FatherTed wrote:
booze and something on half price from steam
it was ok, but i do regret spending on the premium and hundreds of hours in it
even accounting for rose-tinting, it isn't half the game bf2 was.
I disagree, I still enjoy BF3, and at first I would have said it wasn't as good as BF2, but honestly I think they got pretty close to the enjoyment. I think BF2 was a social case, you go out, play with your friends etc, BF3, for me has been the same. I get out and play with Tazz and the rest of the clan and have a hell of a good time.
El Beardo wrote:
KuSTaV wrote:
I feel that the only way people who arent level 40+ to excel in the game is to join a server with no vehicles... those vehicle perks can be quite imbalanced if its a low-rank jet vs high rank AA/heli/jet. I was playing on Kharg I think it was, and it was pretty much impossible for me to survive 20+ seconds in a jet, and would inevitably end up aiming the jet at a tank on the ground just to make it not a waste.
I've noticed the same thing. I just got the game and I have all of 13 hours into it. I logged on to a noobs only fly maps server to try out the jets and I end up getting repeatedly destroyed by level 80+ players with all the percs. I expected to get owned a bit but it seems futile at this point.
also.. I don't know if I'm not seeing this option but I wish I could save multiple loadouts for a specific class like TF2 does.
You only need flares and machine gun. The only additional unlock you should use is rocket pods. Watch your speed, you turn fastest at 310-315 speed. I went from shitty scrub pilot, to scrub pilot with a couple service stars and a maverick dogtag before any other vehicle dog tags in a matter of days once I learned about the speed turning thingy.