The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Spree shootings inspired by Lady Gaga - 0

Gun murders carried out by gangsta ghetto blacks - A lot
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

They don't count since they don't come into my neighborhood and I don't go into theirs.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4195|Oklahoma
Goddamn my tolerance for stupidity is just about at it's breaking point.  If Sandy Hook did anything it all it was make all of the stupid people in the U.S. come out of the woodwork.  Guns are never going to be banned in the U.S., get over it, you know it and I know it.  There is a better chance of McDonald's going out of business that Americans giving up their guns (prolly not, but still, you get the point).  The absolute WORST that will happen is another AWB with a 10 year expiration date attached to it.  Good job hippies, you just made gun sales, high cap mag sales and tactical accessory sales SKYROCKET over the past couple of weeks with your screaming about gun bans.  Seriously, good job.  Also, gun makers are making bigger profits, gun retailers have more customers and the NRA is getting more members. 

Idiots.

Next they'll want to do something even more fun like reduce pollution by screaming for banning gasoline sales.  People hoarding $37 a gallon gas sounds fun.  They'll show them oil companies.  I'm sure Bushmaster execs cry themselves to sleep every night on their giant pillows stuffed full of cash.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'd say the stupid people are the ones buying up el-cheapo AR clones and accessories at end-of-the-world prices.

If you didn't have one already you probably didn't need one, and if you didn't have your poo together rushing out now and buying bottom-of-the-line junk for a fortune isn't really going to get you ahead.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Karbin wrote:

Watch... the next step in getting "assault rifles" out of civilian hands will be to "shame" the owners.
Just like was done with drunk drivers and smokers.
Takes time but the end result is the same, drops the number of "users" to a smaller number that can be disregarded as a protest group.
The First step has started..... "Who needs an assault rifle for hunting?"
Gun owners have been being shamed by the gun control left for a long time now. Since we aren't smashing uncontrollably into families' vehicles or filling restaurants with allergy-inducing toxic fumes, I think we can handle it.

Extra Medium wrote:

I'm sure Bushmaster execs cry themselves to sleep every night on their giant pillows stuffed full of cash.
I wonder what the Ruger execs do at night?
rdx-fx
+955|6591

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

I'm sure Bushmaster execs cry themselves to sleep every night on their giant pillows stuffed full of cash.
I wonder what the Ruger execs do at night?
Somehow involves lewd acts with the tears of their haters as lubricant, I'm sure.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

If you didn't have one already you probably didn't need one
this * infinite
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
I posted this in another thread, but I don't want to derail that one so I'll post it here again instead.

Chicago is the gun control capital of the U.S. Yet last year 500 people were fatally shot (not including law enforcement killings). It's illegal to have a gun there, and yet 500 people died just in Chicago. Who really thinks gun control stops criminals from obtaining weapons? The UK has really high violent crime rates and doesn't have many guns at all. Is restricting the freedoms of millions of Americans a smart decision in the off chance that it might possibly stop a person from going on a killing spree? The chances are so slim that I don't deem it a wise decision in terms of pros/cons.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6715|US

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

Pretty much spot on.  Although, I don't think the NRA was ever going to win points in this debate.  They did lose more than they could have.  If you noticed, if they said nothing, their silence was made out to be an admission of guilt.  Anything they said would have been ridiculed.  They just made it too easy. 
A nutcase shot a bunch of school kids.  The reasonable suggestions about changing schools from administratively "Gun Free Zones" to something else (CCW allowed, or enforced Gun Free Zones) would have met the same "DEAR GOD, GUNZZ!! BLOOD IN THE STREETS!" response from a lot of anti gun-rights types (Piers Morgan, here's looking at you).  Much of the media is very biased and not very well educated on this subject, and it clearly shows.  Anyone who has taken a serious look at the 1994 AWB knows it did almost nothing except increase the collector value of certain firearms and make sure the Dems. lost the House in the next election.
It may be a reasonable suggestion to you and I (both not married/no kids), but ask parents what they think about their teachers having guns.  I had this discussion over Christmas break with a few different people.  Every single mom I talked to said (paraphrased), "No fucking way I want the teachers to have guns."

Having teachers carry guns:
may increase stress on the teacher
is asking them to do more than teach
is arming someone that may harm students
still doesn't gaurentee student safety
gives the possiblity of a kid getting their hands on a gun

What happens when a student gets a gun from a teacher?  A teacher goes crazy and shoots up a classroom?  A madman still shoots up a classroom despite the teacher being armed?

We really need to ask - what problem are we trying to address here?  All the solutions seem to be expedient.  I'm not sure there is a good one, other than the explanation, "this depressing shit happens in the US, and it will happen again."
That is why I don't advocate forcing anyone to carry.  If teachers who can legally carry in their state wish to carry at an unsecured school, I don't think we should stop them, as we often do today.
If a teacher is going to harm students, there is nothing stopping them now...as most schools don't screen for weapons.
Kids getting the gun is a legit concern, IMO.  I'd recommend retention training/retention holsters.
Right now, we put up signs that ban guns and hope bad people obey the sign.  That makes people feel good, but doesn't do squat to actually stop someone.  Either screen for weapons or allow legal carry.  Administratively "Gun Free" zones are false comfort.
13rin
+977|6479
And in other news... Nutters
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5978|Blue Mountain State

13rin wrote:

And in other news... Nutters
Besides the explosives and other bomb making materials.

A Mossberg, flare launcher, and a couple of magazines?

Fags.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

The only bombmaker in the village.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The UK has really high violent crime rates...
Not really.
13rin
+977|6479
Murder via homicide is #15 here in the US for cause of death (not factoring guns in that either)....

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/usa- … and-gender

Oh, fuck you hollywood.

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I posted this in another thread, but I don't want to derail that one so I'll post it here again instead.

Chicago is the gun control capital of the U.S. Yet last year 500 people were fatally shot (not including law enforcement killings). It's illegal to have a gun there, and yet 500 people died just in Chicago. Who really thinks gun control stops criminals from obtaining weapons? The UK has really high violent crime rates and doesn't have many guns at all. Is restricting the freedoms of millions of Americans a smart decision in the off chance that it might possibly stop a person from going on a killing spree? The chances are so slim that I don't deem it a wise decision in terms of pros/cons.
u r a idyot
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

coke wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Not really.
Fact of the day: When it comes to violent crime overall we beat the U.K. When it comes to robbery though the U.K. commits more per year than the U.S. The U.K. does commit more violent crime than some other European countries as well as some nonEuro.

All in all both France and the U.K. technically produce more crime.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 5#p3834565
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6389
http://www.rocklandtimes.com/2013/01/01 … dangerous/

The Journal News is Armed and Dangerous
Posted January 1st, 2013

ROCKLAND COUNTY TIMES EXCLUSIVE
Armed guards from RGA Investigations have taken up post at the Journal News’ Rockland County headquarters 
BY DYLAN SKRILOFF

Guns are good for the goose but NOT for the gander.

A Clarkstown police report issued on December 28, 2012, confirmed that The Journal News has hired armed security guards from New City-based RGA Investigations and that they are manning the newspaper’s Rockland County headquarters at 1 Crosfield Ave., West Nyack, through at least tomorrow, Wednesday, January 2, 2013.

According to police reports on public record, Journal News Rockland Editor Caryn A. McBride was alarmed by the volume of “negative correspondence,” namely an avalanche of phone calls and emails to the Journal News office, following the newspaper’s publishing of a map of all pistol permit holders in Rockland and Westchester.

Due to apparent safety concerns, the newspaper then decided to hire RGA Investigations to provide armed personnel to man the location.

Private investigator Richard Ayoob is the administrator of RGA. He told the Clarkstown Police on Friday, December 28 that there had been no problems on site at the Journal News headquarters despite the massive influx of phone calls and emails.

McBride had filed at least two reports with the Clarkstown Police Department due to perceived threats. However, the police did not find the communications in question actually threatening. Incident-Report 2012-00033099 describes McBride telling police she was worried because an email writer wondered “what McBride would get in her mail now.”

Police said the email “did not constitute an offense” and did not contain an actual threat.

The Journal News caused an international stir when they released an interactive map of pistol permit holders names and addresses in Rockland and Westchester counties last Sunday, December 23. The editors have said they believe knowing where guns are is in the public’s interest. The newspaper has also taken a strident editorial position in favor of strict gun control.

Rather than take the map down following the public uproar, the executive board at the Journal News has decided to “stick to their guns” and double-down on their original decision, as they have said a map listing all pistol permit holders in Putnam County will soon to be posted.

[update---Putnam County officials have since announced their intention to not comply with the Journal News' request for the names and addresses of pistol permit holders]

The controversial use of the Freedom of Information Act to create the interactive map may come back to bite the Journal News and others who would prefer that pistol permits remain public record.

New York State Senator Greg Ball has already introduced state legislation to make such records off-limits to the public and Rockland County legislators led by Frank Sparaco (R) will soon introduce a bipartisan-sponsored resolution with a similar intent.

It is not clear whether the negative reaction has threatened the Journal News’ true popularity as a news source. As an anecdotal piece of evidence, the Rockland County Times confirms receiving an influx of new subscribers who stated they cancelled their subscription to the Journal News due to the gun story.

The Rockland County Times has not investigated whether the Journal News’ Westchester County headquarters in White Plains has beefed up security.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke

Macbeth wrote:

coke wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Not really.
Fact of the day: When it comes to violent crime overall we beat the U.K. When it comes to robbery though the U.K. commits more per year than the U.S. The U.K. does commit more violent crime than some other European countries as well as some nonEuro.

All in all both France and the U.K. technically produce more crime.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 5#p3834565
Yeah but considering Shifty said there were 500 fatal shootings in Chicago, and I'm pretty sure that's probably about the same figures for all types of murder for a year in the entire UK.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
UK ~722 Total murders/year

Chicago 532 Total murders/year, 2670 people shot/year http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/rep … 93417.html
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6715|US
Chicago has a lot of problems.  "Lax gun laws" wouldn't be one of them.  Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the US, and it is taking US Supreme Court decisions finding their laws unconstitutional to change that.  Even then, Chicago has tried to drag its feet on new legislation as much as possible.  For example, after being ordered to allow a way for residents to legally own handguns, the city required a registration process that included a test at a firing range...but outlawed firing ranges.
Adams_BJ
How 'strict' are these gun laws.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Adams_BJ wrote:

How 'strict' are these gun laws.
Does it matter? We're never going to disarm our populace like you have. Just get over it and stop talking about it already
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Our populace isn't disarmed. I have guns, many of my friends have guns. I shoot every weekend.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
Can you buy semi-automatic weapons?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
Why would I need a semi automatic weapon?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard