Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Check his record. He fought some big names before and survived though not win. He has potential.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5953|Perth, indian ocean
Kelvin is like a mini Velasquez, can't wait to see him develop in the UFC. I think Uriah will win the final this saturday, I love his muay thai technique and his power is crazy, i've never seen someone basically stopped from punches by the guy on the bottom.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...
just got around to (finally) watching UFC 155. Miller vs Lauzon was one of the best fights I have ever seen, that was absolutely crazy. Probably the best moment in their respective careers. Incredibly fast paced and they kept up that same pace for over 20 mins. Superbly entertaining

cigano vs cain was a one-sided clobberfest tbh, imo the ref should've stopped the fight. These sorts of fights is why MMA gets a bad rap for its brutality.

also badr hari and alistair overeem are now training and sparring in the same camp lol, there's so much bad blood between those two

Last edited by Shocking (2013-04-11 07:54:48)

inane little opines
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Tyrone Sponge and Overeem are training together. I haven't heard anything about Badr Hari
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Overeem was training over in NL for a bit with Badr. Overeems been out of kickboxing for over a year so their bas blood should be done with by now.  That chick fight on saturday was the best fight on the main card.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

It was good. If the fights continue to be good then I could learn to like WMMA. Just don't add another weight class
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I don't see Gilbert doing any better than Nate. Gilbert and the Diaz brother would do well going to a new coach.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Gilbert's a waaaay better wrestler than Nate.  Nate's a better submission grappler.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Gilbert won imo
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

That was one shitty event.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
I missed it, not worth downloading?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Nope.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Co-Main event was a snore and ended with an eye poke. Main event was an early first round stoppage preceded by JJ taking down Chael at will. Nelson knocked out the tall black guy with one shit. Slow and boring LHW fight
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
Jon Jones has to be the pound for pound champ now, if Silva couldn't stop Sonnen taking him down then he has no chance stopping Jones, and Jones's elbows are too much for anyone to handle on the ground. Bring on the superfight between them, I'd love for Silva to prove me wrong!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Eh His last two fights were against middleweights. You don't get points for beating people from a lower division.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
Fair point, and Jones should be a heavyweight anyway.
On another note
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chael-sonn … 54182.html
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
Sweet kick Vitor, too bad the only place you can fight with your TRT exemption are places the UFC will most likely not hold title shots.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Anderson defended his title in Brazil once. So dud Aldo. I don't want an Anderson Silva rematch and am cool with watching him headkick contenders on FX for awhile.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON
Jones would kill Silva.  Silva is getting old.
Alpha as fuck.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Agreed. I hope he knows when to retire instead of going Chuck Liddel.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
I can't see how Weidman is gong to get close to beating Silva, tomorrows card is average IMO, anyone buying it?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

feeling gutted
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
showboating is gonna catch up with you someday.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
Silva is invincible.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
Nope. Weidman really did his homework

When fighting Silva, opponents struggle to hit him, and when they connect, he takes the power away by rolling with strikes. Rolling with a punch means to move in the same direction in order to reduce its impact. In MMA, this should be easier than in boxing because almost all MMA fighters attack by alternating their hands—left-right-left or vice versa.

Boxers often double or even triple up the same hand mid-combination, which makes it difficult for the defender to turn side to side as Silva does.Very few opponents have doubled up punches from one hand against Silva. I am not saying that doubling up would allow a fighter to knock Silva out—there isn't a simple answer to an iron chin. However, there is a reason why elite boxers rarely roll with every punch as effectively as Silva does; boxers are not as predictable and one-note in their offence.

If you watch Weidman, he throws a left , right, right backfist, and left. The right backfist completely throws silva off and the left connects beautifully! The thing with rolling with the punches is that if you roll the wrong way you are going to get fucked
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/1h … s_weidman/

Also

https://twitter.com/GamblingFury/status … 1959227393

Last edited by m3thod (2013-07-07 14:43:55)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Since when Sid you read reddit?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard