Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|5452|Connecticut
Not sure if there are any outdoorsmen on here but if so, what do you like to go for? What are your weapons and why? I hunt turkey and deer from Sept thru January and then bird in the spring. I am a traditional bow hunter, I dont care for the compound bows and I shoot a Bob Lee Hunter model (60" 65lbs @ 28" draw). My rifle is a Smith and Wesson iBolt 30-06 ( federal premium ammo because of the shallow pin strike) and sometimes I use my grandfather's Sako 30-06 that he passed down when he died. I use a Summit Viper 180 hd climber stand, I like to get in and out and not worry about a ladder stand getting stolen. Forbow season I usually go up about 15 feet but for rifle I tend to be up around 25-30 because I hunt the edge of a field.

Biggest buck I have harvested was an 8 pointer that weighed 204lbs dressed. Not necessarilly a trophy, but he was in the rut so I called him for over 30 minutes with a bleat and it's not easy bringing them in when they can see a doe in the other direction.

I have been thinking about getting a labrador pup and bird hunting more, but I know very little about field training a dog. Any suggestions from real experience would be cool.

Thx:)
Malloy must go
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3154|Oklahoma
I poach a lot out of my truck.  I think I killed a 10 pointer once but there was a SUV coming down the road that I was worried might be a game warden, so I left it and didn't come back.

Also, prepare your anus for the libtard crowd coming in here telling you what an evil, backwater redneck you are for killing bambi.

Extra Medium wrote:

I poach a lot out of my truck.
lame
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|5652
I don't really hunt, but I gather.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3154|Oklahoma

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

I poach a lot out of my truck.
lame
Exactly.  I aim for the lame ones first.  Do you hunt?
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+209|2919|SL,UT

what a waste of meat.

if you just want to shoot, you can save yourself alot of money by buying a ®uger.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3154|Oklahoma

Steve-0 wrote:

what a waste of meat.

if you just want to shoot, you can save yourself alot of money by buying a ®uger.
I'm sure the coyotes, vultures and other critters disagree with you.

Also, I don't need a Ruger, I already saved a lot of money by switching my car insurance to Geico.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4545

Hunting as a sport is lame. Waiting in a bush for an animal to come by so you can shoot it with your $1000 rifle isn't manly. It is almost the same as trapping neighborhood cats and killing them.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3154|Oklahoma

Macbeth wrote:

Hunting as a sport is lame. Waiting in a bush for an animal to come by so you can shoot it with your $1000 rifle isn't manly. It is almost the same as trapping neighborhood cats and killing them.
Ever been hunting?  No?  Shut up.  You know nothing.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4545

I don't find killing things to be a great way to spend an afternoon. It is sociopathic.
tuckergustav
...
+1,590|4873|...

I quite like the taste of Venison. Grew up with a Dad that stocked a fridge size freezer full of it all year long.

I have never actually hunted myself, but I went out with both my Mom and my Dad and scared away all the deer because I just can't sit still for that long.
...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4317|London, England

Extra Medium wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Hunting as a sport is lame. Waiting in a bush for an animal to come by so you can shoot it with your $1000 rifle isn't manly. It is almost the same as trapping neighborhood cats and killing them.
Ever been hunting?  No?  Shut up.  You know nothing.
I bet you hunt on a feeder
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3154|Oklahoma

Jay wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Hunting as a sport is lame. Waiting in a bush for an animal to come by so you can shoot it with your $1000 rifle isn't manly. It is almost the same as trapping neighborhood cats and killing them.
Ever been hunting?  No?  Shut up.  You know nothing.
I bet you hunt on a feeder
I guess you missed the part where I said I hunted out of a truck.  gg

Macbeth wrote:

I don't find killing things to be a great way to spend an afternoon. It is sociopathic.
Next time I'm out killing things, I'll make sure I kill twice as much to make up for your lack thereof.

Last edited by Extra Medium (2013-08-05 11:16:57)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|5675

Macbeth wrote:

I don't find killing things to be a great way to spend an afternoon. It is sociopathic.
says the guy who tortures cats.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|5422|cuntshitlake

mostly pigeon, black and hazel grouse and duck in autumn, rabbit in winter. never really got into hunting big game, i do like shooting in general though.

i have an old (awesome) russian double barrel since a shotgun is fine for small game and it just works in any condition. cleaning guns more than once in a decade is for pussies.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,896|5731|USA

Extra Medium wrote:

I poach a lot out of my truck.  I think I killed a 10 pointer once but there was a SUV coming down the road that I was worried might be a game warden, so I left it and didn't come back.
pussy
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3154|Oklahoma

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

I poach a lot out of my truck.  I think I killed a 10 pointer once but there was a SUV coming down the road that I was worried might be a game warden, so I left it and didn't come back.
pussy
moderator
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,896|5731|USA

Member first, mod second, and poaching is a pussy's game if there's no point but for your enjoyment. Hunt for food or cull if you don't want to be called one.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|3995|Massachusetts, USA
I wouldn't mind going hunting, just need someone to teach me. Also MA is shitty, cant hunt with a rifle.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|5452|Connecticut

Macbeth wrote:

I don't find killing things to be a great way to spend an afternoon. It is sociopathic.
First of all, then don't contribute to the thread if it's not your thing.
Second, for years everything that has come out of your mouth is fucking retarded, and everything that goes in is pressumably a dick.
Third, you dont hunt deer in the afternoon, they are sleeping.
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|5452|Connecticut

UnkleRukus wrote:

I wouldn't mind going hunting, just need someone to teach me. Also MA is shitty, cant hunt with a rifle.
Where in MA? The northeast corner of CT has a lot of private land that you can hunt rifle on, most of the farmers will sign your land consent form if you promise to be courteous of their land and kill any coyotes on site. Worth a shot.... No pun intended.
Malloy must go
Brasso
member
+1,549|5589

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

poaching is a pussy's game
especially if you leave the corpse behind and laden with meat.

hunting is terrific. for meat.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3154|Oklahoma

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Member first, mod second, and poaching is a pussy's game if there's no point but for your enjoyment. Hunt for food or cull if you don't want to be called one.
I don't give a shit about killing deer for food.  The meat tastes good but is tough and stringy with lots of gristle.  Deer are over populated in Oklahoma and frankly I don't like them.  They used to destroy our peanut crop and they still crash through peoples windshields on a regular basis.  I have about the same regard for them as I do for coyotes and coons.  I kill them every time I get the chance and I don't need a reason.  If you don't like it, that's your own business. 

So get mad.  I kill them periodically and leave them to rot.  I kill coons and leave them to rot every chance I get.  I kill coyotes often and strap their dead bodies to telephone poles.  Should I tell you about all the hogs I've killed, domestic and wild?  What about horses or cows?  I've killed a bunch.  The emu maybe?

Call PETA and share a tear.

Last edited by Extra Medium (2013-08-05 18:51:04)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+559|5673|Purplicious Wisconsin

UnkleRukus wrote:

I wouldn't mind going hunting, just need someone to teach me. Also MA is shitty, cant hunt with a rifle.
Forced to use a shotgun to hunt?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+640|5250|Washington St.

Extra Medium wrote:

I think I killed a 10 pointer once but there was a SUV coming down the road that I was worried might be a game warden, so I left it and didn't come back.
Was that your first time? You got scared? Cute.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard