unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

thepilot91 wrote:

All I can think of when I see the video is:

All I can think of when I see that pic is Mario Kart.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
The only thing I really miss is Special Forces with its night maps & night vision, tear gas & gas masks, flashbangs, ziplines and grappling hooks.
Instead of hundreds of new weapon unlocks, I would have loved to see some of these tools, even if they barely had any use.
But hey, so have half the weapons that I didn't even have equipped longer than a few minutes.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I would like to see Battlefield ease-of-use (and universe) in a game with the scale of Planetside 2. Imagine planning a massive paradrop with a bunch of other players. Awesome.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

It is settled then. You just cost EA a sale.
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5690|Gulf Coast

KuSTaV wrote:

I feel that the only way people who arent level 40+ to excel in the game is to join a server with no vehicles... those vehicle perks can be quite imbalanced if its a low-rank jet vs high rank AA/heli/jet. I was playing on Kharg I think it was, and it was pretty much impossible for me to survive 20+ seconds in a jet, and would inevitably end up aiming the jet at a tank on the ground just to make it not a waste.
I've noticed the same thing. I just got the game and I have all of 13 hours into it. I logged on to a noobs only fly maps server to try out the jets and I end up getting repeatedly destroyed by level 80+ players with all the percs. I expected to get owned a bit but it seems futile at this point.

also..  I don't know if I'm not seeing this option but I wish I could save multiple loadouts for a specific class like TF2 does.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6660|Devon, England
With the jets, you don't need unlocks to dominate.

The only unlocks I use are Stealth and Rockets - both are accessible early on. I think flares come standard, now (Wasn't the case when I played it).

The rest is all skill.

Choppers will win with unlocks against other choppers, definitely, though. I feel all other vehicle fights can be won through skill over unlocks.
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5690|Gulf Coast

I haven't put to much time into yet, maybe I just need to get used to it. I just remember getting repeatedly owned by high level guys using percs I don't have access to yet.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

Major issue I find while flying is that your countermeasures vary extremely in their effectiveness. Sometimes you flare just after the missile launch, you still get hit. Conversely, I've fired at an enemy helo that dumped its flares into the ground, ten seconds after the flares were gone, and still got  a miss. ECM does much the same. I've fired it early to no avail, firing late does little more than delay the impact. Do it to an enemy plane however and the missile either fails to lock for the next twenty seconds or goes shooting off into the ground. There's vast inconsistency in how your CM or missiles perform. They should really bring back Below Radar to work against ground AA and Stingers/Iglas and increase the lock or reload time of the latter, because at times its almost impossible to fly.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2013-02-15 09:15:24)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

https://blogscdn.battlefield.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/End_Game_Sabalan_Pipeline_Water.jpg
https://blogscdn.battlefield.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/End_Game_Kiasar_Railroad_Water.jpg
https://blogscdn.battlefield.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/End_Game_Nebandan_Flats_Water.jpg
https://blogscdn.battlefield.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/End_Game_Operation_Riverside_Water2.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

reminds me of bc2
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

BF3s maps either remind me of BC, or WIC.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

https://blogscdn.battlefield.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/End_Game_Kiasar_Railroad_Water.jpg
All this modern technology and game companies are still afraid of making forests that are anything BUT pathetically sparse.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

All this modern technology and game companies are still afraid of making forests that are anything BUT pathetically sparse.
farcry?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
poe2 had some dense forestry.  jermans vs ukraine map fuck knows what it was called.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
Armed Assault also has some pretty dense forests in temperate climate at lower altitudes.

AFAIR, the Battlefield series only has maps at higher altitudes or in Alaska, where there are no contiguous woods anymore.
The exception would be Songua Stalemate, with its dense bamboo flora, where a lot of the time you can even fit between two stalks.
But bamboo is a grass, so you can't really call it a forest or wood.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Ă…land!
MOAR FLATLEFIELD! flatastic!
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5690|Gulf Coast

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Keep in mind that once your playing on that map all those trees will be knocked over and kinda in the way.

Last edited by El Beardo (2013-02-22 14:41:36)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

FatherTed wrote:

booze and something on half price from steam

it was ok, but i do regret spending on the premium and hundreds of hours in it

even accounting for rose-tinting, it isn't half the game bf2 was.
I disagree, I still enjoy BF3, and at first I would have said it wasn't as good as BF2, but honestly I think they got pretty close to the enjoyment. I think BF2 was a social case, you go out, play with your friends etc, BF3, for me has been the same. I get out and play with Tazz and the rest of the clan and have a hell of a good time.

El Beardo wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

I feel that the only way people who arent level 40+ to excel in the game is to join a server with no vehicles... those vehicle perks can be quite imbalanced if its a low-rank jet vs high rank AA/heli/jet. I was playing on Kharg I think it was, and it was pretty much impossible for me to survive 20+ seconds in a jet, and would inevitably end up aiming the jet at a tank on the ground just to make it not a waste.
I've noticed the same thing. I just got the game and I have all of 13 hours into it. I logged on to a noobs only fly maps server to try out the jets and I end up getting repeatedly destroyed by level 80+ players with all the percs. I expected to get owned a bit but it seems futile at this point.

also..  I don't know if I'm not seeing this option but I wish I could save multiple loadouts for a specific class like TF2 does.
You only need flares and machine gun. The only additional unlock you should use is rocket pods. Watch your speed, you turn fastest at 310-315 speed. I went from shitty scrub pilot, to scrub pilot with a couple service stars and a maverick dogtag before any other vehicle dog tags in a matter of days once I learned about the speed turning thingy.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6659|Tampa Bay Florida
The thing about Bad Company 2 is that the maps were actually really good.  There were forests, urban areas, snow, deserts, grasslands, tropical jungles.  Looking at these screenshots, BF3 has about 3 or 4 variations of the same 3 or 4 maps.  Oh look, another snowy map!  Well Bad Company 2 had like 6.  Oh look another forest/woodland area that looks just like the other ones!  Oh look another fucking oil complex!  Fuck.

Still waiting for those fully destructible 3 story residential/urban buildings that Bad Company 2 had.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-02-25 17:40:43)

Adams_BJ
I hated BC2
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
BC2 Vietnam was where it was at. That mod was tight, rolling around in an M48 blaring psychedelic rock and blasting charlie was the tits.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Chou
+737|6760
Remember that forest map on Project Reality.. forgot the name but in your face Dice.
Adams_BJ
In your face dice.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
yeah bc2:v owned pretty much. needed more maps though
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
M.O.A.B