Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Extra Medium wrote:

Jay wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Considering that a new walmart essentially spells doom for at the very least 5 local businesses............
Who gives a crap?
The 5 business owners, their employees and all of their families?

Liar.
What right did they have to stay in business? Who's to say they would've been in business a year hence anyway?

Should've competed better.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
jags arent that expensive

whos to say the community is better off with walmart
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Jay wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Jay wrote:

Who gives a crap?
The 5 business owners, their employees and all of their families?

Liar.
What right did they have to stay in business? Who's to say they would've been in business a year hence anyway?

Should've competed better.
for someone who 'understands economics' you sure have a rather short-sighted understanding of "competition".
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

jay loves big corporations and trickle-down economics but the first decade of his adult working-life and adult education were all floated by state interventionism and federal coddling. he's just so in contact with the realities of the market that he can tell everyone else that corporations are good.
You who has never worked a real job in his life...

Whatever. Remain ignorant.
a) have worked a real job. have worked two in fact, ding ding, and i'm 23. what were you doing then? oh wait, we know, because you wrote an emotional diary about it: sitting around on your ass at home, sponging off mom, dropping out of ICT courses at college. okay. try and condescend some more. i have 2 degrees and have worked for apple. remind yourself where you were at 23 again. think a little harder next time.

b) 'ignorant'? because i prefer to get my coffee from local stores with better brews? because i prefer to get my meat from the local butcher, fresh? ok, guess i'm 'ignorant'. enjoy obesity and your encroaching colon cancer from all the cheap supermarket shit you pile into your lumbered frame.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-18 17:26:35)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

jay loves big corporations and trickle-down economics but the first decade of his adult working-life and adult education were all floated by state interventionism and federal coddling. he's just so in contact with the realities of the market that he can tell everyone else that corporations are good.

a) have worked a real job. have worked two in fact, ding ding, and i'm 23. what were you doing then? oh wait, we know, because you wrote an emotional diary about it: sitting around on your ass at home, sponging off mom, dropping out of ICT courses at college. okay. try and condescend some more. i have 2 degrees and have worked for apple. remind yourself where you were at 23 again. think a little harder next time.

b) 'ignorant'? because i prefer to get my coffee from local stores with better brews? because i prefer to get my meat from the local butcher, fresh? ok, guess i'm 'ignorant'. enjoy obesity and your encroaching colon cancer from all the cheap supermarket shit you pile into your lumbered frame.
I've been working continuously since I was 13. At 23 I was performing very low paid public service while you are still sucking off the public tit and giving back nothing to society. Keep trying though.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
sucking off the public tit? please detail to me how i am taking any public money. oh and yeah, "public service", people who join the military to straighten out their lives sure love ennobling their intentions, after the fact. you joined the military because your mom was basically going to kick you out. you, quote your emo-diatribe, "took a stock-check of yourself" and knew something had to change. now you're phrasing it as "doing public service", like a valiant little sacrifice. please. don't be mad i didn't spend my 18-25 lost and confused, and got on and achieved something from a good school and a good company. stop misconstruing me as 'taking public money' when i haven't. just drop this line of comparison. it's going nowhere.

and please explain to me how "small businesses are meant to be more competitive", when faced with walmart's economies of scale. i am intrigued. you seem to be blaming small business owners.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4196|Oklahoma

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

I've been working continuously since I was 13. At 23 I was performing very low paid public service while you are still sucking off the public tit and giving back nothing to society. Keep trying though.
"still giving nothing to society?"  As if Uzi ever did.  Or will.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
please go dig a ditch or something. blue-collar people complaining about college-educated is pretty old, and you're surely not bringing any new apercus to the topic.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-18 17:41:26)

Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3960|SL,UT

Extra Medium wrote:

that is not right. his advice is worth everything i've paid for it.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Steve-0 wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

you got mad at me because i kept telling you "to stop drinking" when you were having alcoholic melt-downs on this forum.

my imperatives technically saved your life. one day you can buy me a non-alcoholic drink. thank you, take care.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4196|Oklahoma

Steve-0 wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Yet he can't even get off the Heroin.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
take it to the redneck thread
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3960|SL,UT

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Steve-0 wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

you got mad at me because i kept telling you "to stop drinking" when you were having alcoholic melt-downs on this forum.

my imperatives technically saved your life. one day you can buy me a non-alcoholic drink. thank you, take care.
like i said - your advice is worth every farthing, penny, whatever poofter money your blue-collar grandpa earned honestly - that i paid for it.

your contributions, on the other hand, don't really amount to much, do they?

have you earned said farthing or shilling?

have you done honest work for honest pay, or are you snorting coke off of your fathers' bequethed backside?

what have you contributed to society outside of your fathers' accountant's time and effort?

i've helped built the house i live in, and paid the contractors fair and negotiated prices for their work and effort.

you read books as your contribution, you have not lived except for the largesse of others, and have not earned any discernible thing, including my respect.

why would i take your advice, or when, poofter?

Last edited by Steve-0 (2013-07-18 18:22:44)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4196|Oklahoma
I really can't see anything of value he will ever contribute to society.  He's going to be one of those people that swindle some shit idiot company to pay him a wage for some bullshit literary service that no one will use.  He'll be the guy at the coffee shop in the morning talking to other losers that contribute nothing to society about how the world is shit and if everyone just thought the same as them things would be better.

Seriously Uzi, WHAT will you ever contribute to society?  I'm seriously curious about what you will give back to the world.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Big businesses provide more and better jobs than the small and ever beloved small businesses. Most small businesses only enrich the owners and often suck money out of places without ever making local investment.
small business owners tend to circulate their money back into the immediate community and local economy a lot better than walmart CEO's, though.
I disagree. Walmart doesn't make a lot of money per item. They make pennies and make up for it by selling in bulk. Small places must sell items at a higher price since they don't have the size to squeeze out profits at the margins. This puts downward pressure on the suppliers who are mostly Chinese anyway but for the average American, and especially in economically depressed areas a Wal-Mart can be a great thing to have.

Secondly I like I said before many small businesses suck out their communities. The best example for this premise is the Korean store in a black neighborhood. Koreans come in, hire only their family and other Koreans, don't live or invest in the area, and charge high prices because the people have no choice. That is money that is leaving and never coming back. Now if a Wal-Mart showed up and wiped out all of these little Korean places, the locals would get jobs working for Wal-Mart, get cheaper stuff, and see overall economic development.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
get paid shit wages etc
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Macbeth wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Big businesses provide more and better jobs than the small and ever beloved small businesses. Most small businesses only enrich the owners and often suck money out of places without ever making local investment.
small business owners tend to circulate their money back into the immediate community and local economy a lot better than walmart CEO's, though.
I disagree. Walmart doesn't make a lot of money per item. They make pennies and make up for it by selling in bulk. Small places must sell items at a higher price since they don't have the size to squeeze out profits at the margins. This puts downward pressure on the suppliers who are mostly Chinese anyway but for the average American, and especially in economically depressed areas a Wal-Mart can be a great thing to have.

Secondly I like I said before many small businesses suck out their communities. The best example for this premise is the Korean store in a black neighborhood. Koreans come in, hire only their family and other Koreans, don't live or invest in the area, and charge high prices because the people have no choice. That is money that is leaving and never coming back. Now if a Wal-Mart showed up and wiped out all of these little Korean places, the locals would get jobs working for Wal-Mart, get cheaper stuff, and see overall economic development.
Walmart only makes a profit on sheer volume alone. I guess its really an American thing to have superstores and what not. Only superstore we have here is costco but you only go there for bulk shit coz its far away. Most of our groceries besides coles and woolies (big 2 chains) can be bought in malls/department stores, there are a ton of butcher shops (usually really good meat) and tons of fruits+vegs shops and sometimes a store like thomas dux (good quality meats and vegs + artisan bread). You can still go to one place to "do all your shopping" no ones asking people to travel all day to buy from 5 different places. Our shopping areas are pretty congregated into one place.

So what if the korean store only hires their own family. It's a family business ffs. Why can't a black guy open a store in their own neighborhood. That korean is a brave motherfucker being out of his cultural zone and sell goods black people. How are they not investing in the area? they opened up a fucking store. How is that not an "investment." you're like one of those kids bitching about messicans sending their money overseas.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

thankfully i have 3 massive chain supergrocery stores near me as well as an amazing market for cheaper and fresher fruits/veggies/meats.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Cybargs wrote:

So what if the korean store only hires their own family. It's a family business ffs. Why can't a black guy open a store in their own neighborhood. That korean is a brave motherfucker being out of his cultural zone and sell goods black people. How are they not investing in the area? they opened up a fucking store. How is that not an "investment." you're like one of those kids bitching about messicans sending their money overseas.
Opening a store isn't investing in an area in the sense of actually contributing to the economic growth of the place. How much money goes back into the community after it passes through the store? None. It all leaves the community with the Koreans. A Wal-Mart on the other hand employs people from the area. Has maintenance done by people from the area. Gives things cheaper to the people in the area. I couldn't care less about the immigrant Korean family living the American dream by profiting off of blacks in the ghetto. A Wal-Mart better serves communities.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Macbeth wrote:

Opening a store isn't investing in an area in the sense of actually contributing to the economic growth of the place.
omg lol
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Okay. Please explain how a Korean store on a corner of the hood helps grow the local economy.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Macbeth wrote:

Okay. Please explain how a Korean store on a corner of the hood helps grow the local economy.
how does it not?
BVC
+325|6696
The only thing that "trickles down" is bullshit.  But eh, you work hard and you've got a right to keep what you've earn no matter what some communist says.

Big box stores are hated because one bigbox means 20 or 30 small local businesses go down the shitter, and they effectively lower the median income of an area.  But whose to blame there, the store or the consumers?

Last edited by BVC (2013-07-18 22:55:09)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

BVC wrote:

The only thing that "trickles down" is bullshit.  But eh, you work hard and you've got a right to keep what you've earn no matter what some communist says.

Big box stores are hated because one bigbox means 20 or 30 small local businesses go down the shitter, and they effectively lower the median income of an area.  But whose to blame there, the store or the consumers?
consumers.

the only thing that big stores have an edge against small stores is logistics chain and marketing. small stores can always beat big stores on costs.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Cybargs wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

how does it not?
Are you really this dumb?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard