m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
Ask for advice.

Reject all given.

Good plan.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5473|Ventura, California
The only advice I rejected was going to a professional. I'm not spending money to perfect something I'm already pretty good at. I just wanted some little tips on if I was holding it properly and if my stance was good. These are minor flaws, hardly something worth going to a professional for. Guns aren't as dangerous and hard to use as people make them out to be.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
Ask for advice.

Accept amateur advice but reject professional advice.

Great plan.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It isn't rocket science. Yeah you can fire a 7.62 hundreds of yards with pinpoint accuracy. I don't need that. I run to walmart, grab some ammo, and head out to the desert with friends and shoot things into tiny pieces. There is nothing to know besides gun safety. Shoot how you feel comfortable.

I'll worry about 100% gun perfection when I'm in the Corps.
Just shooting at random shit gives you a terrible habbit. You're gonna get so fucking hazed in the corps.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
If you were actually serious about the Corps you would be trying to get your shit sorted now, not later. It's the same as many other areas of life. Don't underestimate the usefulness of developing good habits early on, or underestimate the handicap that developing bad habits now can have in the future.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Jaekus wrote:

If you were actually serious about the Corps you would be trying to get your shit sorted now, not later. It's the same as many other areas of life. Don't underestimate the usefulness of developing good habits early on, or underestimate the handicap that developing bad habits now can have in the future.
It's worst by developing bad habits first. they're a fucking bitch to get rid of rather then starting fresh.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Guns aren't as dangerous and hard to use as people make them out to be.... I'm not spending money to perfect something I'm already pretty good at.
You've never compared yourself with someone who can shoot, so really you have no idea.

But thats a great plan:

1) Do no preparation

2) Learn bad habits

3) Figure it all out when you get there

4) Profit

I'll have to remember that one.

I've given you plenty of advice you've been too dumb to follow, I'm not critiquing your stance for shooting TVs at point blank range over the internet.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-01-25 04:04:50)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke
I wish I knew everything like shifty does. Life would be so much easier.
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5978|Blue Mountain State

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It isn't rocket science. Yeah you can fire a 7.62 hundreds of yards with pinpoint accuracy. I don't need that. I run to walmart, grab some ammo, and head out to the desert with friends and shoot things into tiny pieces. There is nothing to know besides gun safety. Shoot how you feel comfortable.

Dilbert_X wrote:

You've never compared yourself with someone who can shoot, so really you have no idea.

Last edited by 1stSFOD-Delta (2013-01-25 08:39:05)

https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
This thread never fails. brb gonna check the other gun thread to see what else shifty is saying
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada

coke wrote:

I wish I knew everything like shifty does. Life would be so much easier.
Ignorance is bliss, innit?
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6714|US

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The only advice I rejected was going to a professional. I'm not spending money to perfect something I'm already pretty good at. I just wanted some little tips on if I was holding it properly and if my stance was good. These are minor flaws, hardly something worth going to a professional for. Guns aren't as dangerous and hard to use as people make them out to be.
/facepalm

Keys to basic marksmanship...yup, just minor things.
Look, if you want to be the guy that shoots average sized targets with a scoped .22LR at 10 yards and calls himself a good shot, I'm not going to stop you.

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2013-01-25 15:42:29)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

"Not dangerous to use?" Guns are absofuckinglutely dangerous to use. They exist to lob small, penetrating objects with explosive force ignited near your hand. Near your face. That guns and other weapons are dangerous is the reason there's such stiff etiquette surrounding them. Treating them like toys is a schmuck's game.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Sometimes I do wonder if shifty really is just a troll account.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5473|Ventura, California

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Does shooting with active duty US Marines on leave count? I don't think a single one of you people here can shoot better then they can. No I didn't shoot anywhere near as good as they did, but it was still better than 80% of my friends I've shot with. I've also shot with two different cops and 5 other retired servicemen. They're the ones that taught me most of my shooting skills and I think I'm pretty good. I was looking to fine tune my skills WITHOUT going to a fucking class.

That's not: Seek advice, get advice, refuse it. fuck off guys ya'll are so intentionally dumb someitmes

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2013-01-25 17:36:03)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
bf2s shooting contest
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada

Jaekus wrote:

Sometimes I do wonder if shifty really is just a troll account.
War man is for sure, I am still unsure about shifty.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada

-Sh1fty- wrote:

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Does shooting with active duty US Marines on leave count? I don't think a single one of you people here can shoot better then they can. No I didn't shoot anywhere near as good as they did, but it was still better than 80% of my friends I've shot with. I've also shot with two different cops and 5 other retired servicemen. They're the ones that taught me most of my shooting skills and I think I'm pretty good. I was looking to fine tune my skills WITHOUT going to a fucking class.

That's not: Seek advice, get advice, refuse it. fuck off guys ya'll are so intentionally dumb someitmes
Isn't IstSFOD a ma-ween? Isn't dilfart some hipster target shooter? Thought there were a couple marines and army here.

I think I'm an expert shot. I hit the clay-hawk every time.
Adams_BJ

-Sh1fty- wrote:

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Because all marines are crack shots. Most people who have picked up a rifle can shoot just as well. They aren't elite.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Does shooting with active duty US Marines on leave count?  No I didn't shoot anywhere near as good as they did....and I think I'm pretty good.
Read what you wrote.

fuck off guys ya'll are so intentionally dumb someitmes
OK Mr Internet Badass sir.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon
As long as he's not handling firearms in an unsafe manner, who gives a shit?  I doubt he shoots anything enough to develop any habits, good or bad.
Adams_BJ
If he is serious about his shooting (which he seems to be) he should care.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
My point was more to illustrate how waiting till you achieve your goal before making any attempt to improve is an arse-backwards approach.
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Serious how?  He's a kid.  If he gets serious he'll seek instruction, real instruction.  Along the way he can burn through 70 or 80 thousand rounds of ammunition to gain some experience.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

-Sh1fty- wrote:

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

If you spend so much fucking time around cops and Marines at shooting ranges, why the fuck do you have to ask for shooting advice on the internet? We're not going to magically teleport over to you and kick your ass into a perfect stance. Go take a cold shower. Your hard-on for guns is getting in the way of your logic.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard