AUG personaly.  (And a word of advice, don't use 'as hell' or 'as heck' quite as often. It sounds juvenile)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard