Speelbal
+146|6763|Netherlands
Many people, mostly the higher ranked players want this medal. Here's a guide how to obtain those points.

OK. I see many people wonder what are driver kill assists and what are driver special ability points. Let me explain this.

Driver kill assist: When your fellow drivers of the vehicle kill an enemy, you are awarded a driver kill assist. This is worth 1 point.
Driver special ability:When your fellow drivers score a teampoint. This can be a healpoint, ammo giving point or repair point. Thus, necessary kits in your vehicle should be Engineer, Medic or Support.

!Both driver kill assists and driver special ability points count towards the medal of valor!

So what are the best ways to get those driver kills?

Helicopter

Flying. Duh. This is an easy way to get a lot of driver kill assists. Especially on Sharqi as MEC. Only downside is, half the team wants that chopper and the helipad is full of teamkilling bastards. Yes.
And what about that raping arty and USMC cobra? Always nice is to park a vodnik in front of the MEC chopper to avoid getting TV'd or TOW'ed. (Don't blame me for getting this in public!)

You can't do much against arty, except for asking your commander to warn for enemy artillery strikes.

Wake is another good map for getting driver kill assists in the chopper. The open seas gives a TV a nice advantage. Tanks aren't safe anymore. Too bad they cut the range of the TV a while back.

Best: MEC chopper on Sharqi Peninsula.

Armor

Don't try to get a lot of driver kills in a tank, use an APC. Strike at Karkand is a hell of a map for it. Just sit in the second, third (etc.) places, and do nothing. The opportunity to kill someone from those fire holes is very slim, so you can make yourself a sandwich. Nice advantage of the APC is the high rate of fire. Drivers of the APC get a lot if infantry kills. A good driver  can take a tank out too, so find those APC whores who have the knowledge.
Only downside of the APC is it's weak armor. 2 shots of an Anti tank is enough to set it on fire and destroy it. So be an engineer, let your driver know that so he can escape the battle, find a safe spot an both repair your vehicle.

Best: USMC APC on Strike at Karkand.

Jet

Don't try to get driver kill assists in a 1-person jet. That won't work... Go for the SU's, or F-15. Bomber class. I tend to play on Operation Cleansweep. This can be because I'm used to the map and know where to bomb, shoot w/e or because of some strange advantage of the map. (Maybe noob AA positions, on hills and surrounded by open fields or water?)
Try to be on the USMC team because the Airfield with the bomber on MEC side is capturable.
You can take your bombing actions to the Gulf if you want, but I can assure you, the F35B's are like flies which don't go away and will not DIE! Also, you have to be on MEC side.
Kubra Dam I won't recommend because of the Mobile AA. Bah!

Best: USMC F-15 on Operation Cleansweep.

Transport

Not a recommendation. A very weak but versatile vehicle. I would recommend small city maps like Strike or Gulf. Don't do Mashtuur because it has 2 AP C's and 2 tanks in total with 16 players. (Yes, it's weird!)
Don't underestimate the power of a dink where there are a few tanks or AP C's.

Best: USMC or MEC transport at Strike at Karkand.

Conclusion:

I'm not even close to 5000. I'm around 3000. So I'm probably not the best person who should make this topic about driver kills and such. But then again, I don't whore vehicles.
If you see some mistakes, (not spelling please..) post it and I will try to change it into the correct ..thing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to say, be the one who flies the vehicle and don't be the one who drives the vehicle. (Hope you understand that one!)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't see this as a Bible to Driver kills, but see it as a little piece of text for inspiration.

EDIT:

Edited some readability aspects.

Keep in mind I don't own SF/EF/AF.

Your right. Zatar doesn't have a bomber. My mistake. Changed.

Another. It said: "Keep in mind I don't own SF/FE/AF. That would be EF. Thanks to Niekejeje

Last edited by Speelbal (2006-05-29 06:44:56)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6705|Howell, Mi USA
Being the HIND pilot on Iron Gator with a good gunner also helps
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
[CSG*] Bane_The_Destroyer
+7|6606|Pleasanton, CA
Blackhawk on Masturrrrr. Yes, even the new BH-lol. Load it up with guys who just want to have a good time trying to play old school. I came out with 80 assist points being a support pilot... sadly, their score were crap XD
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6595|England
Now this will make me sound a bit of a n00b, but what excatly is a special ability point?

Is it only when your passenger uses his speical ability (eg heal, repair) while you are driver?

Or do passenger kill assits and all that count towards driver special ability points?
[CSG*] Bane_The_Destroyer
+7|6606|Pleasanton, CA

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Is it only when your passenger uses his speical ability (eg heal, repair) while you are driver?

Or do passenger kill assits and all that count towards driver special ability points?
I believe they're separate. You get kill assists when your gunners kill someone.

I think! you get special ability when you help a passenger accomplish anything be it repair, heal, etc. Seeing as you can't kill anyone with the BH anymore all I was getting was special ability points.

Last edited by [CSG*] Bane_The_Destroyer (2006-05-26 10:02:56)

pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6657

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Now this will make me sound a bit of a n00b, but what excatly is a special ability point?

special ability is when in school you are in the "special ability" class its either when your very clever or mentally challenged. To get these points simply act like a mentally challenged player e.g. arty own players, TK i have many points
Black Vaine
+43|6633|K-Town, Sweden

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Now this will make me sound a bit of a n00b, but what exactly is a special ability point?

Is it only when your passenger uses his special ability (eg heal, repair) while you are driver?

Or do passenger kill assists and all that count towards driver special ability points?
When passenger/driver/pilot gets a team points...( Or NOT SURE : Combat point)

Sincerely , Dario
CreepingCharlie
+2|6557
the medal requires 5000 driver special ability points not kill assists. Oh and karma you are correct. You get them when a passenger uses their specail ability(heals, ammo, repair) while you are the driver.
banksd1983
APC whore
+20|6676

Speelbal wrote:

Many people, mostly the higher ranked players want this medal. 1000 defend points is nothing, 30.000 teamwork score is relatively easy. But to get those 5000 driver points you  need to whore a vehicle pretty much.

So what are the best ways to get those driver kills?

Helicopter

Flying. Duh. This is an easy way to get a lot of driver kill assists. Especially on Sharqi as MEC. Only downside is, half the team wants that chopper and the helipad is full of teamkilling bastards. Yes.
And what about that raping arty and USMC cobra? Always nice is to park a vodnik in front of the MEC chopper to avoid getting TV'd or TOW'ed. (Don't blame me for getting this in public!)

You can't do much against arty, except for asking your commander to warn for enemy artillery strikes.

Wake is another good map for getting driver kill assists in the chopper. The open seas gives a TV a nice advantage. Tanks aren't safe anymore. Too bad they cut the range of the TV a while back.

Best: MEC chopper on Sharqi Peninsula.

Armor

Don't try to get a lot of driver kills in a tank, use an APC. Strike at Karkand is a hell of a map for it. Just sit in the second, third (etc.) places, and do nothing. The opportunity to kill someone from those fire holes is very slim, so you can make urself a sandwich. Nice advantage of the APC is the high rate of fire. Drivers of the APC get a lot if infantry kills. A good driver  can take a tank out too, so find those APC whores who have the knowledge.
Only downside of the APC is it's weak armor. 2 shots of an Anti tank is enough to set it on fire and destroy it. So be an engineer, let your driver know that so he can escape the battle, find a safe spot an both repair your vehicle.

Best: USMC apc on Strike at Karkand.

Jet

Don't try to get driver kill assists in a 1-person jet. That won't work... Go for the SU's, or F-15. Bomber class. I tend to play on Operation Cleansweep. This can be because I'm used to the map and know where to bomb, shoot w/e or because of some strange advantage of the map. (Maybe noob AA positions, on hills and surrounded by open fields or water?)
Try to be on the USMC team coz the Airfield with the bomber on MEC side is cappable.
You can take your bombing actions to the Gulf if you want, but I can assure you, the F35B's are like flies which don't go away and will not DIE! Also, you have to be on MEC side.
Kubra Dam I won't recommend because of the Mobile AA. Bah! Zatar is a nice map too, open fields an many vehicles to bomb, but a little harder because of the mobile AA and the fact you have to be MEC.

Best: USMC F-15 on Operation Cleansweep.

Transport

Not a recommendation. A very weak but versatile vehicle. I would recommend small city maps like Strike or Gulf. Don't do Mashtuur because it has 2 APC's and 2 tanks in total with 16 players. (Yes, it's weird!)
Don't underestimate the power of a vodnik where there are a few tanks or APC's.

Best: USMC or MEC transport at Strike at Karkand.

Conclusion:

I'm not even close to 5000. I'm around 3000. So I'm probably not the best person who should make this topic about driver kills and such. But then again, I don't whore vehicles.
If you see some mistakes, (not spelling please..) post it and I will try to change it into the correct ..thing.

Don't see this as a Bible to Driver kills, but see it as a little piece of text for inspiration.

EDIT: Edited some readability aspects.

Keep in mind I don't own SF/EF/AF.
What the hell does any of this have anything to do with the Medal of  Valor and driver special ability points?
Scorpian65
+14|6749
What the hell does any of this have anything to do with the Medal of  Valor and driver special ability points?
He's trying to help people get their Medal by giving them some pointers on gaining the 5000 points needed.

Although they are listed in game as two seperate things.

The kill assist in vehicle and driver special ability points both combine and go towards the 5000 needed to get the Medal of Valor.
mad scotsman
+177|6619|scotland
i usaully pilot for one of my clanmates and get all the driver points,,i have enough for two valour medals but it wont register the second, instead it awards me my second every time i join a server
Arcano-D.E.S
+13|6557
Hey my first post.

Anyways,  I was having trouble with it too. I found a good way to get fast points is on Wake Island. Follow the tank off to the point of the island, make sure you have a support guy with you. Have him gun and sit in a group of guys who are mercilessly shelling the island (you need to be PLA). Just keep having him feed ammo to people around him. I got several special ability points while doing this. You just need to keep your eye open for aircraft.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6787|Kansas, USA
According to the Wiki Driver Special Ability points are earned "When piloting any vehicle that allows passengers and one of the hitchhikers earns a combat or teamwork point you will earn 1 point."

I was always under the impression that you only received them when an occupant earned a point for a Heal, Resupply, or Repair. Getting a point for a driver kill assist makes these much easier to obtain than I though.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6854|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Uhm, I've got around 11,000 team points, 500 defends, but 3000 driver kill assist. So it's opposite for me :p
Turtle
+7|6768|Boulder, CO
I don't see how this has anything to do with the medal. You get driver ability points when a passenger in the vehicle you're driving gets an assist point. Either from a heal, ammo resupply or repair. Having a kickass gunner in your chopper gets you team points, that's it.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6579

Scorpian65 wrote:

Although they are listed in game as two seperate things.

The kill assist in vehicle and driver special ability points both combine and go towards the 5000 needed to get the Medal of Valor.
Usually i'm always pilot in a helicopter and can confirm that Driver Kill Assists count towards the 5000 "Driver Special Ability Points" you need for the Medal of Valor.
jnick
+22|6793
I'm over 5,000 Driver points. I feel the best way is to fly in a helicopter with a GOOD gunner.

A few relatives and immediate family and I play EVERY night, so I was fortunate enough to have good gunners.
Scorpian65
+14|6749

Turtle wrote:

Having a kickass gunner in your chopper gets you team points, that's it.
The kill assist also counts as a "Driver Special Ability" point towards the Medal of Valor.
DrunkFlea
+6|6652
Being a good heli pilot is by far the quickest way to get the driver assists needed.  I actually had well over the 5,000 assists before I got to the 30,000 team points, and it was almost all from being in the attack heli.

I was a little disappointed that the medal didn't come during play, just showed up in BFHG after all the points added up.
PRiMACORD
+190|6636|Home of the Escalade Herds
I have everything except i'm short about 14,000 teampoints
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6731|California

one word. dogtag. been flying with him since 1.03
slidero
I had like 15,000 of them when I finally got the Medal of Valor   You just have to fly attack helis a lot with a good gunner.
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6760|Florida
Yeah, I have all the Defend Flags and all the Driver points, but im like 6,000 total team points away.  I find driver kill assists easy.  Mainly because I usually only let myself fly jets/choppers because I don't trust most others.  And the way I fly is very gunner-dependant.  I line up EVERYTHING.  I may only get 1 or 2 kills a round in a jet/chopper, but my co-pilot almost always gets 30+.  It helps that I usually fly with the same person.

By the way, Zatar Wetlands doesn't have a bomber on either side.  32 man has one F35 and one MIG.  64 man has two F35s and two MIGs.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6657

Scorpian65 wrote:

Turtle wrote:

Having a kickass gunner in your chopper gets you team points, that's it.
The kill assist also counts as a "Driver Special Ability" point towards the Medal of Valor.
Yes, turtle is incorrect. I have more driver special ability points than kills in a chopper and I can tell you that they do count.

My problem has been teamwork points. Spamming ammo and health on Karkand bores me too much.
Speelbal
+146|6763|Netherlands
Due to numerous complaints and questions I provided a little piece of information about the difference between Driver kill assists and Driver Special Ability points.

:]-[: El_Shiznit wrote:

By the way, Zatar Wetlands doesn't have a bomber on either side.  32 man has one F35 and one MIG.  64 man has two F35s and two MIGs.
Your right. Thanks. Changed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard