Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
It appears my PC should be able to run this game after all, something which was making me think it wouldn't be worth buying (I have nil interest in spending hundreds of dollars anymore on upgrading a computer to waste hours on games).

What's the general consensus here, will the game be better than BF3?
thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!
probably better than bf3, but not much better is my opinion.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4166|Oklahoma
Looks like garbage.  Literally like EA just vomited and diarrhea pixels everywhere and applied bloom to the product.  So fucking sick of these "Modern Warfare" themed FPS's as they have now overtaken WWII games as the most overly produced product into their own overly saturated market.  These games are almost unplayable by anyone who isn't 14 years old, high on a sugar rush with an ADD problem.  Look at all the shit going on in those scenes!  They've seriously just given up on trying to produce immersive, intuitive, organic or natural feeling game mechanics and gameplay and instead decided to go down the "LET'S SEE HOW MUCH RANDOM SHIT WE CAN PACK INTO EVERY FRAME!" route.

Battlefield series, goodnight sweet prince.  You were once the Stanley Kubrick of games but now you are just the Michael Bay.
Des.Kmal
+917|6589|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
oh hohoho. now all we need is a subsection!
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Extra Medium wrote:

Battlefield series, goodnight sweet prince.  You were once the Stanley Kubrick of games but now you are just the Michael Bay.
this
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
Even if it's a fantastic game people will still say "it's still not 1942/BF2 #rosetintedglasses"

Honestly, some things they've announced such as spectator mode, 5 man squads, commander mode, test range, limited vehicle ammo, changing vehicle disable, classic mode etc are looking more promising than BF3.

Obviously if you didn't like the mechanics of BF3, you probably aren't going to like BF4 but I'm certainly going to be giving the game a chance.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4166|Oklahoma
*rosecoloredglasses
GeoEnvi
+22|6657|Philadelphia, PA
Can't believe the amount of bitching that is evoked by each successive BF release after BF2.

Talk about clinging to the past.....
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
test range is no better than an empty server
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

GeoEnvi wrote:

Can't believe the amount of bitching that is evoked by each successive BF release after BF2.

Like a 1968 hippie who is bitching about Occupy Wallstreet activists and is enthusing about how great sticking flowers in rifles was.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4166|Oklahoma
No, fuck off.  The Battlefield series is the penultimate example of a publisher selling out a series for money instead of what made made it great.

BF1942 and BF2 had a dedicated following of people who played it regularly for years.  A lot of people played it exclusively.

BF3 did and BF4 will have people play it for a few months until the next flashy FPS comes along and forget about it.

There is a valid reason for that.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

GeoEnvi wrote:

Instead of the past I compare it games like Planetside 2 (I'm biased ).
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Played the Beta. Enjoyed it. Had a few issues with lag and my monitor doing a weird dim and buzz when loading or going into shadow (pretty sure its been knackered by a power cut), but the game itself is pretty good. The weapons handle more like they do in Warfighter and feel like they hit harder. Peek animation is pretty nice, and the reload animations are much improved as well (no more cycling through a full animation if you switch out and back). Graphically it's looking very nice, and the introduction of interactive elements (elevators, shutters, doors) adds a good element to it. It feels and looks like a blend of BF2/2142/3 with bits of Warfighter's MP thrown in.
thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!
the bf4 beta doesnt deserve to be called beta, so much shit everywhere I dunno even where to start , I just wanna sit drown and cry...
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
I'm liking things like the spectator mode and limited vehicle ammo. However at the moment I'm having fps/input lag issues so can't really get a proper feel for the game until those are fixed.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

I am getting lag pretty bad. I even dropped the graphics to medium, but the lag stayed the same, so I dont think its a graphics issue. On another note, there seems to be a reduced emphasis on the amount of cursing in game. That or I have grown callous to it.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I lag a bit as well. My auto settings put everything high, but I drop a few down anyway. Even so, along with a ping around 18-25, I still lag up at times. I quite like the new features for the helo rocket reloads, where the reload is timed. Fire them all off too soon and you have to wait longer for the reload to be ready. Thing is though, I was sure you could look around in the attack helo cockpit in BF3 by hold RMB. Works in the transport helo this time, but not attack. Also wish they had a toggle scope function.
Des.Kmal
+917|6589|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Add me on origin bros! DesKmal

Hide ya wide, hide ya kids! We be rapin' everyone out here!

Game is pretty good. I found the weapons to be easier to control than in bf3. I love the vehicles. The map is alright, but we're gonna get 9 more end of this month.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6716|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
I don't seem to be feeling the lag like others and am finding it jolly good fun. The main building in the middle going down is rather entertaining. Just a shame that they don't have Commander mode active.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

M.O.A.B wrote:

I lag a bit as well. My auto settings put everything high, but I drop a few down anyway. Even so, along with a ping around 18-25, I still lag up at times. I quite like the new features for the helo rocket reloads, where the reload is timed. Fire them all off too soon and you have to wait longer for the reload to be ready. Thing is though, I was sure you could look around in the attack helo cockpit in BF3 by hold RMB. Works in the transport helo this time, but not attack. Also wish they had a toggle scope function.
it wasn't RMB i think it was Ctrl or something
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Cisse
+63|4339
well I have an invite, I guess I'll have to try it seen as its BF, been disappointed with everything post bf2142 mind..
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

Brasso wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

it wasn't RMB i think it was Ctrl or something
Is RMB by default in BF3/4
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

meh
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Why the fuck are the marines using the xm25 in this? Then again, why isn't the xm25 called the m25, the army is removing the "x" after all.

Edit: And I can't seem to connect to a game on the xbox 360 beta.

Last edited by War Man (2013-10-04 17:37:57)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard