Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Everything was going fine, until the bill came.

But it wasn't the amount on the check that angered Joseph Gibson, who had stopped at a St. Louis sports bar to chow down.

It was a line on the special order section for his young son that set him off.

Under "1 -- Wing Sauce" the receipt read: "F---in Needy Kids."

The name of the bar? Friendly's.

Denny Domachowski, the general manager of Friendly's Sports Bar and Grill, told CNN the waitress meant it as a joke and intended to delete it before handing the bill to Gibson. She's been reprimanded, he said.

"I apologized to them, and he called later and I apologized again," Domachowski said.

Gibson, who had a soda and chicken dinner, was still offended.

Snarky quip, no tip: Receipt goes viral

He posted a picture of the receipt to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Facebook page. He wrote that he was upset by the explanation that it just a joke among co-workers.

"So customers with children are a joke? This place isn't so friendly. I got nowhere with management," he wrote.

Domachowski explained that he made a Father's Day exception for Gibson to bring in a child even though the bar was for patrons 21 and older.
Ok, the waitress was wrong but how does an apology not suffice? You took your kid to a place that isn't for kids and expected everyone to be happy about it.

This is just an example of parents being obnoxious about their children. I see this everywhere I go and I am sick of it. I went to go see the fast and furious movie and guess what was making noise throughout the whole thing? Someones newborn. Why would you bring a newborn to a movie opening? Went and saw a different movie and the parents took up extra seats for their little children to have extra room. Too bad the kids didn't stay in their seats.

I am tired of people's kids. I am tired of parents getting tax breaks for their children while I don't get rewarded for not having kids. I am sick of parents getting time off because they have kids and I don't. I am tired of having to pay higher property taxes to support schools.

I resent children for the burden they place on me. Please debate.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6646

Macbeth wrote:

I resent children for the burden they place on me.
Say the above quote to your parents. They could probably use a good laugh.

The kids' parents are who you should focus your resentment on. There are definitely bad seeds out there, but the majority of misbehavior stems from parents who fail to lay down solid boundaries and discipline their children properly.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247
i resent geriatrics and the elderly more. at least children are going to grow to contribute.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Its tiresome when people expect to be allowed to break the rules because they think they're special.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4188|Oklahoma
Cool, now Bf2s is against children and old people.
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
Well children are awfully loud and annoying.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5906|...

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

The kids' parents are who you should focus your resentment on. There are definitely bad seeds out there, but the majority of misbehavior stems from parents who fail to lay down solid boundaries and discipline their children properly.
truth

@medium- The opinions of 2 ppl does not a forum wide opinion make.

@macbeth- If you ever have kids (god help us all) are you going to refuse a tax break and return that fat tax return? Just wondering.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

I'm never having children. I don't want the responsibility.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5906|...

That's pretty thoughtful of you.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
GoodGuyMacbeth - Doesn't like kids, doesn't have them.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6467|Foothills of S. Carolina

Extra Medium wrote:

Cool, now Bf2s is against children and old people.
You just now realizing this?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
we did ban burnzz and androz
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

we did it for burnzz own good
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
i miss him bar his mad/drunk posts
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
I also miss burnzz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

I miss lamp.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its tiresome when people expect to be allowed to break the rules because they think they're special.
let me know when people using illicit substances in the safety of their own homes cost anywhere near as much money to society as the elderly... or even people who drink/smoke (do i have to cite that australian study again that showed the drastic difference in cost?)

the elderly are a structural burden. improved healthcare means way too many live for way too long. they all just get senile, anyway, and don't even know where they are. it's a bigger problem financially than little kids.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You thought that was about you?
Crikey

Self-entitled bores are tedious - period.

The elderly haven't generally paid for their own working lives, let alone their extended retirement.

People with kids get huge breaks and benefits these days.

Who is caught in the middle? Generation X

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-06-20 04:53:41)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247
the post immediately followed mine and obviously alluded to the fact that i think drug legislation is stupid.

you are such a child.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You're projecting again, calm down.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247
are you turning that post into a whine about your generation now? or a critique of mine? i can't even tell anymore. you got through school during an era when there were low/no fees, then brag about being "debt free" your whole life. let's not go on about generational advantages.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I went through college when the fees were low, paid through taxes, which were fairly high.
Now academics are expecting salaries equivalent to a high-flying commercial wage and taxes are relatively low it costs money to go to university, yes. Bad luck.

Its the baby-boomers who got the most out of the last 50 years, and young families being bribed to produce the next generation of taxpayers - here at least.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247
i think you're placing the blame in the wrong place. its the commercial world's massive wage disparity that has made public sector workers want to be 'matched'. not unruly academics with their stuck-up attitudes wanting to be paid loads. just merely something that is at least nearly competitive with the prices they could be paid in the commercial sector. nobody works for 'public service' anymore - even NHS gp's have side-gigs. that's the financial system, not the poor attitude of academics.

but yes, you had it easy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Good, I'm very deserving.

There always was a wage disparity between commerce and govt work. The social contract was govt workers got a cushy job for life and a guaranteed pension, plus the inner glow of contributing to the functioning of the country, on the minus side the pay wasn't so high as for people in business who were hired and fired on merit and had to negotiate their own benefits.

Now everyone in a govt job wants all the perks of working for the govt, and all the benefits they would have if they were in industry - to ensure the civil service gets the same calibre of candidates as business does, supposedly.
Matching public sector pay with the private sector is absurd, pick one and don't whinge is the right response, think you're worth more? Off you go then.
Really everyone is raking it in as fast as they can and screw everyone else, the govt is a soft and stupid touch - and run by people who can now more or less set their own pay.
You want a fat academic salary? Bad luck you have to buy your way into the system.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247
i have to 'buy my way' into the system? what does that even mean? pretty much 90% of academics in salaried/tenured jobs got there because they're in the top 5-10% of graduates who managed to snowball prizes/scholarships/continued funding. you won't find any academic at a decent research-intensive university who didn't get to their current post without a decade or more of skimming along on <£30k, constantly applying for scholarships/funding body awards/charity grants (a thriving educational charity sector exists for university research alone), etc. it's hardly 'buy your way in'. people with money don't just throw out the cash for a master's and PhD. you don't get employed at the end of it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard