Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida

Good luck trying to sleep after that/10

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-05-05 13:12:01)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
great sound in that film
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

I like the part where it went eeeEEEEEeeeEeEeEEeeeEEeEEEEeeEeeeeeEEEEEeeeeEEEEEeeE.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

Watched The Dictator.

Way better than I was expecting and produced some laughs.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
HITNRUNXX
+220|6706|Oklahoma City
Iron Man 3: 7/10
Better than 2, not nearly as good as 1.
lol Iron Manc - I'd rather see that than Iron man...

anyone watch the Place beyond the pines? ill just drop into the netflix anyway.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
you'll be glad to know there's a sequel

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
supermanc

10/10

d4rkph03n1x
+131|6746

I rate this movie fucked up/10. Was excruciating to sit through and watch but at the same time I couldn't bring myself to look away. The protagonist dies really early and then his dialogue ceases and you end up seeing a somewhat chronologically accurate depiction of his life from early years to how his death affects those around him afterwards. I don't know what to say, you're going to have to experience this one on your own terms.

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
enter the void is a decent movie if you're stoned and want something to watch with friends. it's a bit self-indulgent though, and does meander along. noé always spoke about how he wanted to do a film like 'enter the void' as a total vanity project- given the time and money. sometimes it shows that he basically just made the movie entirely for his own indulgence. still good though.

however his earlier films are far better. this one is fucking great.

probably one of my favourite movies, actually.
that dude is nuts

the paperboy 7/10  murder mystery, story is a wash by the end..   still had a nice cast and was not dull
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amWEDDNoSh4&    prolly one of the best scenes of the movie with nicole kidman

//
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

So it's basically the same as the other movies.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6650

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

lol Iron Manc - I'd rather see that than Iron man...

anyone watch the Place beyond the pines? ill just drop into the netflix anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhb2F5df4Vg
I watched it last weekend on a whim, without knowing a thing about it...

I don't even know what I would rank it on a 10 scale, but I will say that it is a good film, just not one you will want to watch many times over, nor one you really want to recommend to people without some disclaimers.

It's somewhere between Gone Baby Gone and Schindler's List on the depressing scale, and it takes its sweet time progressing the plot. That said, there are some solid acting performances in it, and Bradley Cooper was actually a lot better than I expected.

Netflix was the wise choice, is the point I'm getting at.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
i thought you were comparing Iron Manc to schindler's list then for a minute...
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
Star Trek Into Darkness

I really liked it. It's more of the same style of film as the previous one, so if you didn't like that you probably won't like this either. Plenty of humour, action, and cool Star Trek-like stuff. It's still more of an action film than a Star Trek film but that's just how it is, and it's a very well made one.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England
The Great Gatsby - 9/10

Have to remember its a Baz Luhrman movie so it's not for people like newbie, but I thought it was outstanding. Definitely needs to be seen in the theater.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Star Trek Into Darkness

I really liked it. It's more of the same style of film as the previous one, so if you didn't like that you probably won't like this either. Plenty of humour, action, and cool Star Trek-like stuff. It's still more of an action film than a Star Trek film but that's just how it is, and it's a very well made one.
I liked it. Was definitely a homage to Spoiler (highlight to read):
Wrath of Khan
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
HITNRUNXX
+220|6706|Oklahoma City
Django Unchained: 8/10

I'm not a big Tarantino fan, but this was probably one of my favorite things by him. It was pretty good. If the last half had the feel of the first half, I would have rated it in the 9 range.

Jack Reacher: 9/10

Not a Tom Cruise fan, but this was a solid movie. I enjoyed it a lot. With the exception of one "Come at me bro" moment
Spoiler (highlight to read):
where he throws down a gun in order to fight someone it was one of those movies that followed my train of thought. Little touches like "Oh come on, he wouldn't touch that phone and leave fingerprints there" are quickly followed up with him wiping the phone down, for example. Unlike some movies where the main character jumps to random conclusions for no reason, the reasons really make sense here. Really didn't know what to expect going into it, and didn't see any trailers for it. Had a similar feel to the Bourne movies to me, but way way better in my opinion.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Jay wrote:

The Great Gatsby - 9/10

Have to remember its a Baz Luhrman movie so it's not for people like newbie, but I thought it was outstanding. Definitely needs to be seen in the theater.
What are you even talking about? If I went to see a movie tomorrow, my choices would be between IM3, Gatsby or GI Joe, and I'd be leaning towards Gatsby.
i hear it's closer to the book than the GG Robert Redford movie, I look forward to a theaater view!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
Star Trek - Into Derpness 6.5/10

It was mildly entertaining, but the plot holes had plot holes and the whole Kirk/Spock bromance was a bit grimace-inducing.
Kirks head didn't seem quite as huge as it did in the previous film, maybe they used some different lenses, or maybe shrank it with CGI, so that was good, but Chekhov, Scotty and McCoy trying to out-Chekhov/Scotty/McCoy the TV series actors got a bit tiring.

At least I had a beer and icecream to keep me going.

Also, even when asians are being repeatedly poked very hard in the neck they can still unflinchingly operate their smart-phone with its headlight-like display. Must be some kind of superpower but its really annoying.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-05-15 02:49:17)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6188|Roma
The first film was better, got to admit.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
Come to think of it Spock was good, he was the only character I didn't want to see get sucked out of an airlock at least, and Zoe Saldana.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-05-15 03:14:14)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

So Gatsby gets 50% (31% top) on rotten tomatoes from critics, but 84% from the audience. After reading about some of the issues with the adaptation of the book, I think I'll rent it instead.

Not an all-out disaster, but Fitzgerald's novel is rendered as a fairly standard love story. And it's much, much more than that.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

The Great Gatsby - 9/10

What are you even talking about? If I went to see a movie tomorrow, my choices would be between IM3, Gatsby or GI Joe, and I'd be leaning towards Gatsby.
I'm still curious. What does "it's a Baz Luhrman movie so it's not for people like newbie" even mean? Does it mean I don't like shorts? He's made a few. Does it mean I gave Moulin Rogue a bad rating somewhere in this thread? Does it mean I thought Australia was an average film? I thought it was. But "Baz Luhrman is not for the likes of newbie."

What the fuck am I missing, Jay? Whatever you're trying to imply is completely lost on me.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So Gatsby gets 50% (31% top) on rotten tomatoes from critics, but 84% from the audience. After reading about some of the issues with the adaptation of the book, I think I'll rent it instead.

Not an all-out disaster, but Fitzgerald's novel is rendered as a fairly standard love story. And it's much, much more than that.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

The Great Gatsby - 9/10

I'm still curious. What does "it's a Baz Luhrman movie so it's not for people like newbie" even mean? Does it mean I don't like shorts? He's made a few. Does it mean I gave Moulin Rogue a bad rating somewhere in this thread? Does it mean I thought Australia was an average film? I thought it was. But "Baz Luhrman is not for the likes of newbie."

What the fuck am I missing, Jay? Whatever you're trying to imply is completely lost on me.
It means you're a nitpicky jackass about everything and thus would not like this stylized version of the book. You would find the cinematography overly distracting and would prattle on for several pages about how much it bothered you. I was trying to spare both you and us.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard